Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

Did I just step on a landmine or a booby trap, when clearing a house for the trader? :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Finally made it to my first night, after several aborted attempts while relearning the game (I haven't played since alpha 15) and I'm remembering how tedious those first few nights are. I haven't built a shack, the trailer I'm squatting in is too small to do any upgrades, I don't have access to a workbench or many raw materials, etc. I also need food, but the trader is closed and I don't want to go chasing after chickens or rabbits with running zombies.

Basically I can't do thing X to pass the time because I don't have thing Y, which I didn't get because it really needs Z, etc. As in, I don't have a permanent home, so I haven't started squirreling away resources, but I can't really carry much because I'm early level, so I don't really pick up resources, and so on.

Should I just restart, again? Or is there an easy way to pass the time?

Also, I had forgotten how lame those "dig up buried supplies" missions were. I can never figure out how deep the thing is or what a good method for finding the supplies are.

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Slow News Day posted:

Murky water is only water found in loot
Empty Glass bottles removed from game

Oh come the gently caress on. Really?! Why?

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

What the hell. I was playing Undead Legacy, just fine, then came back to it, today, to find that it wouldn't load at all. I've uninstalled, cleaned up, and reinstalled multiple times, only for the console to freeze on "WorldStaticData.Init needed 1.0s". Am I doing something obviously dumb?

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Slow News Day posted:

Yeah, I think the issue is that death has almost no consequence, beyond possibly having to recover your dropped items from wherever you died (which doesn't apply if you're using glass to get rid of infection).

There's of course something very dark and fitting about death being the easy way out in a post-apocalyptic setting! But I think devs should come up with a way to discourage players from it. Their original design where you got huge stat penalties was obviously dumb, but the current design is also silly.

Undead legacy gives you penalties to some of your action skills, that can in fact be a pain in the rear end. I haven't progressed through UL enough for a death penalty to actually make a difference, though, so I don't know if it's also similar to the original stat penalties.

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Is there anything that makes Undead Legacy less ... resource intensive? I mean, I get that tedium is its entire raison d'etre, but I was just wondering if I could tone it down a smidge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

If you like watching 7 Days to die let's plays, GNR's latest series is pretty good. Everyday at sunrise, he downs a forgetting elixir, and has to pick a new attribute to specialize in. He can't put skill points into anything else (with a few exceptions) so it's really forcing him to go into playstyles that he's never done, before.

On the current episode, he's high enough level that he's basically able to max out every skill in a single attribute, and will soon be able to start putting skills into the previous days attribute, as well.

I don't know what it is about GNRs content, but I find his stuff really interesting, he seems affable and goofy, without being awkward, is editing is excellent, and his channel is really growing and starting to get some attention. A definite recommendation, if you enjoy vegging out to watching somebody else really good at the game play for 45 minutes, a few times a week.