Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdiZxl79zU4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
How does that even come up in court? "Oh no, I wasn't trying to kill the guy I stabbed with a fork, not like that time when I actually killed this other dude and am totally getting away with it! Good times..."

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

nm posted:

He told the court that he felt bad about it and also the CIA made him do it, so could the judge please call obama and make them stop. Did I mention he was found incompetent for a while?

Ah, I wasn't sure what 'incompetent' meant in that context. That's a little sad.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

"There's a 10 minute slowdown ahead!". NO poo poo, I'M AT A DEAD STOP ON I-30 ALREADY. :fuckoff:

"Thanks for your contribution to our traffic data!"

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIpWZjlQyIM&t=68s

This particular clip at 1:08 is special. Honking at a guy doing a dangerous overtake and swerving and braking to avoid him, only to have the car behind him pull the same dickhead maneuver and disappear into the distance.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

smax posted:

Another smallish one. I seriously thought I was about to witness a murder when she went for her bag like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufkPYILOX70

I'm really struggling to see what the reason was for going and banging on the car driver's window was. The cyclist felt they stopped too late? The late stop didn't even impede them. I kind of feel like the car had both right of way and the ability to pull fully over the crossing and stop beyond it far enough for any pedestrian traffic to pass them. I've cycled and encountered a late stop many times but stopping my bicycle and half-hearted-vandalising their vehicle was never on my mind, or even necessary. Maybe a light level of 'wanker' motion or a finger or two, but never full on thumping on the window.

It's an odd video when a cyclist rages for no reason like this video shows. I've seen plenty where they're ignored but this one was noticed and given far too much leeway (driver could have easily cleared the crossing and been forward of it for the cyclist passing) and still felt like they should try to punish the car. wtf?

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

Sagebrush posted:

it's like how they have drink driving and maths classes and drugs abuse

bizarre language

Maths is short for mathematics. Did you only learn one mathematic at school? Didn't think so :smug: :britain: I can't explain the other two.

Also it is relatively rare that that kind of thing results in an action, she might know someone in the force.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

Lone Goat posted:

i'm screaming NO at my computer right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raptWPQbkMg

The deflection of the crash beam is very satisfying to look at.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
A lot of modern cars run front lights all the time, but they're not headlights. Modern drivers leave the headlights on auto. This combination leads the driver to believe their lights are in fact on when it's only the front daytime running lights. It's hard to signal to them while driving as usually someone flashing you from behind is telling you to move over so they can pass, mostly you have to hope an oncoming driver flashes at them so they get the idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
Here's the thing, auto stop-start saves emissions and increases your driving range in city driving measurably. The average time you need to be stopped with the engine off to save idling emissions is something like under 6 seconds, you might not think you're stopped for that long very often but you'd be surprised. It's absolutely worth it in 95%+ of the scenarios it activates in.