Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Awww, hackers are in this game too? That stuff really killed DayZ's fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Well, this is proving pretty fun so far. Its a real shame about the couple of hackers that've popped up on the goon server though.

Also, I wish there were more player skins or some other convenient way to ID players. An easier way of telling who is a goon and who is a target would be nice.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I never seem to find pubbies to snipe.

Also, the increasing amount of hacking and duping bugs is a bit unfortunate.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

We've noticed that new people to the server will sometimes spawn on the biggest collection of players. Its quite stupid and annoying and we haven't found much of a way to deal with it besides knock out the floor below where the person spawns and/or just kill them until they run off or quit or change spawns.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I got one, but it was taken after we'd collapsed the center tower.

Also bonus weirdness from another server:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Archonex posted:

There doesn't appear to be anyone in the mumble, so I assume it's safe. However I had to reboot the server.

For some reason it was sending my graphics card into fits. The fan was running at top speed and sounded like the thing was about to burn out. Rebooting it now, but if it does it again I may need to spend some time figuring out the cause. Would rather not lose the machine itself. :wtc:

I can't remember where I read it, but supposedly the server client has a memory leak, so regular restarts of the server might be a good idea.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

How much TNT? And why were you carrying ALL of it in your hotbar?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Because there is so much potential.

That said, I do hope there is an update soon. Has there been any word about that?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Open the map, click on a star on the edge of the map (or a tent) then suicide and respawn.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Did everyone switch mumbles? Every time I've logged in lately the mumble channel has been basically empty.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

That 222 guy was back on the server last night shortly before I logged off.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Anyone got the names of some decent servers besides LLJK to go around on hunting Pubbies?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Loot is all random. Just keep an eye out for bags and stuff on the ground. If its early (a couple days) into a server's life looting the towns can be viable, otherwise just wander the out of the way places looking for bags and hollow stumps (many people don't seem to know stumps can hold loot).

I usually have decent luck skimming the map edges.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

simosimo posted:

High five tnt brudda.

Since my awesome cave was blown to gently caress [i knew it wouldn't last] I need a place to rest my weary head and start my blueberry farm again. Are goons losing interest in this, not many on at night and no one in mumble. I hope we can get a goon base going again. If not under Diers^^

It... it wasn't near "Senic Overlook" was it? I found a hidden base in the hill there, assumed it was a pubbie base, looted and trashed it.

Then I read in this thread Goons were keeping hidden hidey holes. :smith:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Honestly the hacking is killing any desire to play for me.

Maybe when (if?) that gets fixed...

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Haven't played in ages, what is zombie horde mode? "Defend a house from respawning waves of zombies" or something?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Trying out MP for the first time ever on this game, lol. Don't think I'm gonna bother with teamspeak though since I don't have it installed.

Please don't shoot if you see me. :v:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

A18 Stable Released.

https://7daystodie.com/a18-official-release-notes/

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

So when is the server likely to see a reset? I don’t really want one right now?, but it’d be good to know so I don’t start working on some grand scheme if there is gonna be a reset soon.

We’re past Day 100 now.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Maybe try the random blood moon days? :v:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I have no idea if it’s all in my head but one melee thing I’ve found useful before you get a lot of melee skill was to open the melee with a power attack aimed at the zombie’s legs. They’ll usually be knocked down or at least staggered.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Another nice thing about the sledge is it makes a good breaching tool. It isn’t quite as fast as an axe or pick but it smashes open doors nicely (with no worries about switching between axe/pick depending on material) and damages lighter blocks decently. You can even smash safes open at decent pace.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I’ve been tempted to chug a Forgittin Elixir and respec but geese, level 5 parkour is so fun for letting you do all sorts of bullshit. The pistol is also hilarious strong with a silencer plus pistol and stealth traits.

I just float through PoIs in my 109% mobility armor one shotting even Ferals and some radiated Zs with my pistol. I’ve killed well over a thousand Zs and never died on the server so far.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I have found 8 in my travels.

3 in the forest biome, 2 in the snow area, and 3 more in the wasteland on the other side of the desert.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

When the server does eventually get a reset, maybe you could give this Nitrogen map generator a try? I just gave it a quick spin and it seems kinda neat. The city I wandered into was quite dense compared to the default RNG while not being much larger it seemed. Also I didn't see any crazy vetical roads or terrain freak outs (though I did find a massive crack in the earth that ran for a couple hundred meters and was super deep looking, but that seemed an intentional map feature).

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?114207-Tool-NITROGEN-a-random-world-generator-for-7DtD

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

buglord posted:

Ditto on larger cities. I wonder if that has the option to place traders in more consistent areas, like in the center of town. Id imagine it might make quests less annoying since you wouldnt have to travel 2km to a factory.

The NitroGen does have options for traders, IIRC its "Random", "Near Cities", and "Far from Cities".

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I am good with Whenever, especially if we use the nitrogen thing because that seems pretty interesting messing around in single player.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

socialsecurity posted:

Think I broke the game for myself, realized that if you left mid quest it will reset thus allowing you to reset the POI again, found a tier 4 quest with like 30 bookcases and 2 hardened chests I can clear in about a minute and kept doing that reset loot until I maxed out all the book volumes and have basically all the gear I could ever want.

I thought the mission failed? I certainly had missions fail if I went too far away from them after activating the ! marker.

Nitrogen certainly makes denser, cities. And it at least uses the high rises, this city has both Dishong Tower and the bigass Crack A Book Tower. Plus a prison, city hall, police station, lots of business, a few apartments, some ruined buildings, and various houses on the edges. Two military missile silos along the perimeter too. With cities like these the loot would be nuts unless the regen period as turned down.

These default size cities too, there is a Larger setting though it doesn't seem to make it too much larger.

Another nice thing about NitroGen is that the Burned and Wasteland biomes can be turned off depending on settings, cause no one likes those (and even when left on, they're largely just small patches here and there, with the wasteland one being large craters typically)

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Nov 3, 2019

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

quote is not edit?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I keep telling myself I'll do something other than Agility when the server resets, but drat, Parkour is just too good to give up!

The downside is stealthing PoIs takes forever, rather safe though, but part of me just wants to rambo it up with a shotgun and sledge/bat.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Blood Moons get kinda crazy with ammo expenditures. Day 14 blood moon, game stage ~60, and I ended up killing almost 200 zombies and expending close to 500 rounds each of 7.62mm and 9mm.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

PowderKeg posted:

So what does everyone think about a server reset this Friday around 6pm EST?

Cool. Going to try NitroGen?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I’ve always kinda wanted to try a mode where there is no blood moon just a LOT more zombies wandering around, especially in towns/cities. Also more of the random heat-map based wandering hordes.

Constant smaller threats a non cheesy or massive base might be able to deal with rather than an absurd weekly assault you end up spending more than half the week recovering from (repairs, gathering resources, etc).

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Vultures are also worth about 30 feathers too!

That said for rotten meat you can always gather the roadkill.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Is it just me or are baseballs bats stupidly rare? I've found decent numbers of steel sledgehammers, a few machetes, steel spears, and steel knuckles, but I've never found a single baseball bat, I think. Which sucks, cause I like clubs.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Yeah but it also takes steel to make which often isn’t practical at low levels, though I guess you can always buy it from the trader.

Given the material requirements go up with quality level/skill, I wish there was the option to make a lower quality item in exchange for spending less resources.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Apparently there is a console command called "Showswings" that creates a visual representation of your last melee swing. Kind of interesting, and helpful to know for learning to aim a bit better.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

All melee attacks I checked have their arcs pass through the crosshairs but they can also strike outside of it. A surprising number of them are diagonal arcs so you might miss if the target is off from your crosshair.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Honestly I mostly stick to my bat for killing most zombies. Even small groups (2-4) are doable since I just power attack their legs and leave them knocked down and or limping while I bash another Zed. Parkour, even level 3, is great for letting me use terrain to keep distance and disengage/reengage at my leisure.

The only time the broomstick comes out is large groups, multiple ferals, bad/tight terrain, or Rad Zombies (who seem to be resistant to knockdown).

Has anyone tried shotgun slugs? I’ve definitely noticed my shotgun struggles with armored military zombies and the demos, but the handful of Slugs I bought/looted didn’t seem to do much better (I still lack the ability to make
My own cause Shotgun Messiah books apparently don’t exist for me).

I haven’t yet given one of the big PoI factories/skyscrapers a go yet, maybe I’ll do that today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

PMush Perfect posted:

There's also the awkward post-bicycle but pre-minibike position where I sprint-pedal everywhere instead. (And once I have gas I just floor it everywhere.)

For the bicycle you can hold shift and steadily tap the W key to maintain speed and you’ll basically go 95% of the speed of holding W down but use practically no stamina.