Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I'm looking for a dashcam but finding it hard to find one with what I want for around >$100. It's my first so want to keep it reasonably priced. The features I definitely want are WiFi, decent video quality for a dash cam, has a capacitor, and be able to use in extreme temps. It got to 110+ here in the last week. I prefer discrete but it's not a must like the others. Anything for that price point or is it a pipe dream?

If I can't buy one at that price point what is good one with the features I want?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Mainly ease of use if I want to view footage right after something happens and everyone is not watching me grab my dashcam. I'm probably overthinking this since I do that.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

`Nemesis posted:

Things get a lot easier if you drop the wifi requirement.

If I drop it is the recommendation the A119? I was looking at that or the WR1.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

So a third party was selling this cam in used - good condition for a nickel with free shipping. It shipped last night. Is there a scam I am not seeing or did I just have someone mail me some anthrax?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Warthog posted:

Grmbl - last week I drove over San Bernardino and idiots like these: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwyGW27nbuU were around.

If you can't make a turn on your side of the road, take the loving tunnel!

That San Bernardino is way better than the San Bernardino by me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I think the only two choices here is either say gently caress you to the man and GPS your ride with your middle finger in constant view of the dashcam or live in a bubble with a tinfoil hat on so those pesky GPS signals don't invade your thoughts.