Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Is anywhere doing a running feature list for A20?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
What I've always wanted to do, and never really bothered with, is get one of those houses with the emergency bunker underneath and totally level the actual "house" part and build a new entrance.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Panfilo posted:

Bad skills and suggestions
Lockpicking: Turns out you can just bash safes open. Being able to craft lockpicks at rank 1 is kind of convenient, but it's easy enough to boost your block dmg as mentioned by people instead. The problem here is the scope of the skill is too narrow. The most obvious improvement could be the ability to open locked doors (assuming this is already available and I didn't notice). That would definitely save time. Now that we have key activated exits a rank 3 perk of it could be to 'hack' them so you can go in a POI the back way to go straight for the treasure room.

POIs already have 5 levels, so maybe just let skill level # unlock doors in POI level #

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Kibayasu posted:

Game stage is the same as it was before I think. Loot stage is still affected by level but according to the notes which biome you’re in, which POI you’re in, and which container can also affect it. So the final chest in a tier 1 POI in the pine forest probably won’t drop much but the final chest in a tier 5 POI in the wasteland will more likely have something very good.

So has the game now become finding the shortest path in and out of Wasteland POIs or is it worth doing a full sweep? I'm not at that stage yet but I rarely find anything worthwhile before the final chests, unless there are bookshelves.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

OgNar posted:

I think this was in earlier versions but removed.
Also the zombies could smell any sort of meat on you. Making you generate heat.

That's hilarious.

Man I hate when I accidentally leave a ham sandwich buried at the bottom of my pocket underneath 5 different guns, a sledgehammer, a shovel, a wrench and an entire motorbike, and attract zombie hordes to my position.