Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

monkey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

:hmmyes:

Oberndorf
Oct 20, 2010

The Agarthians in Hopes seem to suggest that all humans are the spawn of Sothis, as if the entire human race is a set of constructs like Jeralt’s late wife. Don’t know what they were before the war, but incidental lines from them during conflict suggests that even the ones we meet are walking around in other people’s bodies. I’m not entirely sure, based on the myth suggestions from Almyra and Dagda, how true this is, but Hopes almost gives the vibes that TWSITD were non humans and their entire ecological niche was taken by humans created by Sothis after some ancient hyper war destroyed all life on the planet. Which is actually kind of neat, and really makes me want to see what the Slitherins were like back then.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I'd like to say they might cover some of this in the inevitable dlc but houses also had many unanswered agarthan questions that they didn't do poo poo with, so

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Oberndorf posted:

The Agarthians in Hopes seem to suggest that all humans are the spawn of Sothis, as if the entire human race is a set of constructs like Jeralt’s late wife. Don’t know what they were before the war, but incidental lines from them during conflict suggests that even the ones we meet are walking around in other people’s bodies. I’m not entirely sure, based on the myth suggestions from Almyra and Dagda, how true this is, but Hopes almost gives the vibes that TWSITD were non humans and their entire ecological niche was taken by humans created by Sothis after some ancient hyper war destroyed all life on the planet. Which is actually kind of neat, and really makes me want to see what the Slitherins were like back then.

Eh, they also have lines about being the true humans. I think the implications are meant to be that the humans remaining on the surface intermingled with Sothis' nabateans and now the Agarthans have decided they're unclean and need to be purged.

But yeah there's pretty explicit implications that the war with the Agarthans split apart the planet and it took everything Sothis had to put it back together. So maybe she did in fact recreate humanity when doing it, snd that's why they're fakes and beasts.

Edit: I've said it before, but since making a sequel to 3 houses is impossible without alienating someone (or going forward in time so far that it loses all ties to being the same setting), if they wanted to revisit fodlan a great way to do so would be prequels. We have so many good prequel events to follow.

Sothis crashing to Fodlan and undoing the Agarthans could be an awesome prequel fire emblem story.

Nemesis vs the Nabateans could be an awesome prequel story from either side (or both since single routes in a fire emblem? Impossible).

The war between King Loog and the imperial crown could be a banger way to get more lore too, since he was aided by a mysterious dark strategist who helped him succeed, before disappearing entirely (obviously an agarthan).

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Aug 4, 2022

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

KittyEmpress posted:

Eh, they also have lines about being the true humans. I think the implications are meant to be that the humans remaining on the surface intermingled with Sothis' nabateans and now the Agarthans have decided they're unclean and need to be purged.

But yeah there's pretty explicit implications that the war with the Agarthans split apart the planet and it took everything Sothis had to put it back together. So maybe she did in fact recreate humanity when doing it, snd that's why they're fakes and beasts.

Edit: I've said it before, but since making a sequel to 3 houses is impossible without alienating someone (or going forward in time so far that it loses all ties to being the same setting), if they wanted to revisit fodlan a great way to do so would be prequels. We have so many good prequel events to follow.

Sothis crashing to Fodlan and undoing the Agarthans could be an awesome prequel fire emblem story.

Nemesis vs the Nabateans could be an awesome prequel story from either side (or both since single routes in a fire emblem? Impossible).

The war between King Loog and the imperial crown could be a banger way to get more lore too, since he was aided by a mysterious dark strategist who helped him succeed, before disappearing entirely (obviously an agarthan).

I think that the Argathans are the ones who modified themselves. They all show abilities that aren’t just basic dark magic like shapeshifting. They could see themselves as "true" humans because they advanced on their own. Unlike the surface population who they see as basically livestock of the dragons after all these years of Sothis’ kind guiding their entire society. It would suit their egos.

From most indications, Sothis herself was entirely benevolent, albeit arrogant enough to not realize she couldn’t just use her power to fix all problems. Unfortunately, her kids could suffer the traditional dragon degeneration that plagues the entire franchise. Rhea herself is a high-functioning case, though she only goes completely nuts in Crimson Flower or Silver Snow. So I have no doubt that there probably were other incidents in the past before the Red Canyon that helped get enough support for Nemesis.

Geostomp fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Aug 4, 2022

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

did the agarthans use their mega nukes in the first space alien dragon war or is that just speculation?

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Booky posted:

did the agarthans use their mega nukes in the first space alien dragon war or is that just speculation?

Yes we know they basically ruined the surface and it took most of Sothis's strength to just make the planet livable.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
gotta be honest i didn't know sothis was an alien until today

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Booky posted:

The valley of torment is a lava filled hell because it got nuked into oblivion.

Or was that from the second war?

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

man... i wanna play the fe3h prequel that has a blasted wasteland fodlan from nukes like smt or fotns or w/e

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I think i'm good with Fodlan.

It's time for the leaked Gust Fire Emblem.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

You know what, the world is ready. Give us Nintendo Emblem Wars

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

FoolyCharged posted:

You know what, the world is ready. Give us Nintendo Emblem Wars

Supports in advance wars is something ive been waiting 20 years for

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Was thinking about how in Tellius, a while after the goddess created all the dumb squirrels and flowers and such, sentient life just kind of emerged on it’s own out of the aforementioned squirrels and such. Then thought about how the Agarthan book in the DLC talks about how Sothis destroyed mankind, but brought “salvation” to the “Fishes, Birds, and beasts”. And I’m wondering if there’s a repeating concept here. Like when Sothis used her power to heal the world, a new batch of humans sprung up from the wildlife to replace the dead ones.

TLDR: Flayn likes fish because she hungers for the flesh of man.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Looper posted:

gotta be honest i didn't know sothis was an alien until today

Well, she’s not exactly an alien, but she definitely isn’t from Fodland. All anyone knows is that she “came from the stars” millennia ago and made the Nabatean race asexually. Not even her Nabatean children/descendants know where she originated.

I’m pretty sure she was confirmed at one point to be a Divine Dragon by some of the developers. A particularly powerful one, but not say, Naga level.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

technically coming from outer space makes you an alien in a literal sense

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

where are all these divine dragons even coming from anyways

whos making em

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Booky posted:

where are all these divine dragons even coming from anyways

whos making em

space

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

like all things in fire emblem, we can blame naga

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I think i'm good with Fodlan.

This is my mood, too. I'm eager to see what the next real Fire Emblem will be, and hope it will be even gayer than 3H. And also not tie female main characters to the routes I see as evil.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i hope they make the female characters even more evil

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Clearly they need to make the next game's main female protag the dark magic-wielding high priestess of the local dragonsatan.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
i just want fire emblem engage to be real

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Endorph posted:

This would be sick

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Endorph posted:

As long as you can side with her.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Sirius actually. The game makes tons of allusions to the Star. One of the “Jeralt teaches the months” segments talks about it. A song about her on the soundtrack is “Gazing at Sirius”. Half of the characters and locations (The ones tied to her) are various cultures names for Sirius. Adrestia, Nemesis, Seteth, Fell Star, Seiros, and the name Sothis itself. all terms for the star Sirius. Maybe even the wolves are a reference since Sirius is the “Dog Star”, but that one’s a little tenuous.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
she has a unique skill called sirius in heroes

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Shiny777 posted:

Clearly they need to make the next game's main female protag the dark magic-wielding high priestess of the local dragonsatan.

So Awakening.

cheetah7071 posted:

she has a unique skill called sirius in heroes

“When Sirius sends its goddesses, they’re not sending their best. […] They’re sending goddesses that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing crests. They’re bringing relics. They’re dragons. And some, I assume, are good people”

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

so the solution here is to destroy space and/or naga...... :hmmyes:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
dragons are friends imo

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Dragons, like elves, must be destroyed.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

galagazombie posted:

Sirius actually. The game makes tons of allusions to the Star. One of the “Jeralt teaches the months” segments talks about it. A song about her on the soundtrack is “Gazing at Sirius”. Half of the characters and locations (The ones tied to her) are various cultures names for Sirius. Adrestia, Nemesis, Seteth, Fell Star, Seiros, and the name Sothis itself. all terms for the star Sirius. Maybe even the wolves are a reference since Sirius is the “Dog Star”, but that one’s a little tenuous.

Ah, so her real name is probably Camus.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
elves are also friends

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Sothis is from the same planet as Lum.

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom

Shiny777 posted:

on this note, FE4 remake when

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Only very tangentially related to fire emblem but this post reminded me of this wonderful cinematographic masterpiece:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqhi4WoNOiw

I can only imagine Edelgard going "I'm escaping to the one place that hasn't been corrupted by Crests! SPEHS!" as she launches a magitech spaceship

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
I want the female characters to be evil unless you marry them at which point you turn them good through raw sexual energy.

I also want the male characters to be evil unless you marry them at which point you turn them good through raw sexual energy.

I also want the non-binary characters to be evil unless you marry them at which point you turn them good through raw sexual energy.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i want to make them worse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

'make them better' and 'make them worse' route splits

time for the next fe to have one billion ending variations