Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

400 Days itself was pretty awesome with all the small ways the storylines bled into each other. Too bad it all wound up being fairly standalone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Also yeah, I wound up shooting Kenny because A) by that point he seemed crazy beyond no return, B) he was about to stab someone in the face who hadn't elaborated in the slightest on just what had happened, C) there was a lot of indication that he just wanted to die. Kind of like they kept hammering on about with Sarah.

And then I ditched Jane too, since once she did elaborate it became apparent she was a moron.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Yeah, I generally tried to make the good choices in the game, but I did put a pitchfork into Cannibal Dude because gently caress if I was going to risk him getting up and killing one of my group.

Stranger: You stabbed a man with a pitchfork in front of a little girl!

Lee: That was complicated!

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

That was a big reason why I thought 400 Days was so cool. So a rehabbing junkie, a college student, an inmate, and Tommy Chong walk into a bar zombie apocalypse...

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I'm sad Nate didn't show up again. That guy was pretty much Trevor from GTA5 set loose in Zombieville.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Happy medium, Clem gives the baby to trustworthy stranger Nate. "Hey kid, hold my gun! I need to piss!"

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Which really makes the best ending the one where she chases off the family at the gates.

Guy: Hey, we could use your help!

Clem: *draws gun* gently caress off.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Well really, the game keeps hammering and hammering the point that sometimes the most merciful thing is to just put someone down. Whether it's a Walker or Lee or Duck or Kenny who had been dead internally since he lost his family, sometimes people are too far gone and you're doing them a disservice by not letting go.

The Jane thing was interesting, since she was kind of right in that one nudge to Kenny sent him right off the edge to Crazytown without even hearing a situation out. And with that said, Clem's "You did all that to prove a point? You're loving crazy" choice was also spot on and there should have been an option to shoot her in the knee. That rear end in a top hat.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I kind of laughed at that one since it seemed at the time stealing a watch would have just been an rear end in a top hat move for being an rear end in a top hat. Then later they're like "I wish someone had gotten the watch."

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Man, gently caress Kenny. I gave up on his rear end in Season 1 when I didn't smash Larry's head with a cinderblock, so he took *every last opportunity* to whine about how Lee had no loyalty to him for the rest of the game. Get over it, jerk. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Man, Kenny would have snapped on Clem in a second. After whatsherface dies he explodes on Clem for a situation that she couldn't have done a drat thing about, and then he only rolls downhill in sanity from there. At the end he had latched on to the baby so much that if anything happened to it (and Jane wasn't there to be an easier target), Kenny would have stabbed her in the face.

• Locked thread