Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I just bought this and every time I try to start it, it says Failed to Start Game(Unknown Error). Anyone else have this issue?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Regalingualius posted:

I found this bit of advice on the Steam forum for the game after I ran into the same issue and wasn't getting anywhere with any of Steam's official troubleshooting options.

Thanks a lot. Everything seems to be working now. Other than random crashes, but I assume thats the norm?

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
When I play single player I can usually play without a hitch, but as soon as I try to play in the goon server I'll get random crashes to the point of it being almost unplayable. Anyone else get this?

edit: The map also only loads a little chunk around where I spawn. If I reach the edge of the loaded map and try to continue on I just fall through and die.

Ultimate Shrek Fan fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Jan 4, 2014

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Is the server down? I tried searching and manually adding

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Man, I can't win with this game. I upgraded to 64-bit windows, and now I cannot connect or even see LLJK in the server browser.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
So I've set up a pretty decent sized base over last night and today, since I heard there was no goonfort. If anybody wants to join in, its on the road to the left of the spillway just where the biomes change. Its impossible to miss. You'll need to be guided in though, some hacker was on and the only thing he did was plant hundreds of air filter mines

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I'm getting a weird thing with blocks and digging. My ladders are always on a corner and never on the face of the tunnel. And it's also loving with my hatch. Anyone run into this?

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

cxcxxxxx posted:

I may be stating the obvious here, but are you able to rotate them to the proper position you wish for? Left click will rotate them into alternate positions, same with the hatch bloc.

Nope, it rotates to every position except on a diagonal. It's almost as if the bricklaying grid is rotated from grid the terrain is on, if that makes any sense(I know it doesn't)

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Alabaster White posted:

That's because terrain blocks are diagonal, not square, like player-placed blocks. You have to carve out the blocks to each side of where you're placing the ladder.

So hatches on the ground are pretty much look like rear end then? Or am I picturing this all wrong?

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Poison Mushroom posted:

They have weird gaps at the corners, IIRC.

Yea thats what I was trying to hide so I guess it's not doable

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Turtlicious posted:

Hahaha holy poo poo.

That'd be kinda cool if you could get a flamethrower to torch bodies and be able to drag them away from you base too I suppose

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Drakenel posted:

This looks really cool actually. Almost like secret labratory ambience Or maybe crashed spaceship. You're decent at building that I'd probably just sign on to help you make something cool now that the game looks significantly less lovely. (Anyone still around from the days where it was blocky terrain? I remember that poo poo. :( )

I was, it worked better for some stuff, like putting ladders in the ground without having to build a 3x3 shaft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

PowderKeg posted:

Drop pack on death

This is terrible

JB50 posted:

You guys whine about the dogs entirely too much. They are basically the only threat in the game.

It's not a threat if you get attacked by a pack of dogs, it's a death sentence. Especially if it's when you just hop onto a server and have a stone axe

Ultimate Shrek Fan fucked around with this message at 19:10 on May 1, 2015