Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jalumibnkrayal
Apr 16, 2008

Ramrod XTreme

Duck_King posted:

Been playing this since the sale, and I'm having a blast with it. I need to find some corn so I can make gas and have my auger go all day and night.

There is a corn farm in the northern part of the map near Coronado.

If you're having trouble surviving at night, the best holdout spot is actually a bridge. Zombies are hard pressed to destroy metal support beams, and they can't climb them. It takes a little effort to jump onto the beams and jump up them to the top but once you do you really only have to worry about the occasional wasp. I played this a bunch with a buddy and I think our server is on day 150+, so I'm waiting until they implement some new features before dipping back into it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jalumibnkrayal
Apr 16, 2008

Ramrod XTreme

PromethiumX posted:

That being said I think this game would be absolutely amazing with 3 or 4 people working together to defend against the nightly horde.
I've yet to run across a server with people who are willing to cooperate in such a way though.

I've got a group three friends and this is what we're doing, but honestly it's still not as fun as I'd hoped. The new zombie AI dictates that wherever you're active and wherever you're killing zombies, more zombies appear. This quickly becomes overwhelming if you didn't create a pit trap base. There's not much reason to invest in any other kind of base because zombies will just smash it, and you'll spend half the next day repairing it.

Additionally, there's no scaling up of zombie difficulty. Every non-dog zombie is trivial to deal with. Dogs are so fast and spastic in their movements that they're just not fun to fight. You will probably encounter all of these in the first few minutes of playing. After that, nothing really changes. I recognize that this isn't L4D, but I'd kinda like some additional scaled challenge as time goes on, otherwise there's not much point. It's also not helped by the fact that as you get armor and more advanced weapons, the hordes of zombies become even less of an issue.