Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

In like YI brand stuff: they get good reviews, the picture quality looks good (plenty of examples on YouTube) a d the android app seems to actually work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

dexter6 posted:

My dash cam refuses to stay stuck to the windshield. Anyone have a recommendation of what kind of adhesive to use? The foamy stickers included have not been working...

Get some genuine 3M branded double sided tape. The thin black stuff. VHB.

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

Vahakyla posted:

I've been happily driving in Italy for past four years and thoroughly enjoyed it. I thought the traffic flowed nicely and people abide by the customs, even if they are a bit different from elsewhere. Now that I returned to the States, I keep having lovely overtakes, people pull in front of me from side alleys and such, and finally yesterday I had two very close calls with a car trying to get in front of me as I am in bright daylight on a 55mph highway. My wife's car is a Focus ST2016, and I'd like to have at least forward facing continuously filming camera, and one of those that records during a hit and run would also be nice. What are the go to's today? Should I install one by myself with zero expertise, or pay a shop to do it? I see a big amount of cameras around 100 dollar mark on Amazon, and they say I can install by myself, but I am not convinced.

I also would love it to be zero effort hands off experience after install, where the next time I worry about is if something happens. I don't want to press buttons or anything before each drive.

Can you do the following tasks:

1) insert a USB plug correctly?
2) attach a sucker to a piece of glass?
3) run a cable around something without strangling yourself?

Then you have the skills to do the install yourself.

All dashcams are hands off - all you need is a USB socket/cigarette lighter that only has power when the key is on.

All brands will do what you want. I have a YI brand cause it is cheap, good quality image and the android app doesn't suck.