Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Volt Catfish posted:

Well. I tried this but Lyn got randomized into a Nomad and the first enemy freezes the game. Welp.

You might have to try it on Lyn hard mode so the tutorial isn't forcing you into moves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Endorph posted:

Think I'll need help solving this, though. :v:

One of the commands is 'nhl' or 'no healer lords.'

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Endorph posted:

I don't think anyone wants Sumia to marry a gargoyle.

A gargoyle, no. But those revenants are so dreamy!

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

alcharagia posted:

I might be biased from my first playthrough where Gatrie loving obliterated the first few maps and remained a really good unit for a while, also Radiant Dawn.

And I'm anti-biased because Gatrie got doubled by a siege tome and killed from full health in one of my runs.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Brother Entropy posted:

Isn't Gatrie gone for a decent chunk of the game? It's been years since I played PoR but I remember the debates between the two way back when having Brom actually around as a pretty solid point in his favor.

Also yeah, use Tomrod because 7 movement rules.

Gatrie rejoins 2 chapters after Brom joins. It's not that much of a difference.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I always watch the animations. I think they look cool.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

The Shortest Path posted:

Boyd is pretty alright... for a non-mounted axe unit. And those are across the board pretty terrible in Fire Emblem games, with the only exception being Ross. Their stats (and weapon accuracy) are just too mediocre for what their role is, unfortunately.

Hey, Nolan's pretty good!

Granted, that may be because everyone else in the Dawn Brigade is worse, but he still carried me through the early game of RD.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Onmi posted:

This also leads to Ike asking Oliver if he will please join the enemy again.

EDIT: Also I know I've broguht it up, but RD at one point DID have proper supports planned for it http://old.serenesforest.net/fe10/supportcut.html

Upsets me they never came to fruition.

Huh. On one hand, I've always wanted to write actual supports for RD, and that list allows me to skip the 'which characters should support?' phase. On the other hand that list is HUGE. Even if I only write unique A supports (and that's boring) that's 334ish support convos.

...Maybe eventually.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Onmi posted:

Eh, they did in 9, they dropped it in 10. A lot of things were dropped in 10. Like actual proper supports.

I just thought that Elincia had a bit of a crush on the guy who saved her and her country, and then as she grew and didn't see him for a while, got over it.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Rough Lobster posted:

So has anyone actually beaten Awakenings lunatic plus? I'm slogging through lunatic and Jesus christ. I ended up deleting my save for classic mode because half my crew was dead by mission three. Playing casual mode for now and its ridiculously tough even with the ability to sacrifice dudes every mission. Im gonna stick it through to unlock plus mode and maybe maybe do a classic run because I am stupid.

Lunatic + is IS not understanding how to make a hard tactics game and just going for ludicrous stats/abilities that you cannot obtain on everything.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Manatee Cannon posted:

Are there even any thieves in FE10? Sothe is a Rogue and Volke is an Assassin from what I know about that game. Though let's be honest now, thieves having swords wouldn't make much difference in how combat viable they are.

Assassins have Lethality and Rogues are bad at combat period.

My favorite part of FE10 is how A) they make Sothe's promotion plot locked, but Heather can promote normally and B) the rogue's super special awesome attack is literally a less useful lethality. I mean, reducing an opponent to one HP is great, but straight out killing them is better.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I want reclassing to stay. Specifically, I want the ability to reclass everyone into war clerics.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

See, the thing about Fire Emblem is that unless your favorite character is Fiona, you can use basically whoever you like and it'll still work out. Nowadays, at least. So Gregor's mediocrity as a unit is irrelevant to his status as best character.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Eddain posted:

Fiona was Earth element and her growths were pretty good. It was mostly her base stats that held her back.

That, and the fact that the first time you can use her, it's in a map with a lot of ledges (she's also really far behind). She's not bad if you raise her, yeah, but getting her past the 'I do two points of damage' phase is annoying.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Let's stop the arguments about morality, and start arguing about whether Micaiah is a Mary Sue or not.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

W.T. Fits posted:

I thought I remembered reading somewhere that on higher difficulties (Lunatic, Lunatic+), Lucina dying was a game over, same as if Chrom or Robin died. Though that may have been a mission specific thing, I dunno.

It's only Robin and Chrom. Lucina gets the same crippling injury all plot important non-lords and every gen1 female gets.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Looper posted:

This would look a hell of a lot smoother if she didn't literally stop in midair

Yeah, it looks really weird. Either slow it down (like gravity slowly taking control again) or speed it up.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Endorph posted:

it looks like there's a female axe user of some description in IF

since she has a pelt on her head (like FE9 berserkers and awakening brigands/berserkers) she's probably a brigand

Really? I thought they had confirmed she was a wyvern knight.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

:suicide:

At least I have two lords.

Also, Marcus seems to have forgotten the point of this.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Is it the fault of the randomizer or just how the game is coded that basically no one has any luck and about half my team has no skill? I had to burn two secret books to get Guy (who is now more specialized Oswin, to match Oswin being more specialized Guy) up to a decent hit rate against anything.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Infinite use devil axes. Devil swords, devil lances, devil bows, devil tomes.

Make it happen IntSys.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

ungulateman posted:

im going to marry aqua and pretend fire emblem is romeo and juliet

You don't need to pretend anything, Fire Emblem is already Romeo and Juliet.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

The Bee posted:

It could be a mistranslation of fighters having high HP, but I hope not. Having the classes slightly differ instead of being straight variants would be great.

Also, the interview mentioned something like arenas being present, but instead of EXP fighting for a "different component." Any thoughts on what that means?

Maybe you no longer gain EXP from arena fights, just the money?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Nohr has worse healing staves, so they have a chance of missing.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

My only complaint about the character designs is that female Kamui's exposed thighs exists entirely for sex appeal. It really doesn't match the rest of the outfit at all.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

alcharagia posted:

I mean yes this is true, but I know what classes most of these people are. Dorcas is a Fighter, Sain and Kent are Cavs, Wallace is a General, Florina is a Peg Knight, Pent's a Sage, Louise is... whatever a promoted Troub is, Priscilla is a Troub, Erk is a Mage, most of everyone I know but for some reason, even though I know I knew Bartre was a Fighter, my brain kept telling me "yeah, Bartre's a Pirate"

For the record, Wallace is a knight that the tutorial forces you to promote (meaning he's possibly not a general in your second playthrough plus) and Louise is a Sniper. Klein takes after her, Clarine takes after Pent.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

alcharagia posted:

you know what, maybe i should just turn in my fire emblem badge and gun, my mis-knowledge of the seventh entry in the series is bringing shame to my family

You can still save yourself if you give us the pairings in Awakening that would give you the most children with galeforce.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Endorph posted:

if clarine took after pent she'd join you in chapter 22 as a pre-promoted valk with ridiculous bases

I was referring to her magical talent, but I suppose that is more accurate.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

alcharagia posted:

Cynthia can't not have access to it, and Yarne can't have access to it. Chrom/Sumia would give Lucina access to it, and a given Male MC could marry Sully and Kjelle and Morgan would get it. Severa also innately has access to it. Maribelle can promote into a Dark Flier, so Brady can have it.

So, Chrom/Sumia, Avatar/Sully, Cordelia/whoever, Maribelle/whoever. That's six. Yarne's out.

Larry can't have it because his mom can't get Galeforce and he's a dude. He's out too. This leaves Nah, Noire, Inigo, Gerome, and Owain. Owain and Inigo can have it innately. That's eight. Ten counting the outs. Nah, Noire, and Gerome remain. Cherche can't become a Peg Knight; Gerome's out. Nah and Noire's moms don't have Peg Knight, so they can't get it from there, but having Fighter in the class set passes down Peg Knight to a female kid... sans Vaike for some reason. Donny can become a fighter, and so can... not the Lonkadonk... Gaius! Gaius can Fighter!

Chrom/Sumia, Avatar/Sully, Donny and Gaius with Tharja and Nowi. Wow this took way more effort to think up than I thought it would.

Wow, you actually did it. Good job I guess.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

How does the randomizer work in regards to lords? If Eliwood is a Troubadour, does a guiding ring work, or do you have to wait til his normal plot promotion? Are you expected to use heaven seals on every lord character you get?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Fire Emblem is getting to be more and more like a dating sim every game.

...Is it wrong that I do not see this as a problem?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

BlazeEmblem posted:

According to the FE wiki, no character has my name. It's kind of odd, as it isn't exactly a rare or uncommon name.

Or maybe not being rare or uncommon is why it hasn't been picked yet.

I just checked, and it wasn't even in the Last Promise! It's not that rare!

I am in this boat too. Incredibly common name that's not in anything.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Our resident dragon appears to be an adult, or at least an older teenager. We will probably not have to deal with children. Just younger teens, because imoutos.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I get most of my streetpasses at conventions, where roughly half of the people there have a 3ds.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

If they're going to put in random awakening characters, I am glad they decided to put in Owain and Inigo.

Now, all they need is Cynthia and we're cool.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Honestly, I react to Nohr in the same way I react to Squirrel and Hedgehog. 'If you're trying to insult me, it's not working.'

I mean, we get Harold. HAROLD.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Why Cain? Is he really popular in Japan? Is it just Marth Game Nostalgia? I can think of a couple more interesting characters for the Designated Best Friend's mirage.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Endorph posted:

hint: the protagonist is marth

Yeah, but his persona is supposed to be Chrom.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Is Corrin the default name for the Fates avatar? Because that does not seem gender neutral at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Hai!