Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Hubert's walkin into battle having just listened to the new MCR song

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

The Shortest Path posted:

Hubert's walkin into battle having just listened to the new MCR song

:same:

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

https://twitter.com/tridentarius/status/1527681658337447936

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Really appreciating Bernie's "just rolled out of bed and gotta be places but cannot bother dealing with my hair today" energy.

Inu
Apr 26, 2002

Jump! Jump!

Edelgard's hairstyle is adorable! Ferdinand and Linhardt look really good too. Ferdinand is a big step up from his post-time skip design, which I never was much of a fan of.

My hot take though: While I like Petra's actual hair, I HATE the hairnet.

I joked before that Annette looks like she joined the battle straight from after doing kitchen duty, but Petra looks like she was in the middle of her shift at the local Brigid Burgers. At least Annette's kerchief thing is cute.

Edit: Until we start getting more gameplay updates, we might as well rename the thread "Hair Emblem".

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

:3:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

:berninator:

cardinale
Jul 11, 2016

"Behold! A token effort" is a fun line. Linhardt looks good

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

cardinale posted:

"Behold! A token effort" is a fun line. Linhardt looks good

He's great.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Hubert pretty hot ngl

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Caspar stuck his finger in a light socket
I love that they couldn't be arsed to properly layer his forehead scar, so it looks like a sticker poorly attached to Caspar's head.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

https://twitter.com/redaster8/status/1527856730423537664?s=21&t=qWqwJFivfN2hOSZOeYJLCg

edit: I have no idea why that picture is “sensitive content” it absolutely isn’t

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

DC Murderverse posted:

https://twitter.com/redaster8/status/1527856730423537664?s=21&t=qWqwJFivfN2hOSZOeYJLCg

edit: I have no idea why that picture is “sensitive content” it absolutely isn’t

based on the username, I assumed they marked their entire account nsfw

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

DC Murderverse posted:

dont play with electricity, kids

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
With this trailer, and some look back at the Blue Lions trailer, we've confirmed that the Bow moveset used by Claude, Ashe, and Bernadetta in the trailers so far is the same moveset, barring EX attacks. Bernadetta's jump attack is the same as Claude's (except that Claude has the green arrows) and the combo string shown off by Claude and Ashe is the same, except that Ashe showed more of it.

Also, Ferdinand was a Holy Knight for a split second.

Folt The Bolt fucked around with this message at 07:16 on May 21, 2022

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
The Holy Knight outfit does work great with his color scheme, so it's understandable that he'd go for it. Bishop Ferdinand is similarly amazing and it's the reason why he chose to go that way in my current weird class playthrough.

(Lysithea is going for Mortal Savant in order to dual-wield Thunderbrand and Thyrsus, Hilda is trying to be as useless as possible and went for Fortress Knight in order to not be deployed and Bernie is trying to become an Assassin so people won't notice her.)

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Honestly they could sell us the pre and post time skip outfits/hairstyles as DLC and I'd buy it.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

MatchaZed posted:

Honestly they could sell us the pre and post time skip outfits/hairstyles as DLC and I'd buy it.
I am pretty much expecting that to happen for the War phase outfits. We've seen glimpses of the Academy phase outfits in the first trailer, so I think those will be in the game from the get-go.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Got a powerful urge to do another Three Houses playthrough but I have an unfinished Golden Deer Maddening run that I don't want to abandon, but also I haven't played in like two years and jumping into an in-progress Maddening run at like chapter 17 seems like a recipe for bouncing right off

Still wishing there was a difficulty between Hard and Maddening. I want something harder than "if you have a half-decent build the game will crumble before you" Hard but it's been so long since I've played that the idea of starting a new Maddening run when I'm this rusty feels overwhelming.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Have you considered being bad at video games so that hard feels like a challenge? cause that's been my angle

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I’ve been playing Project Ember since I haven’t ever played FE6, and man, this poo poo is tough on Hard. It feels like the enemies are too bulky and hit too hard for my paper thin army. My Roy is at least decent! The rest of the army is on the come up

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy

Harrow posted:

Got a powerful urge to do another Three Houses playthrough but I have an unfinished Golden Deer Maddening run that I don't want to abandon, but also I haven't played in like two years and jumping into an in-progress Maddening run at like chapter 17 seems like a recipe for bouncing right off

I have the same situation. I left off at Black Eagles just before the time skip. Rhea's just too dodge and crit-happy. She burns through all my rewinds. I really liked the difficulty up to that point!

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Carlosologist posted:

I’ve been playing Project Ember since I haven’t ever played FE6, and man, this poo poo is tough on Hard. It feels like the enemies are too bulky and hit too hard for my paper thin army. My Roy is at least decent! The rest of the army is on the come up

Tbh that just sounds like the Binding Blade Earlygame Hard Experience, but I was under the impression that Project Ember had more chill in that regard.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Last Celebration posted:

Tbh that just sounds like the Binding Blade Earlygame Hard Experience, but I was under the impression that Project Ember had more chill in that regard.

Unit bases are definitely more palatable and workable than what I’ve seen in vanilla, but I think the hardest part is having no access to the prep screen. It’s Chapter 6 and I still can’t shuffle pieces or bench Wolt!

Project Ember definitely rewards an aggressive strategy as opposed to stalling. Your units aren’t going to be ORKOing early on, so pushing before the initial aggro overwhelms you has been how I’ve won so far. Had to reset a couple of times but I’m definitely having fun with it.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
don't bench wolt

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
bench wolt

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Wolt's got utility in Ember since archers have 3 range. Sure, once you get Dorothy and Sue, he's clearly the odd man out, but if you have him talk to Lilina in the chapter you get her, he gets a special anti-archer bow of his own.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I think I'm in the mood to play Awakening again, maybe with a 'train everyone in the wrong class' gimmick.

I've sometimes wondered just how good archer!Chrom could be if given the chance.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Shez.

Hraathgar
Jan 21, 2016

Harrow posted:

Still wishing there was a difficulty between Hard and Maddening. I want something harder than "if you have a half-decent build the game will crumble before you" Hard but it's been so long since I've played that the idea of starting a new Maddening run when I'm this rusty feels overwhelming.

I was in a similar situation. In the end I abandoned my maddening run after trying it and having bo fun with it. So now I'm doing "train everyone wrong" run on hard. It hits the sweet spot for difficulty for me. Fortress knight Lysithea and Annette as a frontline, while wizard Raphael backline supports is pretty fun (I occasionally have him take a swing with an axe and it's really funny when he is wearing bishop robes). The mimimun stat bonuses keep your dudes bare minimun effective, and you get some suprises (fortress knight Lysithea is suprisingly viable due to her speed and dex), but it's hard to get to that crushing mode you get when you optimize on hard.

It a shame you get the church folk a bit too late to really gently caress up their training. I'm trying my best though.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/1530188078425456645?s=21&t=4-LQN1jECOvfYKqD_9DJDg

Hilda has taught everyone the importance of accessorizing

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I'm impressed. Even Ignatz looks good this time out. And Raphael's durag is awesome.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 15:56 on May 27, 2022

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Marianne fuckin SLAYING IT

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Marianne with her hair down is very powerful. Also she can sic Dorte on enemies.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Cattail Prophet posted:

Marianne with her hair down is very powerful. Also she can sic Dorte on enemies.

https://twitter.com/thekimersonshow/status/1530192685893660675?s=21&t=4-LQN1jECOvfYKqD_9DJDg

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Cattail Prophet posted:

Yeah. It's likely her Musou attack, which is awesome. Also, confirmed prf class is Priest > Bishop class line as expected, since Ferdinand is our Holy Knight.

Lorenz appears to be our Dark Knight showcase as expected.

Lysithea appears to be using a variant on the Dark Mage class for her moveset, using multiple elements in her attacks compared to Hubert. I have a feeling that this means the moveset she's using is the Gremory class moveset.

And of course, Raphael is our Brawler > Grappler.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Folt The Bolt posted:

And of course, Raphael is our Brawler > Grappler.

And he looks like he just got off the set of a '70s martial arts/blaxploitation film.

Very hyped for this emblem of fire.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Well, let me tell you something. I made that organization a monster. I made people rich up there. I made the people that ran that organization rich up there, brother.

And when it all came to pass, the name Raph Kirsten, the man Raph Kirsten, got bigger than the whole organization, brother.

And then, Billionaire Ed, amigo; she wanted to talk turkey with Raph Kirsten. Well, Billionaire Ed promised me operas, brother. Billionaire Ed promised me millions of gold. And Billionaire Ed promised me world-caliber battles. And as far as Billionaire Ed goes, Hubert von Vestra, and the whole Adrestian Empire goes, I'm bored brother.

That's why these two guys here, the so-called Leicesters, these are the men I want as my friends. They are the new blood of professional sellswording, brother. And not only are we going to take over the whole sellswording business with Raph Kirsten and the new blood, the monsters with me, we will destroy everything in our path, Mean Marianne.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Lysithea's face in the 3d model looks... different, but I'm not sure why. Maybe older than post timeskip lys?

EDIT: I think it's the hime haircut that makes her look older.

lunar detritus fucked around with this message at 16:30 on May 27, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Looking good all around. Even Lorenz and Ignatz!