Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opensourcepirate
Aug 1, 2004

Except Wednesdays
I broke my patella (knee cap) yesterday. I was biking to work and went over some black ice while turning right. The bike completely fell away and I landed right on my knee, which fractured into about 5 pieces. I also had my Mobius Actioncam going.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRMxHBepcrw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opensourcepirate
Aug 1, 2004

Except Wednesdays
My knee hurt a bunch obviously, but I wasn't sure how long it was going to keep hurting, so I wasn't sure if I needed an ambulance.

I was rather stoic at the ER too, so they didn't want to give me much for the pain... until the x-rays came back.

Opensourcepirate
Aug 1, 2004

Except Wednesdays
Good news about my knee; the doctor doesn't think I need surgery, so I just need to stay off of it for a super long time.

Opensourcepirate
Aug 1, 2004

Except Wednesdays
The cig lighter in my Jetta is always powered. I haven't had a chance to try too many cars, but it's something I associate with being a "German car thing."

Opensourcepirate
Aug 1, 2004

Except Wednesdays

MrOnBicycle posted:

Also, from what I gathered from a quick google, winter tires aren't mandatory in Russian. That would explain a lot.

Aside from mountain roads with "Chains Required" posted and things like that, are there any places where winter tires are a legal requirement?

Opensourcepirate
Aug 1, 2004

Except Wednesdays
When I'm on my bicycle (which hasn't happened in a month with my broken knee) and there's a car that's worrying me I say their license number out loud. You all can do that pretty quickly if you're recording audio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opensourcepirate
Aug 1, 2004

Except Wednesdays
I've always seen a night and day difference in sticking power based on whether the suction cup is wet or dry - with wet being better. I'll admit that there's now rings of dried spit on the inside of my windshield.