Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Volume posted:

I actually started re-watching the seasons on Netflix. I hadn't really re-watched any of the episodes before. It made it obvious just how much season 4 sucked.

But Community isn't on streaming Netflix?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

cat doter posted:

I don't wanna start a fight here or anything, but what did everyone think of the puppet episode in season 4? It's the only episode I've outright turned off out of disgust, which sucks because I was actually kinda impressed with season 4's opener. Everything about it felt wrong, like it was ticking the boxes for 'puppet episode' rather than subverting it like Harmon might have.

It was pretty loving terrible from someone who just started reading this thread recently.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
Zombie Jeff smashing the blackberry is one of the funniest bits in the whole show IMO.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

1st AD posted:

Well to be fair, nobody would buy a single Childish Gambino album if it weren't for Community.

Unsurprisingly, barely anyone did anyways.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Alan Smithee posted:

While we're on the subject of new study group members, why is Fat Neil always everyone's go to goon of choice?

It's all about Team Garett

Dude's a legit sperglord you can tell

Crisis Alert! Will forever make me laugh.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Exclamation Marx posted:

I was sure Duncan was the culprit just based on the letters ("What are you gonna do? Not have butts?" sounds just like something John Oliver would say)

I don't know, the really poor way they were written, which is part of why they were so hilarious, definitely screamed Britta to me.

mossyfisk posted:

Just because someone says the word 'butt' doesn't make something sexual.

It was a murder analogy.

Yes, murder victims are often blanketed and given water in dramas.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Sakarja posted:

“[Community]was a big mistake! I just sort of hung around because I have three daughters and a wife, and I figured out I might as well make some bread, every week, so I can take care of them in the way they want … The hours are hideous, and it’s still a sitcom on television, which is probably the lowest form of television.”

:allears:

Yeah not nearly as high class as sketch comedy!

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
I hope we get a farewell troy and abed in the morning.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
I wouldn't want another d&d episode, and it was probably my favorite one.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
Especially since it's all 100% speculation based on nothing at all.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

RockShowLevel27 posted:

Would more funds not be opened up by Chevy and Donald leaving, maybe softening the blow for Sony? I'm sure Chevy was making the most, being that he was the largest name attached to it.

Chevy is and has been a nobody for like 20 years.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

MrAristocrates posted:

My favorite bits are the cut Magnitude joke

That should not have been cut.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

rawdog pozfail posted:

Hahaha Troy & Lavar's adventures are going to be a season-wide background joke.

I hope so.

This was one of the best episodes all season.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Volume posted:

Lame. But I suppose it's better than this trend of "mid-season break" that's been going on. When ever I see one of those I just lose all interest in the show.

That happened to literally every show and does every year around the holidays.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

El Murguista posted:

John Oliver definitely deserves good lines, it was great to see him in something now that he's gone from The Daily Show.

The cocktail scene with the Dean is probably my favorite of the season so far. The David Bowie callback from earlier and the Dean's insistence on "easy peasy lemon squeezy", classic Dean. :allears:

The "macho rock star" line was great. Just the right amount of dean-ness.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Irish Joe posted:

God bless you. Thor 2 was a terrible movie and I feel like I'm in a strange bizarro world whenever someone praises it.

They were both loving awful and the love subplot was so shoehorned into the first one that I had no idea what was going on.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Pick posted:

I was really excited that this episode didn't focus on Abed and Annie, both of whom are overexposed compared to Shirley.

Abed had some great lines though. "I make small talk now."

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Dead Snoopy posted:

I literally thought, "the dregs of The Sarah Silverman Program" the second he wandered into the frame. I can't believe how much I hate that show.

The only one I ever saw that was actually funny was the one about Tab featuring the two gay guys, because they were the focus instead of Sarah "I'm a woman and I say dirty things haha pay attention to me" Silverman.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah his exasperated expression and speech was fantastic.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Ravane posted:

Wow, I've never heard this joke before. :allears:

Its not really a joke.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
It's sucked for a while now. I haven't even watched the last few.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Ravane posted:

Read the parks and rec thread, as a similar discussion is going on there as well. Racial and gay stereotypes aren't okay, yet it's somehow okay to discriminate against a community who just chooses to avoid meat for religious, social, or health reasons?

Yes, because vegetarian isn't an actual persecuted minority in the real world, only on SJW tumblr bullshit.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

frogbs posted:

I really want Dan Harmon and Kanye West to work together. It just makes sense somehow.

They're both very talented, egotistical, awful people?

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
Man that Dean moment. Holy poo poo. That was absolutely incredible.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
Skip the puppet episode, it's the worst one ever.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Irish Joe posted:

I invest in stocks. You invest in fictional characters.

And I'm the crazy one.

Agreed, it won't physically hurt you to watch season 4. I know lack of pain seems like stupid reason to spend 4 and a half hours watching a show you won't like, but who am I to go against the consensus that anything less painful than Chinese water torture is worth spending your time and money doing :thumbsup:

:smug: "I have a better job and life than you, you are all idiots"
*spends an hour getting worked up and posting about a TV show in the middle of the day on a Thursday*

Calm the gently caress down dude.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

MikeJF posted:

Also I just noticed Hank has the same reaction to a fistbump as Buzz.

Yeah that was a fantastic little callback there. David Cross was a great casting choice for Hickey's son.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Irish Joe posted:

What else would sandwich refer to, besides sandwiches and threesomes?

Makes me think of HIMYM's use of 'sandwich' but that'd be an odd reference to make in an episode title.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Argue posted:

This show was made by Ken Marino and it was hilarious; the cast is the Rob Thomas/Children's Hospital clique.

How many of his former The State costars are on it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

MikeJF posted:

I'm sure it's gonna have loving hologram magic computers with no relation to real technology. I wouldn't be surprised if they have virtual reality chairs where they have to track people physically through the internet cyberscape.

This poo poo makes Bones so hard to watch, especially some of the poo poo involving the "genius hacker" villain.

• Locked thread