Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.
I'm gonna miss the study table...

NOTCHES.

Great episodes. Glad the show is back, glad Harmon is back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

For the mike thing to work out, community would have to be a prequel. Mike, frustrated teacher turns to crime to pay his burial bills

All he has to do is drop a line in the finale that he's "heading to New Mexico to help out some lawyer" - (especially if they get Banks for Better Call Saul) and suddenly Community will fit into the Westphall Universe as well.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

LividLiquid posted:

They're already in Tommy's snowglobe, I thought. Wasn't the examiner from the Law and Order episode an actual examiner from Law and Order?

Goodness, I'm no expert, but by namechecking Dick Wolf, I figured they'd need another door in.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

The random rear end Ben Folds cameo still has my head spinning.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Let's not talk about the gas leak year thread...

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Apparently Joel doesn't use spell check.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

You guys caught Harmon in the old timey photo, right?

So Danielle Harmon hasn't graduated yet.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

thexerox123 posted:

Good god this thread has had the worst thread titles.
:regd08:

It's gotten to be less funny than the gas leak year.

Apparently someone thinks they're funny. *

* that person is not me.

So, is the MeowMeowBeenz app that popped up an actual version of the one in the show? Or just shovelware?

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

It was an ok episode...

But this scene literally, (LITERALLY) made me stop the show and I started crying I was laughing so hard... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fSW3vmRpV0

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

You can tell by the way they cut away to reactions during the Dean's rap that McHale or Gillian probably lost their poo poo for a split second.

Jim Rash is a funny dude.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Quandary posted:

I think this episode required being old to enjoy, because as a 20 year old I just really did not get anything from it.

That episode was amazing... and 30 isn't old, rear end in a top hat. :colbert:

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

But... You promised butt stuff...

:cry:

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

I jumped in the thread on page one of the pilot thanks to an interview McHale did on Adam Carolla's show. I enjoyed every minute of Community, even the gas leak year for the most part. I'm sad to see it gone, now, but I got more than I ever expected out of what I will long consider one of the most innovative and creative shows to ever see television.

My only regret is that they all died off screen in a horrible Asteroid strike. RIP Greendale.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

The worst part of season 5 was your stupid alphabetical thread titles. Talk about running a joke into the ground. Ugh.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

smashpro1 posted:

Have a season 6 trailer with zero new footage: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=121848

Glossing over Season 4 with the gas leak gag was satisfying. I'm hyped.

edit: drat, that whole thing was really well put together. Kudos to Yahoo!
edit2: the exclamation point is part of their name, I wasn't that excited.

Tuxedo Jack fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Aug 15, 2014

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

So, I don't want to alarm anyone - but on the most recent Harmontown, Dan was apparently living in a hotel (with none of his belongings except his laptop) - as he and the bride to be are "taking a break" before their nuptials.

He didn't sound very confident in how he described, (not that he ever, uh, d-d-d-does) - but if Erin leaves him, I imagine he'll go back to his dark hole. From what I can tell, they haven't tweeted at each other, nor did Erin tweet about the most recent Harmontown (which she was not on). So... Yeah.

I'm relatively new to Harmontown, but this behavior strikes me as odd.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

SomeJazzyRat posted:

Hey, weddings are stressful. From the sounds of it they're just getting some space before the ceremony. Anyways, if you want to talk Dan and his life discussed on Harmontown, then take it to the Harmontown thread.

Is there one? My bad.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Bown posted:

*continues to speculate on a TV showrunner's relationship status*

I'm going through old Harmontowns and just ran across the one where he talks about owning mannequins and dating a real doll for several months.

Most showrunners aren't this interesting. You think Carlton Cuse or Tim Kring ever hosed a rubber doll for six months?

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

If they do a finale like that, I hope it backs out to Harmon daydreaming about the series only to find out the network didn't pick up the pilot.

"Good. I didn't want to work for NBC anyways."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Are new episodes 22 min or 30? Will Yahoo Screen run ads? Do we even know?

• Locked thread