Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duck_King
Sep 5, 2003

leader.bmp
Been playing this since the sale, and I'm having a blast with it. I need to find some corn so I can make gas and have my auger go all day and night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck_King
Sep 5, 2003

leader.bmp

Jalumibnkrayal posted:

There is a corn farm in the northern part of the map near Coronado.

No poo poo? My base is near there. Thanks for the tip!

Duck_King
Sep 5, 2003

leader.bmp
Yeah, there are spider zombies, which have gangly limbs and can scale walls, brute zombies which take a bit more to bring down, and dog zombies, which are quick, scary fuckers.

Duck_King
Sep 5, 2003

leader.bmp
Has anyone run into an issue where the client cannot connect to a private server despite having the correct password? I can connect fine, but she cant. She's not dumb, and shes checked her capslock key, and has played on the server prior for several days now.

Edit: Disregard, she had the wrong IP.

Duck_King fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Nov 28, 2014

Duck_King
Sep 5, 2003

leader.bmp
So here's a question about the new update: Do current save games get the new buildings, or do you have to generate a new one? I run a small server with some friends, and we were discussing a reset if needed to get the new buildings, but we have a kickass fort we don't really want to lose right now.

Duck_King
Sep 5, 2003

leader.bmp
I think my favorite "feature" is the load bearing hay.

Duck_King
Sep 5, 2003

leader.bmp
I think a part of the reason the whole RNG crafting system is so frustrating for a lot of people, myself included, is that it's not so much an issue of being able to craft the coolest looking hat, but you can be completely and utterly hosed without the tools to defend yourself through no fault of your own, losing hours of progress. I ended up editing the horde XMLs and pushed them back to day 35 so we could have 5 minutes to at least keep a loving wall up for a single day to go out and look for supplies. I'm not kidding. It wasn't fun, it was just frustrating, and we still don't have things like the steel book. Before I edited the file, we got hit by a day 14 horde full of cops and those mean rear end elite zombies, meanwhile we're trying to fight them off with lovely bows and clubs. That's not fun at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck_King
Sep 5, 2003

leader.bmp

vrath posted:

So regular crossbow bolts work, but iron ones don't show up for the xbow.

Hold down the reload key. It will bring up a radial menu allowing you to select the ammo type. Took me awhile to figure that out too.