Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

I shall duck behind that little garbage car.
I could not be happier to see a Community thread sticked again. Hopefully the repiloting can draw a new audience from people seeking something new to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

The second episode of Community had its rating adjusted up from a 1.2 to a 1.3.

The bigger the mess NBC becomes, the more likely this show that should have ended years ago by most ratings standards keeps going.

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

Dead air would get better ratings than P&R this season.

If NBC cancels anymore sitcoms, we may be able to put this to the test.

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

I could not be happier about how this season is going so far, it really is like it got a second wind. I had been avoiding spoilers, so I watched the last few minutes of the episode with my jaw on the floor and marvelling in how they brought it all together at the end.

This show has no business being on network television and I love it for that.

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

Ratings are in, Community held its 1.1 rating!

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

The ratings held at 1.1 again this week, so it looks like Community has levelled off at what its audience will be.

Of note: Though Parks & Rec once again scored a higher rating, Community still has more overall viewers.

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

Ratings held at the series-low 1.0 for the third straight week, with 2.89 million viewers. Parks & Rec pulled a 1.1 with 2.73 million viewers, for comparison.

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

Community's ratings were up to a 1.1! There, however, was no Big Bang Theory last night.

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

They just showed the intro and a PSA from the GI Jeff episode to the attendants of PaleyFest and the buzz online seems really positive for it. The panel was pretty good and the cast seemed generally positive toward doing a sixth season, though nothing was officially confirmed.

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

Loved the episode, and it was better on second viewing when I wasn't reacting to seeing the animation gags for the first time and was better able to pay attention to the story. It probably hit home a bit harder than I'm willing for my 36-year-old rear end to admit.

I think the Winger stuff will pay off a bit better in the final eps.

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

Last night's episode hit a series low rating of 0.9 (2.58M viewers). drat.

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

Ratings ticked up one point to a 1.0 this week. Of note, it rose from a 3 share to a 4 share.

Now, the waiting game.

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

I think the chances of Community being picked up are pretty low, but I think the finite rallying cry of six seasons (and a movie) helps it more than it hurts it. Fans aren't asking for the show to go on forever like with most save-our-show campaigns, just to get to that magical number. It also gives the marketing team of where ever it may end up a built-in angle for promotion.

For me, a sixth season would at least provide a definitive timeline to wrap up the characters. No more "well, let's leave it open in case we get picked up" half-finales.

Hopefully publishers are interested!

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

Not that it's a huge shocker, but Variety is reporting that Netflix has no plans to pick up a sixth season:

http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/netflix-community-canceled-1201177833/

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

Dan Harmon writes a few words on efforts to save Community:

http://danharmon.tumblr.com/post/85510995369/more-than-a-tweet

Dan Harmon posted:

But it doesn’t matter right now WHY I’d be lukewarm or if my reasons would be valid, what matters is, I won’t be lukewarm. I’ll heat up. I said “eh” on a Friday afternoon, I will change it to a “sure, let’s talk” on Monday morning and Sony can do their thing. I’m not going to be the guy that recancels cancelled Community.

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

Brocktoon posted:

Interesting that you chose to quote that part, and not this one, which I think is much more interesting and pertinent.

The whole thing is really well-written and a departure from Dan's usual bullet spray of words after something like this. I honestly grabbed the bit I did just to drive people to read it as I knew it's the bit a lot of people were looking to read anyway.

That said, hopefully it helps a lot of people come to grips with the end of the show.

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

Deadline has an update:

Deadline.com posted:

Cult NBC comedy Community has not been shopped, but there has been incoming interest and, while there initially there was little intention on part of the producers to continue the series elsewhere, that is now considered a possibility.

Huh. I really thought this show was dead. It could just be some tire-kicking, though.

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

MrAristocrates posted:

I feel like aiming for a fall release is a little ambitious considering they aim to have all 13 episodes up at once.

Banks probably isn't coming back thanks to his Better Call Saul commitment, but I pray they figure out a way to get John Oliver in at least one episode despite Last Week Tonight.

The Yahoo.com article says "sometime in 2015", which is a lot more realistic.

https://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/community-season-6-yahoo-204612640.html?soc_src=mediacontentstory

EDIT: Whoa, between the time I copied that article and pasted it, it changed from "[all 13 episodes released all at once] sometime in 2015" to "released weekly this fall".

TealShark fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Jul 1, 2014

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

Internet people are starting to notice that Alison Brie hasn't tweeted anything Community-related since the pick up. Internet people are prepping to go into full-panic mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

I hope they didn't throw out that little sign outside of the studio where the show shoots that read "Community (2009 - )".

• Locked thread