Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

All I want is for Danny Pudi to do more physical comedy. Because him crawling on a desk? That was glorious.

It harkened back to when Abed decided to impersonate a vampire to pick up a woman, and walked around the cafeteria hissing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

Death By The Blues posted:

If they want to replace Troy with anybody, they should find a way to bring in Britanick. They already worked with Daniel Pudi and it was pretty awesome. Also, their style would be perfect for Community.

I want them to being back Vaughn and his tiny nipples.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

I found a Starbucks that still had Abed's Uncontrollable Christmas free episode downloads, and I picked up an extra.

Here's the code: 6KM9L4A3ARK4

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

bobkatt013 posted:

It was Annie's Boobs.

They really need to bring back Annie's Boobs.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

I love the irony that I can't watch Community live....because I'm in class at the local Community College.

At least our mascot isn't the Human Beings.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

Something I didn't realize about the Cooperative Polygraphy episode - who owns https://www.prenatalpatriots.org

It turns out that Sony Pictures does.

WHOIS info right here: http://whois.net/whois/prenatalpatriots.org

Probably smart to register that pre-emptively, so that a fan couldn't register it right when the episode airs.

However, if they don't make a prenatal army soon, I will be sorely disappointed. Fetuses, attack!

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

I also really liked it - it was the little, surreal things that made it seem like Community to me.

Like the Custodians throwing a fancy high-class party in Greendale's basement, complete with a Woodworking Original. The Parking Czar having framed posters of parking lots and the history of parking passes on the wall behind him. Abed and the Deaf Lady using actual sign language, even when Abed signed the wrong things ("Sandals"). The Dean having fajitas in his office as if in a Mexican restaurant, complete with salt rimmed margaritas. Annie's hand collapsing through the wall, and a sparrow flying out of it, madly chirping. Chang's breakdown.

I didn't even recognize any of the guest stars except for Nathan Fillon, and I still enjoyed it.

Yes. Community is back.

Qu Appelle fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Feb 1, 2014

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

Sober posted:

You didn't recognize Robert Patrick, of all people?

Nope. I sort of live in a media bubble; most of the stuff I watch is via Netflix, and then it's things like train dramas from Uruguay. And I don't have, nor really want to get, anything more than basic cable. So, while I've seen Firefly a zillion times, most of the stuff just sails above my head. Mainly due to lack of interest and/or time.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

Irish Joe posted:

That's some bubble if it excludes Terminator 2: Judgement Day and The X-Files.

It does.

I saw T2:JD a long time ago, but only once. As for The X-Files, it was when I was in college, and didn't have a TV at all. I've seen a few episodes since then, but not since this millennium. Even if I saw them recently, I probably would have still not recognized the guy. I am the anti-Abed.

I think that it's a credit to the showrunners that they can make something that's fun to watch, even if you don't know the Guest Stars. For a while, I even thought that Luis Guzmán was a fictional character.

Qu Appelle fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Feb 2, 2014

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

El Tortuga posted:

I legitimately feel bad for you, bro.

Thank you for your words of encouragement and support.

It's hard, yet somehow I feel the strength to go on. I may even go back and watch some X Files this week, because I did like the cameo he put in.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

Not so much; Joel McHale is from Seattle.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

Ravane posted:

I think Shirley's real exposition only comes after she's wealthy enough to manage her own Movie theater and hires a young, quirky man named Josh.

I predict more Shirley - Abed hijinks, ever since they bonded over Hellraiser.

Oh please, oh please....

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

fariz posted:

I hope not!

What?!

Shirley's one of the best characters on the show!

And I need a 'He is Risen' bakery apron.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

thexerox123 posted:

In 2010, no less.

Just like a real life community college!

North Seattle Community College, you can take down that poster advertising a career fair that happened in November, 2013 anytime now. Though it is homemade on construction paper, so maybe they're keeping it up as Art. Annoys me when I pass by it every day on my way to Statistics.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

Occupation posted:

Wait....what?

Makes sense - he is a Marquette alum, after all.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

I liked the old Shadowrun, where statistically a common housecat had a very good chance to kill you with a single blow.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

superjew posted:

D&D is as fun as the DM and players make it. This varies.

This episode was good but it seemed to really fly by. I do think I'll use the "you'd better think to not use fire on this old bridge" trap in my next D&D session this week.

Please make Crouton the name of an NPC.

I've been in RPG campaigns that were a blast, because the Game Master (we were playing Shadowrun at the time) allowed for the players to be as surreal and silly as they wanted to be. Hence, I played Govan, the Ninja Librarian.

I've also had Game Masters take it so seriously that he treated it like a method acting course. Which made it extremely dull extremely quickly.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

We may have Moved On, but I wanted to comment on the AD&D episodes.

Like the mast majority of you, I really think that the first one was a lot better. Not only because Neil's stakes were higher, but because each player's personality shone through.

Chang showed up in wildly inappropriate makeup and introduced his character in a rap.

Shirley was her passive-aggressive self.

Troy didn't quite 'get' what was going on, and wanted to attack monsters with his Additional Notes.

Britta got distracted by the tragic plight of the gnomes, and wanted the rest of the group to shift their priorities to help them.

Annie channeled her character's unique characteristics, and clinically solved the problem of how to get pegasi with her enormous penis and some really awesome sex.

Jeff at first was detached and sarcastic, but when he got emotionally involved, he became the leader.

Pierce just wanted to gently caress poo poo up in the most chaotically random way possible - and unwittingly became one of the heroes in rescuing Neil. "I rub the sword on my balls."

And Abed held it all together with a mix of vivid imagination, robotic demeanor, and the ability to remain impartial. "You have," *rolls die* "successfully rubbed the sword against your balls."

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

If your a college/university student, I'm sure you're familiar with this site.

Rate My Professors for Greendale Community College: http://www.ratemyprofessors.com/SelectTeacher.jsp?sid=15569

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

I've taken it that Abed no longer has his anchor/mediator/social skills coach/best friend Troy, so he's flailing a bit and possibly acting out. He has been a bit more angry in the last few episodes. He just needs to find some footing again.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

Here's hoping that all the actors find decent employment after this - especially Danny Pudi and Yvette Nicole Brown.

Though I guess that Pudi could go back to Acturial recruiting if nothing pans out.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

Calico Heart posted:

Joel McHale is replacing Craig Fergurson. So you know, if you were still holding out hope for Community, I think this is ganna be eating up most of his time now.

I hope that Joel can get along with Geoff Peterson and Secretariat.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

I hope that every sitcom needs a rail thin Indian guy.

I hope you can find other work, Danny Pudi :ohdear:

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

Spacebump posted:

By the time they get to the movie, Abed will be the only member of the study group left.

Cue an entire season of Abed sitting in a chair, staring into space.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

I'm rewatching the D&D episode, and if the whole season could be him DMing, I'd watch it in a heartbeat.

"Hillary Rodham Kitten, you try to pass crumpets."
*rolls dice*
"You fail."

I have to agree with you here.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

Steve Vader posted:

NBC Store has 25 percent off merchandise in the "Farewell Greendale" sale.

Thanks a lot for this, I picked up a shoulder bag.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'm still disappointed there wasn't never a scene where Britta gave Abed the Voigt-Kampf test.

He'd just twist it around, and end up giving it to her.

"Britta, a tortoise lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun beating its legs trying to turn itself over but it can't, not without your help, but you're not helping. Why is that?"

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

This is rumored to be happening: http://www.hypable.com/2014/07/06/yahoo-planning-community-movie-after-season-6/

#sixseasonsandamovie

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

Spacebump posted:

Chang would love Jerry. Magnitude could be a random citizen at a city council meeting.

Abed would make documentaries about every single public meeting. He also wouldn't have screwed up filming the Time Capsule video. You had one job to do, Jerry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

In It For The Tank posted:

The average Community College student attends school for five to seven years!

And that's one of the beauties of Community College. I go to one, and I squeeze in classes in between short IT contracting stints. I'm going to see if I can take the next year off and just plow through the rest of the classes I want to take, but it still may be scattered around a bit, depending on the school schedule and what jobs I come up with.

Only thing I have to watch out for is my math score; I'm in a STEM program, and if my math scores expire, I'm locked out of the higher level classes.

• Locked thread