Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

I'm looking to join up with whatever goons are playing right now. I'm in the Mumble, but I don't have a mic yet and there doesn't seem to be any notification sound when I type into the chat channel. The server listed in the OP isn't coming up and won't let me connect to it is full. Where are you guys, and how do I get in?

neogeo0823 fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Jan 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Archonex posted:

Try joining anyways. It should let you on. Unless we hit the cap again, in which case I need to increase it.

Yeah, it was at 40/40 players for a solid half hour last night. I would've kept trying, but I got bored and wandered away to play Gnomoria instead. :(

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Hopped into some servers with goons for the first time last night. It was mostly fun. We found one server that had a pretty huge wooden structure that seemed important, so we set about with oil barrerls and rocket launchers, leveling the thing. Through most of that, the lag was so bad from all the entities that people respawning into the area couldn't see anything but people shooting rockets at invisible things. We brought 3 servers to their knees through similar means.

The only real snag was getting accused of being a pubbie a couple times. I don't have a mic yet, so there were a few times when goons would be dropping stacks of items that I thought they were just dropping for anyone, and I'd end up getting blown up because they thought I was stealing them. By the middle of next week, I'll have a mic though, so hopefully that'll no longer be a problem.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Archonex posted:

My headset broke, which creates problems when trying to talk over mumble. :(

If it makes you feel better, I ordered a (very nice) set of headphones from Amazon and a mic from DealExtreme on the 3rd. I got the headset a couple days ago, and can now hear exactly which direction everything's coming from. The mic will be here as late as the 23rd, and I have no way of knowing when exactly, as I didn't shell out the $2 for a tracking number on a $3 clip on mic. :shepface:

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Man, this is really bumming me out that my mic won't be here till some time between the 18th and the 23rd. :smith:

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

I bought this game for $13 during the holiday Steam sale and I still questions if it's a bad purchase. I've played with goons exactly once, and while the goons themselves weren't bad, the experience was just really... unrefined? Rough? I dunno. I get that it's early release, which is fine, but I've got really no desire to play until the hacking issues and at least some of the lag that happens when large buildings fall down gets resolved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Even still, at least throw your early backers a bone of some kind. Give them an exclusive player skin, or some kind of fun, harmless custom recipe or server command or something. Don't go charging people full price for an early access game and then proceed to give them nothing that everyone else won't get. At that point, you're essentially having people pay you for the "fun" of bug testing your game.