Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
The game is :10bux: on steam, so I brought it! But it seem everyone are bored of this version now. :(

I joined the goon server anyway and have been building my home cave at the upper bottom of a large oval cliff facing the sea. No problem with zombie so even when i attracted the horde above that are probably going to fell into the sea. Going to add a few spike around the entrance wall against crawler, but i imagine their AI will panic hard on the shape of the cliff. Planning to eventually seal off the entrance and dig a path down to the sea instead.

Also didn’t see any update progress post, so here it is:

quote:

A17 Feature List: Updated as Madmole reveals them!

Vehicles Overhaul
+New Physics
+New Vehicle: Bicycle
+New Vehicle: Motorcycle
+New Camera Controls
+Shift button to increase Torque on Bicycle for uphill speed
+Space bar to bunny hop on Bicycle
Sleepers 2.0
+Vulture Sleepers
Dungeon POI 2.0
+Environmental Hazards
+Zombie Closets
+Climbable Trellises and/or Vines
+Backstories for many of the POIs
Player Motion Captured Animation
+Separate male and female movement styles
+Power moves for melee combat
Weapon Overhaul
+Replace gun parts with attachable modifications

A17 Changes and Fixes List: Updated as we learn them from the developers!

Maple Forest given an autumn colors palette
Every biome remastered for Unity 2017
Game Engine update to Unity 2017
Removed player collision from yucca and aloe to improve travel
Replace houses in Diersville with dungeon style POI houses
Super thin XP indicator bar added to HUD directly above the toolbelt

Dropped Features: Served up with total disappointment...

Behemoth
Ziplines
Looks like A17 is focused on graphic overhaul with Unity 2017. Motion capture and power melee move should be fun.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Nov 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I don’t know what that is, but considering the normal zombie have shitload of hp, i would imagine you can only realistically kill it with rockets.

Btw, i found an artifact box in my SP game that is a purple club that can crush block easier anf murder zombe in a few hits! 250 durability will last me whole game! :black101:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Mr Hootington posted:

It was an end game zombie built to destroy bases.
As long as it doesn’t start digging on top of my hill cave, it should fall into the deep sea to wonder forever with those other dozens of zombie.

Are those zombie in the sea ever going to despawn or die?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

This is the thing I found. Actually have half its dura when I found it. Makes grinding for mats and making cave so much more enjoyable and murdering zombie in melee more viable. I pumped more to blunt weapon skills and make this as strong as possible. It use Small Rock to repair, goddamn.

Kill the Snow Lumberjack Zombie in under 15 hits.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Oh, welp. That shows me being a noob.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Trip Report on my cliff home that is facing the sea: :banjo:

After a long of trial and error, frustration with water physic and stairs, I risked a bit with longer stairs for me to be able to swim up. The terrible heck job also makes it look like a Japanese Shine. No one ever landed on my roof... Yet. I am convince the walker AI won't take the risk of long fall. I might be too low level to get spider zombie or flying one yet, but those won't be a problem once I seal it off and tunnel down into a sea entrance eventually.

I also just realized this is actually one of those cave spawn dome.

At the very, very far end of the dome are these zombies attacking the side to get me... in a few years time. Maybe Behemoth could get to me in a week or so? But I would probably lure it into the deep sea and let it die in the sea grave.

Some braver one during bloodmoon went closer and now all dozen or so of them are now farmable zombies bodies on the sea floor! :aaa:

The 'chopped' out water block are somewhat concerning, but they only took out like 3 straight water/rock blocks at its deepest after a week. I could patch up all these hole easily in half a day or spike down the path.

Anyhow, the proof of permanent safe-house might be a reality? I think only water-type zombie can ruin it, but there aren't any water zombie yet? :confuoot:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:siren: Two new feature and one update added to Dev Blog :siren:

quote:

Weapon Overhaul
+Replace gun parts with attachable modifications, compatible with buff and skill frameworks

Buff Overhaul
+Replacing old buff system with a more robust and optimized framework, designed to work with items and progression with events that can proc during a buff's lifetime.

Progression Overhaul
+Replacing old skill system with a more robust and optimized framework, also designed to work with items and buffs.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

NEW VIDEO :flashfap:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Looks to me the game is back on track now with sturdy progress, so it's all good to a recently joined fan like me.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Just want to report that crushing a tree down at lumberjack will instant kill it. :allears:

Edit: which gives me an idea of planting tree around my house and chop them down at zombie during wave

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

xzzy posted:

I assume a tree can crush me too, but I haven't pulled it off yet.
Same here, i tried running under it but it never hurt me. I imagine it’s some temporary immunity from the chopper.

Other trip report:
I tried to build an internal moat from inside the house with a flooded basement, ended up sanking the whole floor. Decided to build one short wood bridge extending from one side of the wall and survive blood moon.

I was expecting the zombie to crush through all the wall and sunk down into the flooded basement, but they all ran toward the side of the wall where i extended the bridge. So i can focus fire on one side and survived the night.

It’s also funny to see a bunch of them spawned behind/inside(?) a giant rock, so they spend most of the night carving through it instead of walking around it.

Water Moat is best defense. Screw building expensive wall.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I usually collapse the ground in circle, which they will usually drag down more block next to it. The collapse always stopped at the revealed chest for me.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Spudalicious posted:

I'm getting established on a very active PVP server - The Wicked Clowns PVP Belt Drop. If anyone wants to come guerilla warfare other pubbies with me, hit me up on steam
I would much prefer a locked goon server with 25% dura and no spawn, grind our own goon castle, then open it to let pubbies come in for our target practice. Set it back to default setting of course.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

i figured how to edit the xml to up the level cap of skill and characters with corresponding effect gain.

We could go with War of the Walker Mod for goon server. Tungsten, more food, lockpicks, custom buildings that actually defensible, etc. it's good.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

New info:

- Enemy HP bar added to HUD

- Small decorative pipe set added

- Window trimming added

- Players now look up and down and always appear to be breathing

- “Helper Blocks" that visually show whether containers are empty or lootable

- Random loot containers to make each POI unique for where loot may be

- Whole guns instead of parts in loot containers

- Weapon quality determines how many mods can be attached

- Mod quality determines how much it affects the weapon

- Cool new group quests

- Dynamically spawns a boss to guard quest objective

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Here’s my mod impression:

- Valmod: Good class system and class quest. Lots of skill boost book. Great for single player or scavenger playstyle. Best food creation recipe imo because it can make meal out of can food with plate.

- Wotw: Long chain of class quest with very hard objectives. Class store and vending machine (found or as reward for completing class quest) makes it really easy to get some basic materials. Many type of workbench and forge. Balanced needs of base builder and scavenger because class paper can only spawn at certain chest. Higher tier of base game items.

- Raven mod: it keeps spawning zombie behind me like 10 times in a row, it’s ridiculous especially when you are the only person in the server or SP. lots more ‘realism’ ingredients to make even the simple stuff. Very hard to make base-crafting item without committing to builder. Pro-builder mod.

- Undead Legacy: Best custom Ui of all mod. Added a poo poo ton of trash item, but done very well with them. Things like Lcd tv can be broke down into multiple components. Biggest 80 slots backpack mod, you will need it if you want to horde trash. Didn’t play enough to know which playstyle is best, but seem to be both.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Jan 15, 2018

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Zombie are spawn some distance from the player. How strong the zombie will become is determined by that player’s current lv, number time of death, how long it survived, game difficulty, etc.

It’s possible there’s another high lv player near you and caused high lv to spawn. That’s why i am hesitant to join server that have passed many game days. Only server admin can spawn zombie and stuff.

Until you figure out how to deal with zombie or properly equipped, it’s best to run from it, but watch out to not break your leg from long fall.

About half the mod out there are intented to make the game harder or crating more realistic with additional custom components and new custom thing they made.

Try playing in PVE server and ask around for someone to help you out. If you are lucky, they might take you into their base and hand you some nice weapon and armor.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

How did you all deal with all those spawn behind-you zombie BS in Ravenhart? :psyduck:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

NEW INFO

Jeep confirmed. It an crush block with it, and each wheel have its own individual suspension. The wheel itself can also crush stuff, and more speed = more damage. The vehicle can bump over rock and small objects now.

New Stealth related display bar with as of yet unknown functions.....

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

This is why I prioritize Fast Eddie to increase the search speed and hasten scavenger skill lving. It saves so much time that i can loot more buildings per day.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

AtomikKrab posted:

How do you treat loot, leave it in place? central storage area? toss into the ether? sell?
I mod my backpack to have 70 or 80 slots.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

There’s a lot of PvE server, i am in the Wotw mod official beta server.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Gold Machete shouldn't drop anymore and can only be crafted. The mod is intended to add higher tier stuff from the base game, so it is more of a base builder wet dream, and makes things easier once you reach those higher tier item. The class system is... not bad if you work with friends. Otherwise it would be a bit grindy. Might be great for single player mode though, it have a lots of cool poi and custom stuff.

As for Ravenhearst, I liked what I see until zombie start spawning 5-steps behind me like eight times (I turn around 8-ish time on the same spot with back facing a wall) and it's almost impossible to salvage.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Hmmm, I might give that a look again. Hopefully they fixed the issue where your bag contents would vanish if you were carrying over 32 items.
No problem with this while I play it with others.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Or edit it from existing mod to our preferences.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

enraged_camel posted:

Imagine this though: if the devs made it so that the more food you hoard in one spot the larger and more frequent zombie attacks became, to the point where having containers full of meat stew attracted several hordes from different directions simultaneously, players would be encouraged to build several smaller bases (safe houses, if you will) scattered throughout the map and move between them regularly, as opposed to one big boring base.
This IS a thing in previous ver. A17 have zombie’s Smell detection temporary disabled.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I guess we could edit it to how far smell realistically reach.

There is a mod that i think reenabled it. It have a wrapper to wrap meat to prevent smell.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Btw, I heard your bed is the thing that have an anti-zombie spawn zone, not your base.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Or let the jeep be your home.

We might get that gyrocopter too.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

It’s possible to change the inventory size. Many mod have it as an optional package.

Edit: also individual item stack size

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Mar 8, 2018

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Fayk posted:

Yeah, it just sucks as a baseline, and changing it requires replacing or modifying a .dll file.
Yeah, here.

I got my .dll from another backpack mod. It works fine on valmod when i overwrite the dll and edit valmod’s xml to the larger size.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

New video with free key. A17 soon ?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Though if I had done something like that, I would probably just hire people to finish the game for me.
They literally are doing this now for A17. Hired some actual programmer that is getting things done.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Dev made a 9 mins video just to say the Estimate A17 release is MID JULY.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Death pipe works, not good for loot if the design is strong enough to destroy the body. Ideally, you stand under the pipe to kill off the surviving zombie and loot.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Zurreco posted:

More importantly, though, is that I really wanna play this again. I told myself I would wait for the next content patch but the itch is getting itchier.
Watch the latest video or play with mod.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Spear mod is great, but the same mod also makes many things harder... in fact, lots of mod makes the game harder.

For those who have a hard time with base game, i can only advise you to keep playing and git good. :agesilaus:

It’s possible to melee 1v1 without getting hit.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

First stage of infection can be fought off with honey, which can be found in those lootable treestamp.

Finding a town with phamacy would be more certain, but zombies. 🤢

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Nosfereefer posted:

[edit] i also keep finding handguns in toilets, which i can only assume is an american thing?
Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

The pistol spawn rate is a bit too high for toilet, but it’s rewarding for those who bother to search through the toilet for poo poo.