Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Conquest 10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Looper posted:

gatrie, gilliam, effie, oswin, kjelle, brom, amelia... can't say I'm the most optimal player but that's a lotta good knights in this tactician's opinion

Amelia is absolute dogshit

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Its totally fine to use Amelia she’s neat and 8 is so insanely easy you can use whoever. She’s still absolutely awful and bottom 3 units in the game

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

I have a weird fascination with using Knoll often and he’s loving terrible.

Trying to use Sophia broke me though

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Amelia getting unique sprites is rad it’s a shame she’s so poo poo. FE8 is a complete pushover anyway tho so it doesn’t really matter

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

4: Beowulf Finn
5: August Mareeta Olwen
6: Echidna Dieck Karel
7: Hector Karel Vaida
8: Joshua L’arachel
9: Soren
10: Soren

Awakening: Lucina I guess
Fates: Arthur Camilla Oboro

Three Houses: Edelgard Hubert nobody else in the franchise even comes close besides maybe Bernie and Dorothea

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Rinkah is terrible and it's incredibly depressing

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

I mean you can use her and get lucky and have her perform well but almost anyone else you could pick in Birthright will generally contribute more useful things. It doesn’t really matter though even on lunatic you can use whoever you want in birthright

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

People are disagreeing with you because your points are dumb and wrong

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Fates was incredibly well received and made a ton of money.

It's a huge mess but that's irrelevant to how it was received at launch and Conquest is a solid upper tier fire emblem game.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Reinhardt is the best Camus because he's an awful piece of poo poo and the game repeatedly calls attention to that's completely full of it all the way up to Olwen loathing him post mortem

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

3H.

Alternatively Thracia 776

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

GBA games have the best animation work still by a long shot

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Byleth sucks but the concept is fine they’re just ruined by being silent when a huge part of the plot is built on the idea that they have a personality

Edelgard is the real protagonist anyway

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Catherine’s a good character and I still highly enjoy Shamir blowing her away whenever I do the final battle

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

I like all the playable factions besides the Church Black Eagles are just the best ones.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Claude is an extremely interesting character who gets to do absolutely nothing

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

One of my fears for Three Hopes is that Dimitri post timeskip will still be sane and not Boar Man who is by far the most fun Dimitri

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Yeah there's definitely some bias here as while you are insanely powerful in endgame XCOM 2, enemies are far more capable of keeping up with you. It's still a curbstomp once you cross the midgame but there are things left that can still actually threaten you which isn't the case in EW.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Pistol slingers are loving dope but they're nowhere close to the power of endgame XCOM1 Snipers outside of certain circumstances. And they should be powerful in those circumstances

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Flayn’s cool and I usually use her when I don’t play Crimson Flower but not as a dancer. She’s perfectly fine in her basic setup due to her excellent spell list.

I sometimes still use her on Crimson Flower just as a knight adjutant pre timeskip as I usually bench Caspar at minimum due to his worthlessness on Maddening and running with a small team.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

I like Caspar well enough but he isn’t seeing action on Maddening

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

If you let flayn and seteth get away in Crimson Flower you’re a coward

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Gilbert isn’t the worst unit in the game since he provides some mild utility on Hunting by Daybreak maddening and that’s worth more then the worst units in the game on its own.

He’s still a piece of poo poo and having Annette murder him is extremely satisfying

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Fodlan was never going to have a chance at getting better without Edelgard’s war. Even the backing off Rhea does only happens because of Edelgard kicking her teeth in

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

I really hate almost everything they've shown off about Engage a lot but Three Houses looked like rear end on reveal too and ended up being very good.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Delphisage posted:

You know your sarcasm is backfiring here? Soren gets a bunch of Uke coding in both 9 and especially 10

you're loving insane

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Delphisage posted:

I still haven't gotten any example of a Four Heavenly Kings/Devas group from NES/SNES era that abides by a dumb/coward/honorable/old setup.

why does it matter

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

I expect Engage's narrative to be dumb as bricks but I don't give a gently caress as long as it plays well

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Delphisage posted:

You could make the same argument towards Corrin and technically not be lying.

Jesus Christ

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

5 has by far the best tactician type characters

gently caress you dorias you stupid rear end in a top hat

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Delphisage posted:

I kinda have to here since they're tied to so many arguments about Edelgard.

Have you considered posting normal instead

Also the Slithers magi tech stuff is the coolest part about them we actually get to see and they should’ve leaned more into that. Give Thales a beam saber.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Shadow Dragon is trash and one of the worst games in the franchise.

New Mystery is pretty decent

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Delphisage posted:

That's thanks to FE3. Chapters 7 to 9 are really well made.

Is there a reasoning for this more detailed than "encouraged unit deaths"?

I don't give a poo poo about the encouraged unit deaths. It's basically just an upscaled NES game but with actual worse mechanic changes from the NES version, having incredibly boring and poorly designed maps, and being ugly as gently caress.

New Mystery is still ugly but at least the maps are cool and a lot more units actually have some personality to them.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

FE5 has Othin and Havan who are both great and Boyd is probably in the top five or top ten at minimum units for FE9.

Archers have wavered wildly in quality but axes infantry have always been good.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Yeah Nasir is mostly useless against Ashnard anyway on Hard and up so beating the Black Knight really isn't important

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Yeah the way the English localization handles that fight is fine and it fits the mechanics as well.

Black Knight even mentions Ike fixating on him would risk screwing with his growth so throwing the fight and faking his own death makes sense to free Ike from that fixation even if just temporarily.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Golden Deer unfortunately kind of sucks since it's just a copy paste of Silver Snow.

Black Eagles suffers from clearly being a last minute add but it's also by far the best story Three Houses has to offer and the best final battle.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Kitsune genocide isn’t that bad of a map once you know how it works but Fuga Wind Ride is the worst map in the franchise even counting Awakening’s featureless squares.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Ninja Cave is a fun map

With save states.