Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

So how would this play as a loner single-player experience, you against the world?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Don't think this and its conceptual sister-game, Rust, are for me, sadly. I can't get into the mindset of enjoying building something when at any moment some other kid can come into the sandbox and kick over your sand castle. That is not what I build sand castles for.

I build them so I can kick them over when I'm done. Myself!

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

So, now that some time has passed how would one compare this to Rust? Those who've tried both. I'm still not totally sold on the nastier PVP aspects…I'm more of a cooperative guy…but sometimes I make an exception, heh.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

How long do you think until it's close to "finished?"

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Having never actually played this game: what if you try to dig yourself a zombie cellar to hide in? Can they dig through walls of rock too?

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

E-Tank posted:

I gotta say, I am very impressed with the work they've been doing. When I first got it, I was scared that I'd wasted my money, but they've just poured so much work and care into the game.

So, it's good, huh? This game has been knawing at the back of my mind lately, like I keep wanting to try it out but I'm not sure.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Bleh, I wish someone had mentioned that crafting used the same interface as Minecraft. No, I do not care for having to guess where on the board I put items to make poo poo, nor do I care to have to tab over to an internet browser to figure this poo poo out.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

A fort made of sardine crackers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

E-Tank posted:

And I'm sorry, I didn't know that was something that you didn't like. If I'd known that was a sticking point I wouldn't have given you my recommendation. :sigh:

S'okay, maybe they'll make it slightly less intimidating when the game's in a less rough state. Serves me right for jumping into an alpha without researching it via lots of youtube videos.