Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

AnimalChin posted:

What the hell do I have to do to find small engines?! :argh:

I've looted what seems like a countless amount - 2 towns worth. And completely disassembled at least 2 dozen all the way to nothing.

Are you using a wrench, and only cars in the "Damaged" state drop engines IIRC?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

xzzy posted:

Do drawbridges still collapse without supports under the center of the bridge?

I did some test runs in creative and they seemed okay but I keep seeing hits in google searches indicating there's still issues.

Either way, the leap of faith is more fun. That's how my current SP base is set up, minus the death pit. You just gotta jump a gap to get to the only door.

They work fine for me with a row of blocks under the connecting side, so the anchored part. No support for the bridge itself.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

Mr Hootington posted:

Just had a mini bike meld into the wall of a trader.

Mine is permanently stuck in the spikes out front of the trader.

Can't access the cargo either.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

enraged_camel posted:

So I saw this in the patch notes:

Does this mean blood moons no longer consist of endless hordes, and instead spawn a static number of zombies?

They seem to spawn in groups now instead of a conga line as you kill them.

Edit: So overall I like this patch, but man they really need to make the melee combat more than a weird hit scan. It's really apparent now when you whiff a sledgehammer swing at a zombie sprinting at you, cause you aimed just slightly right of their head.

Bondematt fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Nov 25, 2018

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid
7D2D A17 - Bug fixes caused other bugs

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid
A18 when?

And did they update melee yet, I don't see that listed in the dev notes?

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

EdwardSwifferhands posted:

So.... November?

What? That would make it August at the latest.

of 2020

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

enraged_camel posted:

My understanding is that they will share much of the AI with zombies, but they'll be able to shoot at you, obviously.

Similar to a zombie cop, but less zombie and more human.

So 6 years, got it.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

President Ark posted:

the real trick to more brass is money, the coins are brass and they smelt into it

This is the real answer, duke coins are the easiest way to get brass by far and you can drop 40k in a forge and walk away while it smelts.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid
99% Chance you could mod that.

Maybe just make vehicles not work during the horde storm?

I mean I just build a death fortress and AK everything coming up the ramparts. Complete with shovebot which just gently nudges any zombies that made it up to the back of the conga line.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid
So of glass bottles don't exist, how are we getting water now?

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

OgNar posted:

There will likely be magic water bottles.
Appear when they are needed and disappear when used.

Wait, they are making this game MORE accessible? What the gently caress.

I guess I'm so used to devs making poo poo worse that I just expected you to only be able to bottle water at a water bottling bench or something equally stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

Slow News Day posted:

Bandits are delayed again apparently. No longer planned for A22.

What a loving joke.

Lmao what was the first Alpha they were supposed to be in, 17?

It's hard to tell cause I distinctly remember them being a joke like 4-5 years ago.