Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica
Still nearly double anything else that night on NBC.

Oh god, what is happening to television. At the very least, repiloting and losing a couple of main cast members might just make this show financially viable for cable. If season 6 of Community makes it to USA or FXX or, hell, even Hulu as original programing, it would be a better fit for the show than NBC even if the future would be more uncertain.

With Cougar Town and American Dad moving to TBS, Futurama moving to Comedy Central, and Arrested Development moving to Netflix, the future isn't completely grim for a show like Community, but it's a complete tragedy that it gets squashed by the sort of homogenized, non-threatening shows that CBS airs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica
I loved the implication that Hickey could be the ripper.

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

That's the implication you got? Not that he was a cop fired for not catching a different serial predator?

Ah, that makes much more sense.

EDIT: Actually, no. Right after that, Hickey smiles to himself.

Emerson Cod fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Jan 12, 2014

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica
Who wants to bet that in the last tag of the season, Abed's going to notice Pierce's marker moving?

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica

Argue posted:

I hope we see more of Brie Larson this season and next :3:

Was the tag a reference to anything? I didn't quite follow what was happening other than Duncan triggering weird poo poo.

There was a military General at the custodian party.

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica
Unless he's returning for next season. In which case, Atlanta might be getting cancelled. Which would suck, but at least he'd be getting work.

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica
As someone who hated most of the episodes as they aired, going back and rewatching them was actually mostly enjoyable. There are more than a couple scenes/jokes that still make me cringe, but in the context of the series as a whole it works. There are a couple great episodes and a couple bad ones, but most of the episodes are par for the course compared to the first 3 seasons.

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica
I loved the picture of Richard Ayoade hanging in the background and that the computer's name was Boobatron.

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica
Keep in mind Hulu's contract is just for domestic syndication rights. Netflix has a license for international syndication and a 6th season of Community would be a big get for them even if they can't stream it in the US.

EDIT: Beaten. But yeah, Community is more valuable to Netflix alive than dead.

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica
Don't worry, I'm sure that he'll find some work. Maybe the Big Bang Theory could cast him as a new zany character?

EDIT: Okay, him joining Agents of Shield would actually be pretty loving cool.

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica
It's pretty amazing how much the entertainment landscape has changed. 10 years ago this kind of renewal would be absolutely unheard of. I can't tell if Community is changing the game or if they just happen to be in the right place at the right time, but I hope that this trend continues.

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica
Huh, I just realized that Community moving to Yahoo! is functionally the same as if it had moved to FXX or some other cable channel trying to make a name for themselves. Obviously Sony is still going to have some say in matters, but it really seems like Dan Harmon and Chris McKenna are going to get a lot of freedom with season 6. I mean, Yahoo! has the Leftovers pilot up at the moment, so they obviously don't shy away from sex and violence.

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica

Victor Vermis posted:

Abed's tracking device on Pierce's body must come up again- I'd put my money on a Halloween episode.

Don't forget - Pierce knew about them. He could have always stuck his in the casket with his fake body.

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica
On Harmontown he was joking about getting Werner Herzog in the Pierce role. That could actually work. Though, really they should just let Leonard join the group.

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica
That's a bit later than expected, but I hope that means that they had plenty of time to write a solid finale and give each episode a bit more time for production.

I know they haven't announced anything about Donald Glover coming back for a cameo but I hope that Joel McHale wasn't serious about LeVar Burton eating Troy while being held as hostages by pirates when he guested on Harmontown. It sounded like that was a real line that Dan wanted to keep under wraps, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica
Well, if the other rumors are true Pierce may have elaborately faked his own death. That, or we'll be seeing more holo-Pierce.

• Locked thread