Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Isaacs Alter Ego
Sep 18, 2007

This game is so janky, but it is kind of fun. I feel like the $30 price tag was a weeee bit high ($15 seems more appropriate) especially due to how bizarrely the zombies animate. A lot of mechanics are obtuse, too; I still have no idea how to load my shotgun. I also die, a lot, and today when I loaded up my game my inventory was empty of all the things I had gathered last night on my trip to the northern borders. I'm not sure why.

Also I just killed some dude who spawned in the place I was holing up for the night. I'm sorry, random dude, but Day-Z taught me never to trust strangers. Ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isaacs Alter Ego
Sep 18, 2007

Roumba posted:

Can you make predator-style boyscout super traps? Boulder crushing traps? I've not played minecraft so I don't exactly know the limits of its physics.

From what I've seen so far, you can craft Barbed Wire and wooden spike for pit traps, as well as mines that just need a bit of gunpowder. You can also mine out everything underneath a floor so that as soon as someone puts their weight on it, it will collapse into a pit. I don't really understand how that works just yet though.