Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

In Three Houses, does the weapon a class is "supposed" to use matter other than for the exam? Seems like everyone can use everything based on personal skills.

Also, is there a place on the character panel to check how close they are to mastering a class?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Okay, yup. Goals --> ZR to Classes --> select a character and look at the classes they've unlocked. Can see both unit xp and that class's skill experience bonuses, answering both my questions.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Also, when I was trying to find the info on class mastery I came across this gem on a random forum:

"The early classes don't get anything useful anyway so don't bother."

The four basic classes get swap (change with enemy), shove (push ally a space), reposition (flip ally to other side of you) and draw back (pull an ally a space). Sure those moves aren't killing anybody directly and aren't needed most of the time, but as soon as you get jammed up having them in your toolkit is HUGE.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

In three houses when people talk about siding with the Church do they mean going team Edelgard but not joining her, any route that doesn't join Edelgard, or is there a fifth route to be aware of? I know of the big split but haven't finished my first playthrough yet.

Edit: ctrl-p not ctrl-q... the one time I don't self-consciously preview before hitting post...

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Thanks. I figured that but wasn't sure.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Do we know anything about Three Hopes's structure beyond what the demo shows? It seems to be setting up for a FE-style "you go along the story quest line and can't go back to S-rank old things or pick different groups to ally with" and I can't tell if there's going to be some gimmick that opens it up into a Warriors-style "go anywhere and do anything in your quest to just relax and make Numbers Go Up" like Hyrule, Calamity, and the Dynasty Warriors series do.

If it is wanting three playthroughs, I'm definitely glad the split's right at the beginning instead of needing to do half the game over again with different students.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

That's why I was curious if we had any definite info. I assume if we did someone would've jumped in by now.

Oh well, we'll find out in a few days. Demo's gotten me thinking about it so it did its job.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Revealed just after where the demo ends in Three Hopes: you do in fact unlock a record keeper to play stages from old chapters. The "can't go back" warnings in the demo were in regards to plot; you can't get strategic rewards or undo deaths. S-rank rewards are open though. Also the RK has a header of the storyline you're on, which I assume means there's some New Game+ system for doing all three on the same save.

That's what I was hoping for from the Warriors side of this game, so I'm happy.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

BlazetheInferno posted:

You know, while I'm nowhere near as bad as him, I kinda understand his situation.

Ever since high school, I have referred to myself as "The Accidental Ninja" due to my talent for accidentally sneaking up on people, whether it be at home, at work, or otherwise. The reason I say "since high school" is because that was when I made my crowning achievement in this regard: after having been sitting with my friends at lunch for 10 minutes, one of them finally looks at me and goes, "When the gently caress did you get here?"

I've done similar. Partially it's neuroses about getting in people's way so I'm actively trying to not intrude, but I've also picked up some hiding tricks from my cat for fitting into odd places or just being overlooked. My personal best was a game of hide and seek in high school where they eventually gave up, I rolled out from under a bush right next to a friend and he screamed so loud a neighbor woke up and checked if we were okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Walla posted:

The only one worth waiting for is the Straightest Woman in Fodlan because of Pegasus Knight enemy bonuses. The rest get ASAP.

Can you explain that not in code?