Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

For me, this vidoe just shows a link to the guy's new channel, AFAIK the video was meant to be this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ0jKAt-Phc

Edit: Oh God, these are all fantastic. The one starting at 1.15 is my favourite.

That jaywalker at 0:40 is like suicidal in a trance not even paying attention to the cars crashing all around her. :stare:

But my favorite from that video is the Lada at 3:10, it comes so close to making a safe landing. . . and then rolls down a cliff. Overall, this video definitely demonstrates that if you do retarded poo poo to try to save three seconds off your drive, you will end up late after your accident.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
I thought people would get all :tinfoil: with snapshot but I haven't seen any bad news about it. I like the idea of the C7's optional dashcam because it is (not yet) being used to gently caress with your insurance, hell GM probably can't even access the data easily. Sure they might pull the data when you go in for repairs, but OBD1 & 2 have been doing that for years. I like this optional feature because it might prove to be invaluable in an accident. And if GM wants to judge my driving habits by how many times I hit the brakes, at least they will see the rear end in a top hat cutting me off when they look.

Not Wolverine fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Feb 13, 2014

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

veedubfreak posted:

I caught a good 3 car pile up this morning, whats the easiest way to deal with the video so you don't see the other 8 minutes of traffic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tsgp72cFlHQ

The worst part about that is the loving white car that just slowly rolls backwards away. . .

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
For the record, I totally woukd have braked 3 seconds earlier, swerved to the right and if all that failed I would have pulled the hand brake to make my car drift around the back of the trailer because I have a license for every vehicle on the road and my skill puts The Stig to shame. :clint:

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

Pivit posted:

I'm still in the "new dashcam this is so cool" phase so I took a recording of my daily commute and speed it up 16x in windows movie maker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26_2RsK0mIE

As you can see, we get some pretty severe gridlock around here.

Seeing that traffic almost makes me want to move there, I didn't know traffic that was even possible. . . traffic be damned, there is no way in hell I could live in the 2nd most religious state

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

wolrah posted:

I actually have the opposite problem, mine was a tight fit to attach to the base and I can't seem to detach it without feeling like I'm going to break something.

edit: Forgot I had a video to post. Here's a trucker taking the "I'm bigger, move" approach to merging off the I-271S express lane

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoN7unRrd7k

Ain't nothing wrong with that video, trucker is just zipper merging to help increase the capacity of the highway. :clint:

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

Beach Bum posted:

Yup. I have to tell people to lawyer up all the time.
I have never had Any issues with claims with USAA but I was raised by a lawyer and I do t think I can trust any other instructors company after the horror stories I was told when I was little.

My favorite was a driver was going down rural highway, it intersected another road where the cross traffic had a stop sign. The cross traffic ran the stop sign and hit the driver on the high, insurance first denied the claim stating the driver on the highway didn't take evasive action by hitting their brakes. Pictures of the skid marks were sent to show the driver had in fact tried to brake, and the insurance company replied that they were at faulf because if they didn't hit their brakes they would have cleared the intersection before the cross traffic ran the stop sign. Bottom line is most claims under a few thousand are not worth enough to hire a lawyer. For a larger claim, the insurance company will try to outspend you until you drop the case because they don't want a blemish on their record for being successfully sued.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

SlapActionJackson posted:

It cannot possibly be worth the time and hassle of small claims for $100. Why not just mail your avdesary a box of dog poop and move on with your life?
Sometimes the feeling of leaving a mark on your adversary's background is more rewarding than committing a mail crime? About 10 years ago, my cousin had his car t-boned by an uninsured driver, he took the driver to court (I believe it was small claims) and got a judgement for like a about a thousand dollars. The other driver didn't pay, eventually they got arrested and went to jail for an unrelated crime, then a few years after they were released they called up out of the blue because they were trying to clean up their life and wanted to settle the debt with my cousin. They only offered a couple hounded, less than half the settlement, but it was better than nothing and got it off the other drivers record.