Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Pinwiz11 posted:

What would NBC do for the rest of the year? Football would be over by December, the farewell seasons of Community and Parks and Rec can start in January.

They could probably have random reality tv in that spot the rest of the year and still make money because how popular the NFL is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

I wish instead of a cover of Come Sail Away they had played a cover of the Reading Rainbow song. Great episode.

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

ashpanash posted:

Not based on Ben Folds's character running to hide his Sativa plant (perfect for playing guitar!). Of course that may just be a campus rule.

I think every campus in Colorado technically doesn't allow it, so that would make sense.

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

hcreight posted:

-He mentions a few upcoming episodes, including a Logan's Run parody and an animated episode in the style of the 80s G.I. Joe cartoon.

Those sound great.

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

AlliedBiscuit posted:

I'm surprised in the VHS game chat no one mentioned Captain Power and the Soldiers of the Future: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FAuDYqaW58

That was more of a weird rail shooter than a board game, but I had this one as a kid. I had never watched the tv show, but I remember thinking this video was the coolest thing.

Was this the one that had a spaceship that you were supposed to use during the video?

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

ladyboy pancake posted:

Hi thread, I've been introducing my younger brother to Community over the last couple months, and we just finished season three together. The plan was we would skip most of season 4 with the exception of of the good ones that this thread has mentioned, but my brother is completely in love with Troy and isn't ready to see him go in season five. To be honest, I'd like to see him (and Pierce) for a little bit longer too. My question is, how much of season four is just ho-hum compared to absolutely terrible? If we were to watch most of the season, are there any episodes we should avoid like the plague?

Some episodes are ok, most of the season is forgettable. If you really like the show it can't hurt to watch, but I think most people will agree it is easily the worst season.

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

Twee as gently caress posted:

That was by far the best episode this season for me. Probably in my top 10 overall.

I agree with this post.

I enjoy how serious the Dean is about his character.

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

ladyboy pancake posted:

I am both excited that they're achieving their goal and disappointed that this show is not continuing forever.

I'm just glad we are getting another season. I remember hoping we'd get a third.

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

Irish Joe posted:

You and everybody under 35. Its a weird thing to riff on since most of Community's viewers are too young to have watched GI Joe when it was on the air.

Probably a little younger than 35. G.I. Joe had new episodes until 1992.

Occupation posted:

gently caress I've seen four episodes of doctor who in total and think it is the absolute worst bullshit over ever had the displeasure of viewing on a television screen and I loved inspector Spacetime pre season 4. So yeah

Did you watch modern Doctor Who episodes or classic Who? (I prefer modern Doctor Who.)

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Apr 1, 2014

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

swickles posted:

Series is going to end the same way Roseanne ended. Its all just a bunch of Abed's tv scripts written to cope with the death of Pierce and Jeff, Britta being jailed, Troy being lost at sea, and Annie's suicide.

This except right at the end, Inspector SpaceTime's telephone booth shows up and Abed goes inside and it disappears. I can't imagine how hilariously angry some of the posts here would be.

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

I hope that isn't the last episode. If it is at least this show didn't end on season 4.

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

Rest in peace Community. For a few seasons this was the funniest show on tv.

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

1st AD posted:

Ahem.

Selina Meyer.

NBC is a poo poo network that produces poo poo shows, being at the top of that poo poo heap is not an accomplishment worth bragging about.

If I had a show on NBC, I'd consider that a huge accomplishment.

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

Irish Joe posted:

Yeah. B99 reminds me a lot of P&R back when P&R was really loving good. That said, there will probably never be another show with Community's unique voice, but there will always be good comedies on tv worth watching.

^agree.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7o5Tvd641Q

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

Was the last background Troy update when his ship got taken by pirates?

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

ashpanash posted:

The clock's running out. Actor contracts expire on June 1st.

By the time they get to the movie, Abed will be the only member of the study group left.

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

It's looking more and more like Community is dead. At least it was a good run.

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

Right as I gave up another season happens, wow.

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

It's going to be really hard to not marathon them all in a row. I wish there were more than 13 but it's better than nothing. If Troy isn't back at the end of this season, the movie should be about rescuing him from the Pirates/being lost in the Bermuda triangle.

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

greatn posted:

All the community regulars get kidnapped, and Troy walks into Greendale, you only see his boots, then the camera pans up and he says "Hey, where is everybody?" to be continued. Next episode, Zordon restores Troy's green ranger powers.

That would be a great season finale if they knew a movie was happening. The Dean would be Zordon.

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

El Tortuga posted:

At this rate, I won't believe a Community movie is being made until my rear end in a theater watching it.

If the movie happens, I would be shocked if it wasn't straight to video/a streaming service.

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

Angry Walrus posted:

Maybe that's their in-show reason for writing him out as a regular. Jim the Duck makes it big so he doesn't have to teach at Greendale anymore.

Publishers are interested.

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

Glover would sound even cooler on the next season of Community.

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

I hope she will at least get a cameo in the movie.

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

Is there a clip of the Dean and Hickey's easy peasy lemon squeezey conversation anywhere online?

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

A potential spoiler for next season.

From Chevy Chase's recent ama.

"I will be in a small cameo at the beginning of Community and if they ask me to come back and do one or two appearances, it's a possibility."
http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/2op1go/chevy_chase_on_ama_and_i_dont_like_it/

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

Meatwave posted:

There's going to be secret Community features for people who still have a 15 year old Rocketmail account.

Secret features include a chance to finally watch this.

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

The Study Group is so small now. (even though they aren't a study group anymore.)

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

Didn't Britta get cast in Girls or something? How will this effect that?

The study group will have 1 less member in the movie.

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

Didn't season 3 episodes get their own threads while season 4 was so much less popular in TVIV that the whole season was one thread? I remember enjoying some episodes in 4 but actually laughing out loud significantly less.

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

I don't even know what to watch on TV anymore. All I have right now is Arrow and The Flash, but sometimes I just want to watch a 30 minute comedy while I eat some chicken nuggets.

I enjoy Fresh off the Boat, It's Always Sunny, Workaholics, the Goldbergs, and Broad City. Check them out if you haven't.

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

swickles posted:

An April and Annie pairing could have been magical. Also watching the Dean torment himself over Jeff or Chris again and again.

Chang would love Jerry. Magnitude could be a random citizen at a city council meeting.

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

Does this mean we are getting a preview tomorrow?

edit: Yes it does.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Mar 3, 2015

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

Pumped for the season. Good trailer.

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

How many episodes are in this season?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

In It For The Tank posted:

The average Community College student attends school for five to seven years!

And you have to assume students at Greendale are generally worse than the average Community College student.

• Locked thread