Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
Did they ever add NA servers? I remember reading a few months ago that they were planning on doing that, and also that pings could get quite high for NA players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009

Tabletops posted:

Did they ever add NA servers? I remember reading a few months ago that they were planning on doing that, and also that pings could get quite high for NA players.

I don't think they have yet, there's still lots of ping for NA players.

It would be good if we could make a list or something on all the active players in this game, a Goonsquad would be nice to have since gently caress the russian pubbies.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I don't think they've said anything about international servers since this post in June, unfortunately. From their recent media releases it seems like they're still focusing on drumming up local support. I myself have been taking a break from gaming in general, but you can expect me to start playing again once international servers come around, if not before that.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
Luckily I play with a ~50 ping, thanks to me beeing located in central europe. Anyway this would certainly fit better in the general games thread. Even when the Co-op and open map eventually arrive they'd probably be more in size with regular lobby shooters and not a vast, massive multiplayer experience with 1000 of Stalkers Sweatermen running about. Plus, more people might actually stumble across this tread, for example the regular Stalker players.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Feindfeuer posted:

Luckily I play with a ~50 ping, thanks to me beeing located in central europe. Anyway this would certainly fit better in the general games thread. Even when the Co-op and open map eventually arrive they'd probably be more in size with regular lobby shooters and not a vast, massive multiplayer experience with 1000 of Stalkers Sweatermen running about. Plus, more people might actually stumble across this tread, for example the regular Stalker players.

Glad to see that Sweatermen has been adopted as the official labelling.

That said - if one of you was to start up a steam group of some kind, we could undoubtedly collect a good handful of fellow fanatics for some more organized games?
I might just do so myself tomorrow, if I'm not beaten to the proverbial punch. References to Sweatermen must be included somewhere in the title/description of the steam group of course.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Where is the steam group Mr.DarkDobe? :argh:

And more important, how will it be named? Sweatermen of Survarium? Stalker in Exile? Get ouf of here G.O.O.N.?

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Here it is:

Never Forget Your Sweater
NFYS
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/sweatermen

Took me a while to find at least a pronouncable acronym. (En-fis / In-fis)
Sadly the silly and or entertaining words are all taken.
At least NFYS sounds like it could be something vastly more complex than it is!

Toss me a message on Steam for invites.
Once you are in, anyone can invite anyone else, so it should go more quickly after a few people are included.

I can be found here:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ameatpopsicle/

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009
We only need 5 people to make a Clan, we still need one more dude.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch
I just got into the beta for this poo poo even though I don't remember applying for it, so woohoo I guess. I'll be the one more dude once it finishes downloading :v:

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Than give us your steam info so you can join our prestigious and exclusive little sweater club.

Also there is a SA-friendly grenade decal, it just dropped for me tonight. :unsmith:

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I'll join the clan for when I get back into this.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/jehde/

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

So what's everyones opinion on the rare equipment drops that give additional stat boni? It's old news, but it's still a viable point of discussion as those modified drops are much, much more common than they were in the original Stalker series, where we would maybe have one unique MP5 that differs from the rest while here we have a rather steady supply of modified gear dropping.

While first I was put a bit off by the whole thing I actually started to like it, it gives the whole thing a diablo-like loot hunting vibe. Especially since you can only modify one of those bonus stats with the new customization mechanics, so even if you can modify a weapon to better suit your needs, you'll have to keep hunting for one of those 3-stat guns (or hats, or pants) if you want a perfect fit.
While it dimishs the importance of the faction contacts, as those only sell vanilla stuff, I actually prefer to find the stuff I use in Stalker games over just buying them from a shop. So that's actually a good thing in my book.

e:
random screenshots cause I actually like the stalker looks and feel of the maps.

Feindfeuer fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Oct 21, 2014

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

I've never had a relevant statted item drop for me, so I cannot comment on the effectiveness of the bonuses myself.

It's always either something useless like one of the starter guns, or a gun from a faction I haven't levelled with, therefore cannot buy ammunition from.

The ammo lockout in particular is rather tedious - I love that there are 'upgraded' types of ammo you can buy later on, but the fact that I can't just buy basic rounds for a revolver, for example, is just dumb.

That said, sweatermen is still highly entertaining, and eats up a good deal of my time alongside Wizard Wars these days.

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009
Hey you jerks, put up your in-game names so we can send friend requests and get this Clan thing rolling.

I'm Koorisch, just as my forums name.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

And I am Murderizer in game, just as not my forum name, cause I'm an idiot.

but I'll catch some sleep now (or soon).

sleepy time for sweaterman.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/mycreditrating/

Invite me to the steam group nerds, my in-game name is the same as my forums name

Oglogoth
May 16, 2010

Daaaaarling~
Steam ID is Demonlord12, do we have a clan?

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

You got an invite to both my friendlist and the steam group. We don't have a clan set up yet, cause we rarely are on at the same time. We should maybe set a time where we're all online on a weekend to get the clan started cause you need 5 people online, besides the leader, to set it up in the first place.

Oglogoth
May 16, 2010

Daaaaarling~

Feindfeuer posted:

You got an invite to both my friendlist and the steam group. We don't have a clan set up yet, cause we rarely are on at the same time. We should maybe set a time where we're all online on a weekend to get the clan started cause you need 5 people online, besides the leader, to set it up in the first place.

Did you send the invite to http://steamcommunity.com/id/Demonlord/ Cause I didn't get any goon related group or friend requests recently.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Nope, I didn't. I send it to the only guy who came up when I looked up Demonlord12 on steam, which is some aussie guy. I send you an invite now and hope DarkDobe is not to busy and can kick the wrong Demonlord out of our exclusive clubhouse.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Patch 26a just got deployed, dropping the first two actual skill trees and refunding everyones skillpoints in the process. There also was a balance overhaul of a large selection of weaponry and the addition of some new murder toys.

full patch notes:

quote:

Version 0.26a

gameplay:
- Added a new game mode Team Deathmatch (TDM)
- Added a new mechanic to the leveling of the game character. At the moment only shooting and physical training branches are available
- Added support for multiple equipment profiles and the ability to change the sets of equipment in battle, while the character is dead
- Added melee kill missions for all factions
- Added weapon stopping power mechanics. The stopping power depends on type of weapon and ammunition
- Maximum portable weight increased up to 30kg;speed penalty now begins from 20kg
- Now when a leg is wounded, the player receives a penalty to movement speed - 10%, with the broken leg - 20%
- Battery chargers are physical objects now. They react to shots and can be pushed
- Added physical collision detection between players of different teams

Equipment and weapons:
- Armor-piercing bonus for 7.32x39 increased to +20%
- Reduced dispersion for all weapons
- Prices for equipment upgrade now depends on the level of equipment

Independent traders:
- Mosin Carbine: armor-piercing increased to 50
- PPSh, TT-33: armor-piercing increased to 25
- VSS “Vintorez”, SR3M "Vihr": armor-piercing increased to 30
- AK-74N: damage increased to 50, armor-piercing to 30
- PP-19-01 "Vityaz": damage increased to 40, armor-piercing to 20
- After the battle players can find the SOCOM rifle (12 level equipment);

Scavengers:
- OTS-02 "Kiparis", PM: armor-piercing increased to 20
- TOZ-122, Remington 700: armor-piercing increased to 45

Black market:
- AKS-74U: damage increased to 50, armor-piercing to 30
- UZI: damage increased to 40, armor-piercing to 20
- Winchester 1894: damage increased to 100, armor-piercing to 40

The Fringe Settlers
- SCS: armor increased to 40
- APS: damage reduced to 35, armor increased to 20
- Vepr, RPK: damage increased to 50, armor-piercing to 30
- UMP-45: damage increased to 55, armor-piercing to 25
- SV-98: damage reduced to 120, armor-piercing increased to 50, set the sight 1P69 "Hyperon"
- Set "Keeper": armor is reduced to 70
- 9A-91, VSK-94: armor-piercing increased to 30
- added to the Shop: PP-2000 (9 level equipment), automatic ASH-12 (15 level equipment), sniper rifle VSSK (15 level equipment);

The Renaissance Army
Fort 17: damage reduced to 35, armor-piercing increased to 20
- AKM, RPD: armor-piercing increased to 40
- SR-2M: damage increased to 40, armor-piercing to 25
- AK-74M, A-545: damage increased to 50, armor-piercing to 30
- Kit “Hammer-UM2”: armor reduced to 75
- added to the Shop: AK-12 (15 level equipment) and SVD sniper rifle (12 level equipment);

locations:
- Added a few extra passages/bypasses to Tarakanovsky Fort

user Interface:
- Most of the elements of interface redesigned
- In the description of a weapon we've added the display of the speed of transition into the aiming mode
- Added display of empty containers for artifacts in battle
- changed the statistics screen at the end of the battle, added more detailed information about obtained experience, reputation, money

bug fixes:
- Fixed installer, causing the inability to install the game client
- Fixed a bug that caused spontaneous double shot
- Performance optimization

Now get out of here Stalker and download that patch.

HardKase
Jul 15, 2007
TASTY
Oh hey this looks interesting you guys are still playing it?

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

I'm still playing it, yes, but there is no organized goon presence in the game and the few that play are scattered throughout the international timezones so there's no clan set up yet (you need 6 people online at the same time and a large stash of ingame cashmoney). Also there are no NA, SEA or EU servers, but you probably will have no problem playing it if you're located in EU territory, at least I am getting a ~50 ping from central europe most of the time.

e:
Currently it's purely a team-based shooter, the coop and free-play game modes are not released yet and probable will arrive sometime next year.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

I'll definitely be updating and playing this sometime over the holidays!
Always fun to crank the game up every few weeks and go on stalker murder rampages.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Added a few people

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Cerepol

and in game is the same

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

If you log into Survarium any day from today until January 7th you'll recieve a free christmas camo. It's kind of neat looking and free, so go pick it up and put in on a sweater.

Also the standard sweater is replaced with a christmas one during that timespan, featurng the same 'camo'.

There are also some discounts at the store, including a year of premium for $20.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

They just added a Tutorial that allows you to get some 100 premium currency for doing one match and clicking through some useful information. Also EU servers are coming in Janurary.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Looks like they've opened up some European servers finally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sb2cnO3I-Q

Probably still pretty laggy from NA but should be slightly better atleast. Less copn and cyka at the very least.

Jehde fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jan 5, 2015

Sphrin
Apr 13, 2012
Will definetly have to retry with EU servers, it was fun playing but having a 350+ ms ping makes shooting so much harder.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Sphrin posted:

Will definetly have to retry with EU servers, it was fun playing but having a 350+ ms ping makes shooting so much harder.

Also note rewards silver and gold for leveling

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

You'll get those rewards assigned if you leveled up before, so nobody is missing out for playing before the patch.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

I'm in the game and steam as HerpicleOmnicron5.

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009
Christ, I can't play this game without goons, the russians are godawful and i'm having a really lovely time trying to not lose all the time.

The Gasmask
Nov 30, 2006

Breaking fingers like fractals
I just started playing this, in game name is theGASMASK and steam name is A Slothful Bong.
Definitely enjoying it so far, it's very much Stalker influenced. Kinda janky control-wise, but I'm getting the hang of it.

E: Now that I have a few days in I'm having loads of fun and have pretty much mastered where to lead with sniper rifles. Still trying to figure out exactly why some of the shotguns and assaults don't seem to hit where I'd expect (I can aim center mass at about 15 yards, fire 5-10 shots while the target is stationary, miss every single one, then get killed in one or two shots as they suddenly notice me... shotgun is even worse, have missed nearly every point blank shot I've taken with them, or done the least amount of damage possible).

I heard in chat the update is apparently going live on the test server today or something, but I'm not a part of that so I don't know for sure.

Oh, and holy poo poo does this have a lot of weird crashes. Almost every TDM match will crash before it loads, then I have to deal with 3 subsequent crashes before I can finally get into the map, and today I had a game where I was destroying, then it crashed twice, and when I rejoined it was bugged (no one else was moving) until all of a sudden I got killed from nowhere and lost like 3 kills I had done before it originally crashed.

E2: lol

The Gasmask fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Feb 18, 2015

Gavinvin
Jan 3, 2013

Ambition is not a dirty word. Piss on compromise. Go for the throat.
So I've started playing this and its actually quite fun.

Steam ID and IGN is Gavinvin.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
If anyone else wants to hop on the Cheeki Breeki CS train, here's a link for my account. I'm not sure how many people it's good for, so first come first serve I guess.

https://account.survarium.com/en/referal/967C72DE5270FF5

The Gasmask
Nov 30, 2006

Starting a Clowns of Survarium (CoS) clan. I'm working on grinding to get enough silver for it, but the specific purpose is to use decals to make your character look ridiculous - poo poo like giant targets on your chest, the biohazard symbol on your butthole (it looks amazing), giant and angled decals covering 50% of your body, etc.

Have me and one other guy, need 3 more. in game is theGASMASK, so if you want in just friend me and let me know.

E: Aw man, I wish I had known about the referrals! I'm mainly grinding to get gold to do 1-3 day premiums, it woulda been nice to have a block of premium right off the bat. Still, the game seems to give enough gold in drops to cover it, and I seem to get random "Premium 50% off!" popups when it runs out so I don't have to spend real cash.

Once the new patch drops and I've had a little fun I'll probably toss some money to the devs that way. This game is definitely worth some cash even in the early beta phase.

The Gasmask fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Feb 20, 2015

The Gasmask
Nov 30, 2006

The more I play this the more I'm impressed at how sniper rifles are handled. There's some weird misalignment of the scopes/crosshairs at long distances (I have to aim at a persons chest to get a headshot, which is totally opposite of what bullet-drop would lead to) but it requires leading a target to nail a hit. I love being able to hit someone running at full speed across the map and the subsequent "HACKER!" accusations.

Also, the downloadable replays are great, it's allowed me to catch some of those "Oh god gonna make this shot, no way it can hit..." moments that I'm so fond of.

Here are two awesome headshots, both last second (in the first case literally) kills which I was certain I wouldn't make. First one is slowed down to 30%, second one is at like 10 or 20% to give you a clear picture of what happened.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wNtcrghvg8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gqT8RVZetM

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

HACKER! :v:
But seriously, I wasn't even aware there were downloadable replays, that's nice I think I'll have to look through some of those some time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

So how is this game currently? I bought it a year ago? When it was just a $10 thing but didn't bother to download it because I assumed it was lovely and was hoping after some development time it would be good. Is it good?

• Locked thread