Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joe Mama
May 10, 2008
Oh wow, the T-bone at 2:20. Also, you'd think Russians would have more sense than this when driving on icy roads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Mama
May 10, 2008

bung posted:

I want to pick up the G1W and I have a question about power. My Tacoma has the backup cam display in the rear view mirror. Has anyone picked up power from this type of mirror for their cam?

I used the wiring on one of these to set up an aftermarket rear view cam on one at work with a service body on it. I believe there's a key-on power, ground, and reverse power going to it. I couldn't tell you off hand what wires they are though.

Joe Mama
May 10, 2008
Welp, I'll soon be joining the dashcam crowd when I receive my 2 new G1W-Cs. I've been using my gopro but I want a more permanent solution for the daily drivers. Bought them from foxoffer with the rearview mirror mounts and 32gb memory cards. We'll see how it goes.

Joe Mama
May 10, 2008
G1W talk:

I've been running my G1W-C off of a hardwired 12v to mini USB power supply hooked to key-on power in the headliner on my truck and my Miata for a couple months now. Zero problems, zero complaints. Camera comes on and records when you turn the car on and stops when you turn the car off. I just leave it in there all week long. The suction cup has been on the Miata's windshield untouched this whole time too. The truck has the rear view mirror stem mount which also works well. I thought, at first, that I'd get annoyed by the LCD screen but it actually comes in handy to aim the camera because the act of removing and reinstalling the camera in the car invariably yanks the mount out of position a bit.