Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Internet Kraken posted:

I must be the only person that always had Lyn turn out great and literally never had a good Hector. I don't know how Hector managed to suck in all of my attempted runs but he found a way.

Its quite possible. I mean, look at Artix's HHM Hector.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
An Ax mage?! Yes please. :allears:

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Opens doors? What the hell is this guy tal...

:stare:

:golfclap: Wow, that's amazing.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
A quick jump to Serenes confirms that:

Nmd Trooper (F)
hp 21
st 6
sk 6
sp 7
df 5
rs 4
cn 6
mv 8

Monk
hp 18
mg 1
sk 1
sp 2
df 1
re 5
cn 6
mv 5

E: Grabed the wrong numbers

BrightWing fucked around with this message at 22:18 on May 29, 2014

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
As a side note too, you can't transfer over easy difficulty saves due to a bug. Just fyi.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
All this talk about FE6 from Omni is making me want to play it.

Someone talk me out of it.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Onmi posted:

Oh goodness of course. along with all other kinds of fun toys like Wind swords.

Also here's the patch, standardized movement for knights and early roy promtoion, it should work with the new translation. https://www.dropbox.com/s/kl183zuhfpyyr0w/Armor%20Knight%20and%20Early%20Roy%20Promotion.ups?dl=0

Ok, either im loving something up, or soemthing else is going on. Im trying to patch this onto a rom but it keeps complaining about how the patch doesn't match the file. Help?

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Onmi posted:

okay let me try on my end.

It... worked but for some reason Bors has a steel sword also the dialog isn't loading okay I'm going to go make a new patch for the new translation right now.

EDIT: I need everyone to know how hard it was to resist adding in Rogues.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1zq9uqh8nrzxexf/Early%20Roy%20Promotion%20and%20Knight%20Movement%20patch.ups?dl=0

Just tried and it didn't crash during the opening cutscene or during the tutorial this time, thanks!

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
The three good Dawn Brigade'ers are Micaiah (more because you're forced to take her, less because shes actually good, so you might as well) Nolan and Edward :colbert:

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Nakar posted:

I march down there and fight Ike with Meg. And Meg wins. :colbert:

(Ike is asleep though)

The real loser is you for using Meg.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
I thought someone lp'd Mathew's nightmare already.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Manatee Cannon posted:

Ah, yes, popular Fire Emblem character Draug.

who

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Tired Moritz posted:

I like... EVERY AWAKENING CHARACTER

Even Ricken?

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

mabels big day posted:

No Ike, no buy.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
I always liked the idea of a system where if a growth doesn't proc, it gets boosted each level till it does proc. Some kind of scaling system so higher growths get bigger boosts and lower one's are still low, to keep strengths and weaknesses in line somewhat.

In practice I know that it'd ruin the random nature of the whole thing cause half the fun is seeing how your team turns out, who turns into a God (Marcia) and who limps along out of spite (Hector).

BrightWing fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Sep 29, 2017

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
I never knew that about 11 and 12! But I also refuse to touch them!

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Fe warriors is good yeah? Is the 3DS version good? Or does it really need to be on the switch?

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

chiasaur11 posted:

100 pushups, 100 situps, 100 squats, and a 10 KM run.

Sadly, he skipped breakfast sometimes.

That execution was held really early in the morning

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
That Guin crit owns.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Only major one off the top of my head is to promote immediately, there's no bonus for waiting now.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Meg sucks but isn't her lopsided stats make her relatively easy to bexp abuse iirc?

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
The real gimmick run is to not play fates.

Random idea: guys only Alm side, girls only Celica side. Would be rough for Celica at least.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Aether but they fire the crossbow while upside down in midair.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Omni I don't have much to add to the development myself but I'm super jazzed to play that hack when it comes it and it looks great.

Question, did y'all touch up Roy's head sprite? It feels diffrent.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Jokes on you, I already maxed my constitution.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
I like the delay before his cape flops down, right before the much better jump back.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

i was mainly relating the translation of fates to the translation of the tellius games; those gave us some classic lines like "ike, father of sothe's children" and "gwarh, shoulda brought more priests, or some babies"

Yar har ho! Me belly is as empty as me first mates head!

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Disgaea, for certain readings of "strategy" games.

Really though personally I just want another AW game.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Maybe as an example consider this: every unit you don't pair up is an extra attack you get to make, which can help keep the fight in your favor.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
I think it's ok to pick a couple of Dawn Brigade members and bonus them up. If you feed a bunch they can easily keep up. There's just not enough to use them all.

Also I have a soft spot for the time my Edward went +5 defense and destroyed everything. That was fun. Nolan is also pretty good.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Wow those are good

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
I should get over the old school jank and play fe6.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Im super bad at FE and FE9 early game kinda kicked my teeth in constantly. It wasn't until the second boat chapter i felt i let up and even then.

Like, ch...12? I want to say? The one the BK shows up in at the port, that one took me forever to nail properly and not lose anyone and I still was forced to kill the mercenaries by Zihark to do it. Getting split three ways that early want something i felt equipped to handle.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Onmi posted:

Today I bring you all the final update of the year for MoD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKT-1OXbrZk

This all looks really clean and good. I like the idea of getting little odds and ends like basic weapons from supports.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Yeah, and everything worked out just great for them.

:smith:

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

You telling me that you never ran into any street pass teams where every enemy unit had Lethality and/or Aether and forged Brave Lances named Bronze Lance or poo poo like that when you played Awakening

The people living near you are very mean.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Onmi posted:

I'm bad at non-name puns. I got a whole bunch of pent up aggression and it really erks me how when I get stuck on a line, and I felt the need for a line here because the initial line just felt too short.

Im on board with your read of Lilina's character. Shes the usual kind compassionate yadda yadda but girl has some fire in her when the chips are down. Mage of Justice is a bit silly but...I can't think of anything better so I can't really argue. Maybe Fire of Justice? Bringer of Flame? Wrecker of your poo poo?

Thinking about it, Roy is similar: Polite, caring, but not afraid to throw down.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Looper posted:

Daughter of Hector is probably the most badass thing anyone can say but it doesn't flow very well

This, it's this.

Still excited for MoD.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

rannum posted:

I like the english version a lot, twitter upload quality aside :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.