Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I joined the LLJK server and my spawn point just happened to have a large base already established. It got fortrified into a Bartertown type zone before raiders blew up most of it. The players within then turned into dwarves and tunnelled all the way from the desert to underneath the Spillway Lake.

Also tons of tnt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Biggest bugs for me are:
-Losing all my gear on logging in.
-A giant rear end memory leak eating everything.
-The game crashing and freezing up everything when I hit quit.

Why do I keep coming back. Why?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

No idea.

Anyway still starting out. The biggest hurdle always seems to be scavenging up the first 4 iron bars for the pickaxe. Is there any quicker way than to get them other than breaking every single metal thing for scrap?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah, the entrance to the lake tunnel is actually from the ruins of a base somewhere in the desert. That's one long-rear end tunnel.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I should uninstall this because I swear it's killing my computer. Yet it's so stupid fun.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Punch a bush. Now you have a stick to beat zombies with.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Besides, cant they spawn in only on a placed bed? I've been able to set up a respawn point for myself by dropping a bed, selecting that point from the map, then picking up the bed, letting me respawn without having a bed placed.

The other solution though is to build a room with a bed on a tall pillar with treespikes at the bottom, then sealing it off so it's pitch black.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Drakenel posted:

You misunderstand, when you join the server, it places you on top of the most populated area.

This is terrible.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

It's still horribly buggy and broken in parts. The biggest are duping, the lovely spawn system and the massive memory leaks that cripple the computer after any period of time.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Zombies are bad at jumping and navigating long narrow windy paths. Put it over a pit, stick treetips at the bottom and have several leaps to make before you can get in.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Some things about the materials system have me really confused. Either some materials dont stick to each other, or if you build high enough, nothing will stop stuff from collapsing if it isnt supported from directly underneath, or both? See the giant factory silos for example. First few levels it's fine, but near the top levels, anything that isnt directly on part of the core just collapses, from wooden plants to metal trussing.

Re: stolen spikes, why not use the tree tip spikes instead of the degradable stick spikes? Those last until chopped down rather than breaking easily.

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Jan 8, 2014

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

If the zombies are spawning in predictable locations, just dig a 10 block drop all around them and harvest the bodies at the bottom.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah I sometimes plug in if there's a lot of goon activity, but otherwise I dont really feel like dragging out my headset. Plus the broken mumble overlay doesnt help much.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Lost anything?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

So I've been hopping on other servers to see what's out there and there's this guy running a server called TOP something, with a slight modification to zombie spawning.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

QwertySanchez posted:

Goons must have seriously pissed off 222 in some game in the past.

That looks like fun, if you can find somewhere safe to shoot from or had guns that didn't wear out so quick.

The funny thing is that in those densities they started tripping each other up as they shoved each other back and forth trying to get to me and i ws able to safely evade them.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Been away a few days playing METAL GEAR?! and when I logged back in, my tree fort had been replaced by a gigantic tangle of concrete, red metal, bedrock and a giant staircase into the sky.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hmmm, will have to see how forging slows down the advance to picks.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

HoratioRash posted:

Behold the murderlodge

Oh god, you're calling everyone coons again. :stonk:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

That may just be the respawning container script doing its thing though.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The instability and repeated loss of MY MATERIAL POSSESSIONS has killed my desire to play this for now.

My block building needs are being met by robocraft though. You can build a giant gently caress AND fly it into people's faces. (people do not like this)

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Guns, pretty common if you're slaughtering zombies. About 1 in about 7 are carrying some sort of weapon by my guess. Clothes? No.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Does the crossbow shoot out of your rear end or has that been fixed?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I had fun with this for about a week but wish it had more legs. vOv

Maybe I should have bought Rust instead so I could laugh at caveman dongs?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

blackguy32 posted:

I feel burned on every Early Access title I have bought. Although out of all of them, I think I enjoyed this one the most. Its fun when goons are online and you can actually find them in game, but the mechanics make it so that it kind of gets difficult to find anyone else since I think if you die without a bed down, it just respawns you as far away from other people as possible unless Friendly fire is off.

Maybe we simply need to schedule a time when everyone gets online.

How about we just play a good game instead? :shrug:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

quote:

Added new drop on death and quit options drop nothing, everything, tool belt and backpack only.

Oh. Oh my.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Skandranon posted:

6. The grass looks nicer, but is even more of a problem when trying to loot zombies or attack crawling ones. Try to kill zombies on pavement.

We need lawnmowers for crawling zombies.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

QwertySanchez posted:

Raw eggs are good, but chili and dog food are were the real gassiness is at. A friend of mine tried to murder me and bury me in a mine yesterday because I kept eating them behind him while he was crafting and the unsavoury sounds were driving him crazy.

I'm going to have to start playing again.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh man, does the chat system cause noise? It should! "Shut up!" "NO YOU SHUT UP" "guys stop using caps"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah, that's not green grassy, that's green glowy. Basically how the game tells you to stay inside the playable area.