Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I just played through episode 3. I loved it, but my main problem was how little you actually saw of the place. There are literally no civilians there other than Reggie (the 400 days characters are more like guards), I thought this was supposed to be a large compound? Also, where was Russel? I'm pretty sure I got him to go there in my file, but I don't remember seeing him.

As for Carver, I thought they could've made him a bit more ambiguous. His very first scene in the episode has him demand a father smack the poo poo out of his daughter, and the next one has him push a guy off a roof (Which made me think he's not only loving evil, but really terrible at it. Seems like such a weird way to kill a person.) There really isn't anything about his character that makes me think "Maybe he's in the right". I also found it off that Carver himself was the one doing all these things. Why would he be going out to get the stragglers that left himself? Surely the leader should stay behind in case anything happens. Things like that make me think the place isn't nearly as big was it was implied to be.

Really liking season 2 though. I was worried how they'd handle controlling a kid, since that seems like such a departure from these sorts of stories, but I think they're doing a pretty good job. Even other characters acknowledge that she's the only one really worth a drat. Episode 1 was my favorite of any of the parts of season 1 or 2, it really felt like Telltale was trying to prove to the player that Clem really can be a good protagonist.

Also nobody seems to like Mike. I like Mike :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

So did Luke ever actually... do anything? They painted him as somewhat competent, but he generally fucks up big time and ended up abandoning his post to get laid, and essentially got Sarah killed. Really dude? Couldn't wait until nightfall or something for that? I didn't really feel bad about what happened to him.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

I really don't think Kenny should have returned in this season at all, really. His character arc was over, we did not need him to completely take over the narrative of Clem's development.

Throughout the season I sort of flip flopped on him, I guess? Overall by the end I was really sick to death of his poo poo, so I felt like he needed to go.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Complaints aside, I will say Kenny is probably the most consistently written character in the series. A selfish rear end in a top hat that plays both sides by trying to make you feel sympathetic, making you question whether you like the guy or not.

• Locked thread