Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CowboyAndy
Aug 7, 2012
Love the topic title. Might like "the eight-year old's daughter is a much safer option." as second choice, if it wasn't so long.

Okay, so I've played PoR, RD, and finished up Awakening. I just started my first lunatic run for FE:A. Um.... how do I NOT die? Like, without the whole 'water fall' exploit. But I'm fully comfortable with going 'Frederick Emblem' on this bitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CowboyAndy
Aug 7, 2012

Iceclaw posted:

Go Frederick Emblem. And then Robin and Chrom Pair Up Emblem. Lunatic is sadly not very funny if you want to deviate from that.

Huh. I think I'll stick with 'Play Hardcore and Have Fun' Emblem. :)

CowboyAndy
Aug 7, 2012
Yeah, it's a little tough to understand. And this me coming back to the 3ds after hearing they made a 'New 3ds' and 'New 3ds XL', which really confuses me.

CowboyAndy
Aug 7, 2012

Silver Falcon posted:

Underdog is not worth suffering through another 5 levels of Villager to get. Reclass ASAP and get the hell out of Villager town!

Agreed. It's tough enough to get him to level 10 without dying. But after that, Donney can be a powerhouse.

CowboyAndy
Aug 7, 2012

DoctorStrangelove posted:

After seeing the dude from game-explain try to defend a chokepoint with a staff user, did any reviewer make it past the first few chapters of RD at all?

Is this why a lot of Fire Emblem reviews mention how hard the games are?

CowboyAndy
Aug 7, 2012

Tae posted:

I assume some of these same reviewers played and beat XCom, I don't know how it doesn't translate

Guy in armor with big sword = strong
your small real sister = weak

CowboyAndy
Aug 7, 2012

Raxivace posted:

Personally I'm staying with Nohr and slaying all of you Hoshido savages.

Suuuure, the Hoshido are the savages. Whatever you say, Nohrian. :rolleyes:

CowboyAndy
Aug 7, 2012

Endorph posted:

laguz units aren't really usable in either game tbh

except if they're royals who can ignore the dumb transformation mechanic

laguz are probalby better in FE9 because at least the demi band exists so you can use A laguz

I really disliked the laguz units. They would get so little exp from fighting. I usually benched them.

But yeah the Laguz Royals rocked for endgame.

CowboyAndy
Aug 7, 2012

Endorph posted:

also, flannel's name is Keaton, because, uh, gently caress fabric i guess

-- is this a loving legend of zelda reference

Darn. I really liked the name Flannel.

Any word on his daughter's new name?

CowboyAndy
Aug 7, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Benoit's character is that he looks all big and scary but is actually a pretty nice dude, right? So I think Benny works in that it's a very unintimidating name that seems unfitting considering his appearance much like how his personality is contrary to his appearance as well.

He also looks a lot like Chris Benoit, so it's good to change his name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CowboyAndy
Aug 7, 2012

AlphaKretin posted:

M!Robin is a worrywart dork but that's OK because I'm a worrywart dork so it turned out well.

Same.

Also, worrywart may not be a great characteristic, but at least it is some characteristic to have. Corrin in comparison seems very bland, despite being the main character. For the Birthright campaign, it really felt like he takes a backseat to Ryouma and in Conquest takes a backseat to Azura.