Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug
If you cruise on over to TFR you'll find more than a couple guys there who have thousands of rounds on hand. I would say sitting on that much ammo is an exception rather than a rule, but anyone who collets old Russian rifles probably has enough ammo on hand to keep shooting for a very long time.

And like Zeroisanumber says, reloading isn't that hard. I have a little kit that I can use in the middle of a field; not fast, but effective. And to add to his point about making the raw materials, other bullets in calibres that aren't immediately useful can be pulled apart to give you more smokeless powder and other raw materials.

Not that it means Clem and Co couldn't run out of bullets in any particular situation, though they have done this in some earlier episode, at the windmill or whatever. No real reason to go back to that well any time soon.

Also, I had a lot of trouble with that part because I didn't know you were supposed to keep firing well after it went click the first time. I basically only lucked into advancing past that because I was frustrated and kept mashing the trigger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

I did not know that Iceland lacked a standing army.

I think Iceland would be a good destination for TWD gang. There's barely anyone there, whatever sort of local populace remained would be easy to brush aside and it's filled with geo-thermal energy.

Season four, here we come. I assume season three will be them looking for a boat again. Which I suppose means Kenny lives.

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

Saint Sputnik posted:

Anyway I'm in the mood to read some zombie/post-apoc fiction. Any suggestions? I finished McCarthy's The Road and I'm gonna get WWZ from the library in a bit.

If you're in the mood to listen instead, We're Alive is one of the better modern audio dramas around.

Thankfully it is done now, so you can binge through it.

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

Saint Sputnik posted:

Please tell me it's like an extended version of Pontypool

I am sorry to say I don't think it is anything at all like Pontypool, though I base that entirely on a quick read of the movie/book's Wikipedia page.

It is mostly like TWD, but there's a bit of Left 4 Dead in there and I think a bit of an influence from Half-life.

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

ActusRhesus posted:

but it's a DOG. The dog always lives. (except in Jaws..and Snakes on a Plane) Curse you for toying with my conventions.

And Mad Max.

And I am Legend.

And Old Yeller.

And Where the Red Fern Grows.

And Plague Dogs. (never ever watch Plague Dogs, it will crush you)

I was hoping that the dog would become a faithful companion, and bite zombies for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

laplace posted:

I've said it a few times but I found it deeply problematic that you could play the game and actively refuse the baby all the time and say things like "I don't want to hold it" "here take it", to the point where people would actively notice that you didn't want anything to do with the baby, only to have it shoehorned on you at the last minute because Clem has to be a bastion of light and good and take the baby because CLEM LOVE BABBY. It was ridiculous character whiplash and honestly my Clem probably would have just left AJ in the car and just been pissed at Jane for arbitrarily getting someone murdered and causing conflict.

It was off screen, but Clem read A Modest Proposal, so she knows what's up.

• Locked thread