Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
Right now there is only a pvp-lobby a' la' battlefield/cod or other fps games (team deatchmatch with a few objectives, small teams). You earn money and buy weapons/armor, it's pretty rough when you start out with only the gun and nothing else, but once you get the shotty all is cool.

It's a really competent tactical'ish shooter though which shows great promise (net-code seems really good, the gunplay is very good, although it's kinda slow paced because everything is pretty lethal, except for the starter gun). Looks really good if they ever get around to making it more like stalker, which I hope, but who knows. The maps probably wont be DayZ sized though, more like Shadow of Chernobyl apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Well, I'm going to take a look at this since I adored STALKER and I'm getting a bit of an FPS itch again. Downloading the game now - are there any goons playing? Is it still active at all?

e: Having given it a try, yes there are players and yes there is lag. I can definitely feel the STALKER theme and the game is good when the server is kind - but sometimes it just plain isn't.

Corbeau fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Mar 26, 2014

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Yeah right now I find the pacing perfect and comparable to COD4. Occasionally you'll get some big firefights but there's quite a bit of sneaking and caution involved to win. I have debilitating connection issues though, I really hope they throw some new servers up because getting kills is extraordinarily hard when it shouldn't be.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
I'd def be down for stunting on some russkies. I'm not sure if there's a friends system in game so if you see someone with a username close to mine and playing like poo poo it's probably me.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
I'm Corbeaubm in game. And there are both a friend system and a party system.

Corbeau fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Apr 6, 2014

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Bought this, in as Demicol. The starting rifle can't seem to hit the side of a barn.

Edit: Ok, as much as I didn't want to use a shotgun, it's miles better then any of the starting weapons.

Demicol fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Apr 6, 2014

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Sent a friend request. I think. Never used the system before.

I've managed to go reasonably even with the rifles/carbines, but it's hard; the game's performance, including latency, seems to degrade over the course of a match. An easy shot early seems to become a chance shot late.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Demicol posted:

Bought this, in as Demicol. The starting rifle can't seem to hit the side of a barn.

Edit: Ok, as much as I didn't want to use a shotgun, it's miles better then any of the starting weapons.

I'm not sure how much has changed but the over/under shotgun with slugs out-cheekied pretty much everything

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
They just handed out ten thousand beta invites, so there's many more russians to shoot in their face.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I have to get back in this to see the changes. Is there an NDA? I'd love to stream it.

sakeyake
Feb 1, 2004

jabro posted:

I have to get back in this to see the changes. Is there an NDA? I'd love to stream it.

There's an embargo on all images and videos until open beta starts.

I just got in through the original lottery thing that I signed up for last April I think. Installing now.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

sakeyake posted:

There's an embargo on all images and videos until open beta starts.

I just got in through the original lottery thing that I signed up for last April I think. Installing now.

I just got in through lottery too yesterday. Installed the client, but I'm crazy busy between work and travel right now, not sure when I'll actually get a chance to play.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
Jump on the Camping the Stairs Mumble so we can get some goon games going.

DatonKallandor fucked around with this message at 00:20 on May 13, 2014

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Can I still pay 10bux to get into the beta? All I see in the shop is gold.

e: out of impatience I bought the 10 dollar gold pack thinking it would get me access and now I just have virtual rubles :v:

StabMasterArson fucked around with this message at 00:43 on May 13, 2014

Opinionated
May 29, 2002

I got in recently from the beta raffle. The game seems to have promise, but until they get some US servers it's painful to attempt to play.

Out of the 4 time's I've tried to play I could only get into a game once, the other times it just stuck me in a queue that didn't do anything. The only match I did get into was lagging pretty badly.

I'll keep checking back hoping it gets more polished.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

StabMasterArson posted:

Can I still pay 10bux to get into the beta? All I see in the shop is gold.

e: out of impatience I bought the 10 dollar gold pack thinking it would get me access and now I just have virtual rubles :v:

I just bought in two days ago, via the link in the first post. Brought me to the "instant beta access + 10 in-game bux" page.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Opinionated posted:

I got in recently from the beta raffle. The game seems to have promise, but until they get some US servers it's painful to attempt to play.

Out of the 4 time's I've tried to play I could only get into a game once, the other times it just stuck me in a queue that didn't do anything. The only match I did get into was lagging pretty badly.

I'll keep checking back hoping it gets more polished.

If you get stuck in a queue exit the game client, relaunch, and queue up again. You'll be taken straight to a match.

red state bait
Dec 9, 2006

DatonKallandor posted:

I just bought in two days ago, via the link in the first post. Brought me to the "instant beta access + 10 in-game bux" page.

Looks like it's changed, I don't see the Founders Packs anymore on the store page, just gold.

If people can't buy into closed beta anymore, maybe open beta starts soon?

I've been loosely following this game.. so I dunno what the hell I'm talking about

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

The front page says they stopped selling them today.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

That probably does mean they'll just straight up open up the beta very soon.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

jabro posted:

The front page says they stopped selling them today.

They failed to mention this on this website at the time and now are arguing with me to check my 'inbox' (which one??) and have escalated the paypal claim. I just wanted to play lovely stalker.

e: after a whole lot of confusing back and forthing with their Facebook guy, they finally sent me a code to play.

StabMasterArson fucked around with this message at 13:50 on May 13, 2014

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

So the whole "dress to represent faction" is really strange and russian. Having to pick up artifacts mid-match is pretty interesting though - they can probably do some really interesting things with that mechanic.

Edit: Ingame "DatonKallandor"

DatonKallandor fucked around with this message at 21:44 on May 13, 2014

Two Feet From Bread
Apr 20, 2009

I'm. A. Fucking. Nazi.

please punch me in the face
i love it
give it to me daddy
College Slice
Well, the lag seems to have gotten a lot better.

Sphrin
Apr 13, 2012
Bleah, I told myself not to get hyped for this game but I couldn't help myself after playing lost alpha a bit and now I can't buy into the game. Hopefully open beta hits soon but the few recent videos that have gone up have made the game look like its come quite far and once they add it the pve and co-op modes should be really awesome.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
Didn't know there was a thread about this game, in as 'Murderizer'. Just reached Tier 7 by looting scout boots post match, but I'll probably stick with Tier 6 and below until I get the rest of the equipment up to that.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Feindfeuer posted:

Didn't know there was a thread about this game, in as 'Murderizer'. Just reached Tier 7 by looting scout boots post match, but I'll probably stick with Tier 6 and below until I get the rest of the equipment up to that.

Yeah, I've found its best to stick with stuff from the previous tier at least until you unlock a full set of armor in the next. Otherwise you're just going to get hosed since your Uzi or whatever uptiers your entire gear level.

This thread really shouldn't be in PGS IMO, someone should get a mod to move it to the general games forum

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

If any of you are up for playing some Sweatermen (as I refer to this lovely title) - drop me a line here or on Steam.
I don't play this nearly enough after a long bout of ruining people around Christmas last year - but I've worked my way back to almost-veteran with the scavengers, and of course going for my old R700.
Steam is: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ameatpopsicle/
In game as DarkDobe

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I've been waiting for the international open beta to bump this thread, since the majority of goons seem to be in North America and the latency to the servers that are currently only hosted in Russia is terrible. Probably better to just have traffic here though, instead of me not shutting up about it in the STALKER thread. And I agree, this thread should be in Games, but I can see it being a closed beta qualifying it for PGS.

Patch 0.24 dropped recently that brought some notable changes. Animations are more sluggish and diverse (unique animations instead of generic ones) now, which was hard to adjust to at first, but I'm liking it now. Still some oddities, like picking up batteries can be a pain in the rear end now. They also released 2 new maps, both with a new gamemode. For the new maps, instead of seeking out the batteries that spawn in at random locations, they spawn in at set "charging stations" at random times. I actually liked finding the batteries so I don't like this new gamemode, it doesn't help that the new maps feel pretty Call of Duty.

I've been grinding quite a bit recently so I was happy when I got to the point that everything in the Fringe Settlers shop was available, then they go and add a bunch of stuff for higher levels with the new patch. :negative:

I'm in as Jehde btw. Also the SKS really owns.

Jehde fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Aug 12, 2014

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
So anyone got an idea what 'chambering time -X%' means with a pump action shotgun? One of my magical Remington 870 has -8% chambering time, I first assumed it would relate to the time it takes to work the action between shots, but it has the same firing speed as my other Remington 870. I guess it could relate to the reload speed, as that is not displayed in the stats... but than my magical PPSH-41 has its reload speed bonus stated as just that.

Edit:
Also my Sweaterman doesn't wear a sweater anymore. :smith:

...and he can't run cause all the gear is weighting him down,
but I just can't get myself to drop that awesome improvised air tank.

Edit2:
*ding* Level up and I can run again, fully loaded. :yayclod:

Feindfeuer fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Aug 12, 2014

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

How does the game pick your 'level'
Your highest item ranking? Or the average of same?

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

The game matchmakes based on your "equipment level", which is separate from your "character level", which is also separate to your "reputation level" for any given faction. Your equipment level is whatever has the highest equipment level out of your primary weapon, secondary weapon, ammo, torso armour, or pants. The game will bump you up an equipment level if you wear auxiliary armour (such as gloves and helmets) that's higher than the rest of your kit by finding an average. For example if your guns and main armour are of equipment level 5, and you wear a helmet of equipment level 7, it will probably result in giving you an equipment level of 6. Currently the character level has no function other than you get a skill point to spend each time you level up. Your reputation level for a faction determines what you can buy from their shop.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Has something happened recently to create this massive influx of players? I've been dabbling around in Sweatermen for the last week or so, and over the last few days, peak players has shot up from around 600 to 1400 at some hours - makes for insanely easy matchmaking, and I'm loving the influx of people! Just wondering what might have heralded this sudden flood of people.

Sphrin
Apr 13, 2012
I don't think they had a booth at PAX so maybe you are just playing during the EU/RU peak times which have a larger population.

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

Don't forget to source your quotes!
I was very excited when I got an email about being invited to the closed beta test today. Turns out, this game isn't anything like I expected. For some reason I thought it was an MMO survival game. It's just a boring lobby-based shooter a la World of Tanks. Welp, uninstalling.

Sphrin
Apr 13, 2012
Its a lobby based shooter for now, the MMO survival stuff is still being prototyped. They are getting the engine and mechanics working first.

The stuff already in is exciting but yeah unless you just want a Stalker flavored TDM you should just stay away till it gets much closer to release.

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009
Is anyone still playing this game?

I just got my beta invite so now I'm in the game as Koorisch if anyone else is interested, this game seems like one that would be extremely rewarding to play as a team instead of rus-pubs. :v:

:edit Seriously, gently caress playing this game alone, it's a nailpulling experience.

Koorisch fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Sep 27, 2014

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

On there as DarkDobe
And yes, the game is insanely easier with at least one teammate on voice-coms.

Add me on steam if you want to queue up together sometime - this goes for anyone here: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ameatpopsicle/

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Id like to check it out but there doesn't seem to be a reliable way of getting a key, because I guess they don't like money?

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

LumberingTroll posted:

Id like to check it out but there doesn't seem to be a reliable way of getting a key, because I guess they don't like money?

Odd... they were selling the keys in addition to their random lottery for about 5 bucks a while back?
Didn't realize that option was removed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
https://forum.survarium.com/en/viewtopic.php?t=4700

Clans have finally been integrated into the game, along with a bunch of new equipment to shoot others in the face more efficiently.

• Locked thread