Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Chrom and Camilla are paired up together in Heroes' opening movie, so I'd say that shipping chart checks out. Apparently Lucina's cheating on one of Roy or Xander though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

So was CamusZeke not wearing a mask in Gaiden either or have they just finally given up on pretending it's not him?

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

cheetah7071 posted:

Camilla
Any female dark knight
Female Corrin

There's probably some good man butts too but I don't remember them

How shameful that you would forget Basilio's big brown Feroxi arse.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

You never get access to Helswath in Genealogy though

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

ROFL Octopus posted:

They should just go all in on their lovely roster decisions and let you play as a tag-team of Dolph and Macellan or whatever.

That would unironically own, actually.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Re: roster chat, you know who would offer something really unique mechanically and also serve as that out of left field character that no one expects? Xane. I'm not sure how exactly they would implement his gimmick, but it has the potential to be really cool, and while he's mostly just this weird one off character in Shadow Dragon, he actually has some plot relevance in New Mystery.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Julia is cool because she has a character arc told almost entirely through a gameplay mechanic. Gameplay/story integration is one of the areas where fe4 really excels.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Endorph posted:

ashnard is literally riding an evil dragon and wearing a medallion with the power of a dark god, i get your point (the final boss is still a person who you have actually been introduced to) but

Rajaion wasn't evil, just hopped up on berserk drugs. :colbert:

He was probably kind of a selfish rear end in a top hat, though, since basically all the named Goldoans are in their own way. (yes even Kurth (okay maybe not Gareth))

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Kurth wasn't really an rear end in a top hat. Ena neither even if she was helping the bad dudes.

PoR Kurth is a nice boy, I'll admit. RD Kurth escalated hostilities by involving himself in the war because his sister, known maker of bad decisions, asked nicely.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Hmm nah

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

cheetah7071 posted:

would have been a better choice than most of the cast

I'm very glad that someone followed through on my extremely easy setup.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Endorph posted:

its all the female characters in the series that can use axes in their default class chain

edit: wait i forgot wendy

At first glance I thought maybe they were all headcanon lesbians.

I'm still not entirely sure I'm wrong.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

If I had to guess, I'd say they're not playable in the story; instead you unlock them in history mode ala Ruto/Agitha/villains in Hyrule Warriors.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Eh, either way it's Caeda, aka biggest flirt on Archanea. I'm sure she's used to it.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Maybe Sylvia doesn't even have a brand. Lissa doesn't, after all.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Why does Saizo count but not Kaze? Why is Astohl barely recognizable? Where are Rennac and Pahn?

Why no love for lady thieves?

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Last Celebration posted:

Also Lilfis or whoever the thief from FE5 was that was basically the bandit leader you'd kill in any other game for being a piece of poo poo

Actually Lifis just straight up being an immoral rear end in a top hat makes him cool and interesting, especially in the context of Thracia's theme of "Your ragtag army is fighting against impossible odds and needs every bit of help it can get, regardless of who it's from."

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Holy poo poo I just noticed the tiny mogalls in the jar. :3:

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

The scene is real dumb whether Kaze dies or not, if all you want is to revel in the stupidity. Heck, the version where he lives might even be dumber.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

I can never remember if "The Man Who Dagda Loved" is actually accurate, an artifact of the poor translation patch, or just a meme.

It's an extremely good meme if so.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Yeah regardless of your feelings on Brom and Nephenee equating mental disability with voting for Trump is a real lovely thing to do on several levels.

cheetah7071 posted:

Mist is also gay and is one of Jill's two wives

Lethe doesn't really seem like the marrying type to me. Or the type to be alright with an open relationship.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Extremely hot take incoming, but I feel like it almost would have been better if they had just been totally upfront and unapologetic about the incest instead of washing the player's hands of any responsibility for their choices. Like, incest is definitely weird and gross, but if two siblings genuinely want to bang it out I'm not actually sure what grounds I have to object without just devolving into :biotruths:, ethically speaking.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Zore posted:

Tharja if her supports weren't such a goddamn mess and contradictory with Noire's :argh:

I mean, wasn't that kind of the point? That our version of Tharja is so much more well adjusted than the version from the everyone dies timeline that their respective behaviors would appear completely contradictory from Noire's perspective?

Anyway, I'm total poo poo at picking favorites but I voted for Cervantes every day of CYL because memes are good.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

The dumbest thing about this is that even if you accept at face value the premise that Lincoln=bad and Confederacy=good, the argument still doesn't make any sense. The extent of the Ashnard comparison is basically just "they both had four generals and I found pictures where they look vaguely similar to their counterparts," which amounts to jack and poo poo, and crap like "Ike worked to unify the continent of Tellius, while Abraham Lincoln worked to divide the "United" States of America" is just completely false on both counts regardless of how warped your worldview is. The stuff about Sherman is mostly spot on, though, I'll admit.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

List of people that like Lyre:

Gatrie
Her sister, probably
Onmi's twitch chat

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Echoes' nonexistent map design is somewhat redeemed I feel by enemy stats scaling well enough that an empty box where the enemies charge at you can still pose a somewhat interesting challenge. Of course, they still mucked this up by forgetting to actually put enemies in half of the empty boxes.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

I'm the hair dye Nanna used for her Mist cosplay

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

But will the new characters still be based off of submissions by random forum users?

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Nages posted:

Also sakurai was going to put sigurd into melee but got a call from John J. IntelligenceSystems and was asked to put roy in instead and that's awful

Pretty sure that was Leif, not Sigurd.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

I forget, do you get a chance to save between 1-6-1 and 1-6-2 in RD?

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

I really like the desert map in 9, because I'm a sucker for weird side objectives and figuring out how to get all the treasures AND max out bexp is a fun puzzle, even if it's probably more optimal to just kill things instead. Same goes for the stealth chapter. I can take or leave the priest chapter though, probably because it's so close to the end that gimmicks feel unnecessary.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

If you were truly dedicated you would have trained up Vika, too. :colbert:

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

That means a chance for a Nowi design that isn't garbage, so sure.

Plot twist: Morgan is also there, but she's dyed her hair.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Honestly, more than any character, what I want most from smash in terms of FE rep is some stages. Give me a Grima's Back stage you cowards.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Someone joked about it earlier, but Riven Bridge is probably genuinely one of the most iconic and recognizable locales in the series, even if it is for the wrong reasons. It doesn't really have any potential for interesting design that isn't already filled by Bridge of Eldin, though. Other stage ideas:

Whatever the name is of the castle where the Black Knight fight takes place. Black Knight could show up to fight Pyrosphere/Wily's Castle style, and when you kill him the stage falls apart.
From Fates, people mentioned Valla, and I think Notre Sagesse and Fort Dragonfall have potential too.
Any of the GBA endgame maps.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Shadow Dragon was actually my first FE, and in that context I thought it was fine, although I don't think I knew about the gaidens at the time. Subpar for the series? Sure. But I don't, like, regret playing it or anything.

Inflammatory posted:

remember when people hacked hyrule warriors to swap characters' movesets, so you got link doing all of lana's cutesy dances and poses, and how funny that was? now imagine somebody doing that for fe:w and how no one would care, aside from i guess the possibility to play as cordelia with a moveset that doesn't blow rear end.

Iirc this wasn't actually hacking. It was a weird glitch that I think ended up getting patched out, and it had something to do with going into co-op mode and screwing around with the character selections somehow? Also I think you could only do it with Link for some reason? Your point still stands though.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Folt The Bolt posted:

It doesn't need to be gripping. It simply needs to exist.

Hey, you were using smash's lack of story as justification for why Ike in smash is a fundamentally different situation from Ike in warriors, but this statement you made about warriors' story also applies to brawl, aka the smash that introduced Ike.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

The greatest name localization sin is actually the loss of Asseray.

E: Or marginally more seriously, Kilroy.

Cattail Prophet fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jul 26, 2018

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Chrom is a... Roy echo? Everyone assumed he would be an Ike echo if he got in, but in retrospect, Roy is definitely a better fit. Chrom's fighting style really isn't quite as heavy as Ike's, so Roy makes a nice middle ground between him and Marth/Lucina.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

harsh but fair