Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

The suicide lane *should* be half dashed on either side once its "open" and that can lead to some weird confusion if you try to interpret it with normal lane marking rules.

Here's an example from FL:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

BULLETKISS posted:

Has anyone bought their cam from elsewhere and had Best Buy install it? I'm not mechanically inclined and really don't want to install a dashcam myself, but I don't know where else to take my car.

I'm in Las Vegas and there's some not very user friendly websites that say to order a certain $$$ cam off Amazon and then they install it, but I just want to see demos of different cams, pick a decent one and have it installed. I found a model that looked good, emailed the link to a local place about installing it and they gave me that "Well..I guess so, but it's not as good as this $400 one we recommend".

I figured giving money to someone for a service would be easier than this. /rant.

Edit: A bit late, but if you really don't want to do the work yourself:

Find the shop that's in the working class neighborhood without a website, walk in, and talk to the people there.

For example, these guys in Durham did a bunch of work with my old stack of parts moved into my Civic for $reasonable

toplitzin fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Mar 9, 2020