Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mantle
May 15, 2004

mobby_6kl posted:

a) there's an indicator LED

Sorry but the hardware is designed to have a firmware controllable indicator LED so the NSA can spy on you

http://m.slashdot.org/story/195779

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantle
May 15, 2004

Once you mount the Mobius to your windshield, can you let me know if you start picking up a rattling noise caused by car vibrations? I get that when my Mobius is mounted to my bike handlebars or my car windshield. I'd like to know if it's a design problem with the camera or if it's just a problem with mine.

Mantle
May 15, 2004

The Locator posted:

No, no he isn't.

The law is pretty clear on the fact that if the intersection is not clear and you get the green and slam into someone who was already in the intersection prior to the signal change, it's your fault.

It's not clear who was at fault in the OP's situation.

1) You can't know which legal jurisdiction applies to the OP's situation because you don't know where the incident occurred.

2) You don't actually know who has right of way in the OP situation because you are missing facts on direction of travel, speed of travel, timing of signal change relative to position in the intersection, all of which can affect right of way.

You're just coming to that conclusion because you've filled in the missing facts with assumptions.

Mantle
May 15, 2004

KozmoNaut posted:

Actually, he's 100% correct. You are not allowed to enter an intersection until it is clear, no ifs or buts. The "green light gotta stomp my go pedal" idiot was absolutely at fault.

Green doesn't mean "you have the unobstructed right of way", it means "go, but only if the intersection is clear".

I regularly stop at green lights because traffic prevents me from clearing the intersection before the light changes. It pisses off some people, but I'm not getting stuck in the middle of an intersection just because some impatient douchebag wants me to. Blocking intersections is extremely bad karma.

Motor vehicle liability is a complex area of law with lots of issues that can affect liability. If you think that you can just apply an absolute rule to your situation I encourage you to represent yourself in court against an insurance agency's personal injury lawyer next time you are involved in an accident. You will learn a lot.

Mantle
May 15, 2004

Is there a software out there that can automatically and seamlessly stitch together a bunch of video clips produced in a loop recording mode, editing out the overlapped bits?

Mantle
May 15, 2004

anonumos posted:

VirtualDub?

I am pretty sure VirtualDub can't edit out the overlapped bits automatically. If you know how to make it do that, I'd be pleasantly surprised though?

Here are the instructions to use vdub to do this manually, but since this is a process that would need to be repeated many times it would bet much faster if it could be automated.

http://forums.vso-software.fr/merging-overlapping-avi-files-t11857.html

Mantle fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Apr 17, 2014

Mantle
May 15, 2004

mobby_6kl posted:

Has anyone tried disassembling their dashcam and integrating the insides into their car? I'm considering doing something like that for my miata, as I wouldn't want to either leave it visible somewhere nor putting/removing it every single time I go somewhere.

Here's how Mat at Techmoan did it: http://www.techmoan.com/blog/2014/2/24/using-a-mobius-camera-and-some-accessories-to-make-my-ideal.html

Mantle
May 15, 2004

Coredump posted:

Is there a reason the Mobius camera isn't more of a consideration for dashcams?
http://www.techmoan.com/blog/2013/7/8/the-mobius-camera-the-do-it-all-mount-anywhere-1080p-micro-c.html

Marketing? It's what I use. Best feature is continual firmware updates.

Mantle
May 15, 2004

He uses a Möbius now with the lens extender. The post you linked is out if date.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantle
May 15, 2004