Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blueblueblue
Mar 18, 2009

Enallyniv posted:

Oh god, I can only imagine what we did to that poor guy's server last night, then...

The best part? He moved the server to a new IP this morning. Before he did this he reverted back to before the explosion, but the cave we dug is still there.

I filled it with TNT again.

The new image he has for the server is our cave filled with TNT. I've blown it up three times. It doesn't quite melt the server now, but he keeps reverting back...to the world with a cave full of TNT.

e: I also stashed TNT in crates all over the lake area. There is some in the wooden house, and some more in the stone castle.

blueblueblue fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Jan 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blueblueblue
Mar 18, 2009
I't doesn't take goons long to find tnt/oil barrels and start exploding everything. When you get 4 or 5 of us, it goes quick. Buildings are demolished, lives are lost. Did you build something awesome? We will find a way to destroy it.

blueblueblue
Mar 18, 2009

bad boys for life posted:

Well server is up and has 10-20 pubbies at a time. Game name is "30m day FF On"

Everyone is playing nicely with eachother and no ones killing anyone else.

I tried connecting to your server this morning, it is hanging at the connection screen. Any ideas?

blueblueblue
Mar 18, 2009
Hey, so lag and always running zombies is not very fun. Not even challenging, just not fun.

blueblueblue
Mar 18, 2009
There is a hacker on the goon server, name 222. It uses the special alt code for it, not sure of the number.

blueblueblue
Mar 18, 2009
Goonbases are not chosen for their practicality or functionality. The current base is in the rich part of town, because that's how we roll. In style. Murderchurch was awesome.

In other news, I made a pubbie into a "fish" this morning. I got him to jump into the pool, and blocked it off on top. He apparently didn't know you could suicide out, so I made him talk in fish language to ask for his release, since he was a fish and all. His final words were "blub blub blub out" before I let him out and cut him down with a chainsaw, yelling at him my intent to wear his fish-face.

This game rocks when you play it the wrong way.

blueblueblue
Mar 18, 2009
Zombie horde mode can be pretty fun. I have one that I have been running for awhile, and it really challenges your defensive building abilities in a short time frame.

By night #7 I had 50+ zombies coming in 3 or 4 waves. My computer was starting to have problems keeping up so I stopped there for a little bit.

blueblueblue
Mar 18, 2009
Mine is on the "wasteland" map, it is fairly small and devoid of resources. The supply drops kept me more than prepared, it was more about building defenses the first/second day when you have limited resources and limited time.

blueblueblue
Mar 18, 2009
I have to preface this with an apology to PurplePants; the snowfort collapsed.

Apparently snow does not make a good construction material. We built a snowfort on top of a mountain, and when I put a roof on this morning the whole thing collapsed. The floor, the walls, the whole thing. I'm not sure how this happened when I was putting a roof on, but the snowfort is gone.

My will to play is super low without being able to suicide-spawn across the map. It might have been broken or unfair, but when I am faced with 5-10 minute runs across the map to get to the fun stuff, I find myself closing out of the game more often than not. Maybe I'm getting old and cranky, but if I am going to do something really boring for 5 minutes I have plenty of other choices.

blueblueblue
Mar 18, 2009
Snowfort has been rebuilt with a concrete basement. When I get back I'll try to put a roof on and see what happens.

blueblueblue
Mar 18, 2009
I played this morning, and I couldn't find a way to dupe things anymore. The old drop+scroll method did not work for me. What ways are people still duping things?

A couple of changes I have noticed today,

1. A stick will kill a zombie with two head shots.
2. There are a TON of zombies in any settlement. I walked into a house with 12 zombies inside. Overall, more zombies.
3. The light mechanic still only works about half the time at night.

blueblueblue
Mar 18, 2009
Not sure, but the 6.3 update is again killing my will to play. My rough guess is only 10-20% of servers are running 6.3, and you are lucky if they have anyone on. Splitting the playerbase up is never a good move.

I know, "It's only Alpha", but if I'm paying $25-35 for any game I expect competent development. Kerbal Space Program only cost me 10 bucks, and it is an outstanding model to follow.

blueblueblue
Mar 18, 2009

Alabaster White posted:

It's not really fair to blame the developers for people not updating their servers to the most recent version :confused:

The devs can be blamed for this, and it is in their interest to keep everyone on the same patch number. They could say "update to 6.3, or your server won't show up in the browser". Instead, I get to jump through more hoops to find a server to play on. It splits the playerbase into multiple groups that can not play with each other. They may still have my dollar, but they will kill the momentum they have if people stop playing and stop recommending this game because they can't find a server to play on. This issue is not without precedence.

This game has a great potential, I would hate to see it ruined by something stupid like this.

blueblueblue
Mar 18, 2009
The game is pretty fun, and the first week or so we had lots of crazy things going on. Then the hackers came and people dropped out pretty quick.

The devs seem to know what they are doing, but it is pretty early. They put themselves in a bad spot pricing the early people at $25, they can never go cheaper than that without pissing a lot of people off. That's a large price to ask for an early release game, and it shows when people start asking if they made a bad purchase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blueblueblue
Mar 18, 2009
Looks like the game got a price drop. 24.99 for one a single copy, 39.99 for a double pack.