Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Volume posted:

Yeah I really don't blame Chevy Chase for getting pissed off with the way they were handling his character. He was 100% right that it would eventually just lead to him having a whole episode yelling out the N word.

I think the worst thing for Pierce was that he started off as a strong Dan Harmon analogue, he literally draws a story circle in the second episode, but then all that attention shifted to Abed, leaving him without much of a character. So rather than being the Dan Harmon type who has crazy ideas, alienates people through insensitive comments, and then redeems himself through a brutal honesty and passion, he became racist and old, literally the only character traits the writers seemed to draw on when required to make a joke. I remember viewing the first episode of season 2, and seeing how they introduced Pierce again and thinking to myself "oh, pierce is just old jokes now".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

1st AD posted:

This episode, like many in seasons 4 and 5, seems rushed as poo poo, like they wrote enough material for a 40 minute episode then cut it down to 20 without cutting any scenes.

I want to see a longer cut of this episode, because it has so much potential.

If you watch the supplemental stuff like trailers or set photographs, there seems to be a ton of things that were shot but not used. Mainly the revolution I think.

• Locked thread