Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

He also cooks the food of his people

strangemusic posted:

This is exactly what I thought. I hesitated for a long time when you're given the choice about what to do, expecting that I'd have to deal with icing one relationship or the other, but... Nope.

Hehe. This was by the far the easiest choice I had to make in two seasons of walking dead. Even the choice in the bell tower of season 1 was a little harder. Only a little.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

I was pretty nice to Kenny but he was still a huge dick to me.

gently caress he was the worst person they could have brought back from s1, but he was probably also the only one.

I've done everything I could to get him killed and fucker still won't die.

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

Is everyone else certain Christa is coming back in the finale?

Do I need to spoiler that?

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

Since when did several years pass in the game?

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

Terror Sweat posted:

I agree, next episode a meteor should fall from the sky and kill kenny.

We can only hope

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

I've made every decision in this game to keep Luke by my side and get Kenny killed. Much like in the first game, I suspect my dreams for Kenny's horrifying death will go unfulfilled.

Why couldn't Kenny die on Hershel's farm. Oh, such sweet fantasies.

e: It's weird, sometimes I have Clementine be nice to Kenny because 1) I want her to be a somewhat nice person and 2) Her primary goal is a large group of relatively trustworthy people. But as a player I loath him to my toes.

rypakal fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Jul 29, 2014

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

freebooter posted:

They spent three months all together as a group cooped up in that motel. Then another three weeks after season 1 episode 2. So while she would definitely have more of a relationship with, say, Christa, it makes perfect sense to me that she would practically consider Kenny family.

That's one of the many things the game accomplishes really well, actually - the sense of camaraderie and loyalty of being in a survival group even if you don't necessarily like or respect each other. That's why I've got Kenny's back even though he has massive personality issues and can sometimes be a liability, and that's why I always had Ben's back even when he was terrified and hosed up. It's also why I didn't hesitate to exile Lily from the group immediately after she shot Carley: she committed the one unforgivable sin, which is turning on the group.

I had her hug him because she hugs everybody, but also because I thought a familiar face would be comforting. It actually took me several scenes to remember who Kenny was and how much I hated him.

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

Saint Sputnik posted:

gently caress that scene that was the biggest load of bullshit in all of both seasons, how are we supposed to know to keep pulling the trigger multiple times after it's empty? I lost count of how many times I repeated it, thinking I just had to shoot the right zombies or something.

I went back several replies and couldn't find the source. What scene is this? I remember running out of bullets during the escape but not having to keep pulling the trigger.

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

I'd eat a bullet day 1, day 2 at the latest.

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

I did not realize until just now that anything from 400 days carried forward. I had almost forgotten that existed.

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

Pharmaskittle posted:

My Kenny was still pretty okay with me after disagreeing with him in the freezer scene, so there must be other factors that matter.

Kenny never ever forgave me for not immediately throwing everything aside for Duck on the farm and in the pharmacy. He'd come back sometimes and then just throw it in my face. When he started throwing blame at Clem I stopped even trying to be remotely nice to him. I actively left him alone to face walkers twice but of course the fucker won't die.

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

BMS posted:

Wait...what? Are you talking about in Season 1 or 2? If 1, then please fill me in on how exactly he blamed Clem, as I've never seen this!

Yes, I was transitioning to talking about season 2. I tried to be nice to him in the cabin but gently caress that rear end in a top hat.

Next time I replay the series I'm going to be as mean as possible to him. I know the fucker won't die but I will enjoy it more.

They did say that in s2 staying silent is a more robust choice than it was in s1. I only did it once so far when I had no idea how to respond to something.

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

If they were looking to make the climax of the game a hard choice, they failed. That was so much fun!

I was mostly frustrated at the number of times in the last three episodes that option wasn't available.

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

I blame every fucker who likes Kenny with why they brought that stupid ragey gently caress back in the first place. He was the worst in s1 and he really brought down s2

how is it possible not to see what Jane is doing immediately? All I could think was FINALLY this loving game is going to let me shoot him when he goes into a stupid rage for the 1000th time

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

Scientists, or possibly mental health authorities, need to study this thread for the past year to investigate how anybody, ever, anywhere, at any point in the narrative, could like Kenny.

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

ManOfTheYear posted:

The ending dilemma in season 2 will probably the :can: argument for every video game thread for the next 30 years.

"Oh God you had to bring THAT up."

There was never once a dilemma. The last hard decision in that game was shooting the zombies or trying to pull luke out of the water.

I don't get why we have to spoil this poo poo. Stupid people need to stay away until they've finished.

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

I have a dream that you get to gut Duck in the pharmacy and Kenny went crazy and you kill him too.

Man that was so much better than having to be wtih Kenny for two full games.

e: I saved Carly because of the gun. I was still trying to game good outcomes at that point. My natural response would have been Doug.

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

Kenny is an abusive stereotype. Easygoing, very quick and violent to anger, immediately apologetic when the anger passes.

e: oh ok.

rypakal fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Aug 28, 2014

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

Do the devs make fun of a 12 year old autistic girl again? I need trigger warnings.

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

1stGear posted:

They do claim Luke is the alpha male leader type that you go to when you need something done which is uh :psyduck:

Yes this is the truth.

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Christa will never be mentioned again

I never expected her to be mentioned again. It's really weird to me that anyone would expect that. But, I've learned this week that people actually like Kenny.

team overhead smash posted:

And Ben would like to have a word with people who think Kenny let someone die if they proved to be a useless gently caress-up.

I let Ben died because he was a useless gently caress-up. I wish it had been Kenny in that bell tower.

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

"It was really hard for us to believe people would leave or shoot Kenny. If we could get people to a place where they would do that it would be the funnest challenge"

I don't want to live on this planet anymore. You're all loving crazy.

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

Ilustforponydeath posted:

Why bring the baby to begin with? Huge waste of resources that is constantly loud and will contribute nothing for years. A large camp could've taken care of one, but dragging it along in a scenario like the end of season 2 would be suicide.

I see the psychopaths from the TV show thread have found a new home.

WHY DON'T PEOPLE WHO JUST WATCHED MOST OF THE HUMAN RACE DIE JUST CHUCK A NEWBORN BABY IN A DITCH~!??!?!

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

1stGear posted:

In a more stable situation, having the baby would be manageable. But with just Clem and Kenny/Jane or Clem alone, its a huge risk that is likely to get everyone, including the baby, killed.

That's not to say they should just leave it in a ditch somewhere but valuing it above any other member of the group is insane.

You understand why this makes you a monster, right? Like worse than any Kenny lover?

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

1stGear posted:

"Valuing competent adults who are capable of actually making babies and caring for them in a stable environment over literal two-day olds in an extreme survival situation? Wow, what an rear end in a top hat."

It's so amazing to me that you can't even see it.

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

So to get away from Arvo for a bit, I'm replaying the first season of TWD now, and on the answering machine I noticed that they say that Clem's dad ran into some crazy dude and they had to go to the ER, but he's feeling sick now. They were doomed from the start. :(

Did you just never check the answering machine before?

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

Lt. Danger posted:

No, I think people are siding with Kenny or Jane based on how okay they think it is to use violence against other people.

I made my choice based on a 2 year long desire to murder that fucker.

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

Viridiant posted:

My unstable psychopath who should probably be abandoned at earliest opportunity is better than your unstable psychopath who should probably be abandoned at earliest opportunity.

Clem is the only acceptable psychopath.

But Kenny should have been abandoned 10 episodes ago

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

Or, if you verbally and emotionally abuse your wife and child for over a year, and physically assault everyone who makes you a little bit cross, you might be an abusive gently caress who doesn't deserve the least bit sympathy but internet psychopaths who think you should murder a baby because they're a danger will love you.

And yes I wanted to shoot Arvo, I aint got no problem with summary justice in a lawless world. Don't making beatings right.

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

Penakoto posted:

Speaking of Bonnie, I think the most disappointing thing for me was the fact nobody except her had anything more than a cameo in Season 2.

I remember when Telltale tweeted something along the lines of "Oh definitely get 400 days before Season 2 ;)", as if, even by Telltale standards, it would effect anything.

It didn't even work for me. I had no recollection of Bonnie.

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

circ dick soleil posted:

Kenny is ISFJ. Jane is ENTJ.

Clearly you mean ESFP and INTJ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Realtalk I was ready to walk out with Kenny literally the moment he appeared

I assume to shoot him the back of the head because he was the worst loving character in s1.

• Locked thread