Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

The Gasmask posted:

Finally got a research match again last night, first since Steam. Looks like people are hitting lvls 4-6 now, and I've been able to find games in that block under a minute now. I'm not sure where the level dropoff is since I'd already gotten to lvl10 on both Fringe and Army before the rep change, but it may be quite a while before the majority have leveled up that much.
I'm in the 3-4 range and the only matches I can get reliably are TDM. Hopefully that'll improve since I would like to try the other two game modes as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I've played like 30 games or so since the steam launch and I've only gotten the Battery capture like 3 times and I've never seen the control point one

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Does anyone know if they plan to wipe at the end of the current beta? I played this before it came to Steam but put it on the back burner because I didn't feel like going in too deep and have to restart.

Mordja fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Apr 6, 2015

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Mordja posted:

Does anyone know if they plan to wipe at the end of the current beta? I played this before it came to Steam but put it on the back burner because I didn't feel like going in too deep and have to restart.

Early progression isnt bad at all, it took me like 15 matches to go from 0 as bandits to halfway through their final rank

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

.28 Devblog is out

https://na.survarium.com/na-en/news/version-028-preview

Looks interesting, wonder how all that tiering poo poo is going to shake out

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
What worries me is how quickly you die - about as fast as any character from battle field or any other army man shooter. That's fine for this Death Match mode, but is this how it's going to be in the fee form exploration version? Just get clobbered by a dude with a sub machine gun on your flank and whelp.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Jack B Nimble posted:

What worries me is how quickly you die - about as fast as any character from battle field or any other army man shooter. That's fine for this Death Match mode, but is this how it's going to be in the fee form exploration version? Just get clobbered by a dude with a sub machine gun on your flank and whelp.

I take it you've never played any of the Stalker games? That's pretty much how it goes until you get an exosuit/artifacts or mod the game. It's kind of the spirit of the game-with the anomalies, random monsters, other players, etc: it's not about if you die, it's about how long you manage to survive in between.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

Naturally Selected posted:

I take it you've never played any of the Stalker games? That's pretty much how it goes until you get an exosuit/artifacts or mod the game. It's kind of the spirit of the game-with the anomalies, random monsters, other players, etc: it's not about if you die, it's about how long you manage to survive in between.

Except that stalker games are single player is this is multiplayer - aint gonna be no quick load key. I think what's more telling is I've never played any Day Z style game, so maybe I'm just not set for the amount of bush wacking that's going to happen.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Jack B Nimble posted:

Except that stalker games are single player is this is multiplayer - aint gonna be no quick load key. I think what's more telling is I've never played any Day Z style game, so maybe I'm just not set for the amount of bush wacking that's going to happen.

Same concept, different name, really. This game has been advertised as "Stalker the mmo" so it will end up being that kind of bushwack action-that's why you have different factions, etc.

Speaking of, just saw that sZone is on steam? It's literally Stalker MMO, same engine and everything-anyone bother playing that? I'd hate to find out just how loving janky the xray engine is on an online basis, personally.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
Stalker had multiplayer, so it's not like the engine can't do it.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

DatonKallandor posted:

Stalker had multiplayer, so it's not like the engine can't do it.
It also played similarly to Survarium, except you bought gear while on the field and was pretty fun.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I tried like 5 minutes of sZone. Made my character look like someones dad spawned in and instantly got a headache.

It's loving atrocious

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747
So the Survarium site keeps saying that my native region is Europe. Is there a way to change that, because I'm not seeing the option. Would really rather not have to create a new account, since I have a bunch of stuff and some gold on it already.

E: Nevermind. Linked my accounts and I'm at level zero :suicide: gently caress my life.

Naturally Selected fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Apr 9, 2015

The Gasmask
Nov 30, 2006

Breaking fingers like fractals

So the Survarium site keeps saying that my native region is Europe. Is there a way to change that, because I'm not seeing the option. Would really rather not have to create a new account, since I have a bunch of stuff and some gold on it already.

E: Nevermind. Linked my accounts and I'm at level zero :suicide: gently caress my life.

That definitely shouldn't happen, I'd email support. It kept all my stuff, so something messed up in your case. From what I've seen they're decent about fixing these kind of issues.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

The Gasmask posted:

That definitely shouldn't happen, I'd email support. It kept all my stuff, so something messed up in your case. From what I've seen they're decent about fixing these kind of issues.

Yeah turned out I used an account I made like 2 years ago that I never played with :downs: But the feature to use a different account/unlink one account from steam is Coming Soon, per support. So unless I re-download the old client I'm stuck.

Although I gotta say, playing on NA servers has cut down on so many bullshit deaths-now I can almost always tell what I died from, unlike what was going on on the RUS servers. And since there's so many new players, just running around with a basic Kiparis means I top out scoreboards every time.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

And since there's so many new players, just running around with a basic Kiparis means I top out scoreboards every time.

lmbo

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

What the hell does +1 Pocket mean

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I think it means you can carry an extra grenade/medkit/etc. Either that or an extra mag.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747
MA KADURRRS.

Seriously though, after getting shoved into the depths of Russia from NYC, playing with a ping that hovers around 20ms is amazing. Even in lv 7-8 matches, I'm doing twice as well as I used to, just because I can actually hit things reliably and see enemies when they round a corner, not half a second afterwards.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

NYC, playing with a ping that hovers around 20ms is amazing.

drat, yeah servers are definitely east coast.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Jehde posted:

I think it means you can carry an extra grenade/medkit/etc. Either that or an extra mag.

I have the same amount of ammunition with or without this +1 Pocket Capacity thing and I can't bring a second grenade.

EDIT: Holy poo poo nevermind I can actually bring a second usable item, I just didn't notice the empty black bar I had to click on to fill it. Jesus this UI is loving awful

Bolow fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Apr 11, 2015

The Gasmask
Nov 30, 2006

Bolow posted:

EDIT: Holy poo poo nevermind I can actually bring a second usable item, I just didn't notice the empty black bar I had to click on to fill it. Jesus this UI is loving awful

The UI is responsible for like 3/4 of the complaints in this game, it's amazing. Nothing is clear, so even figuring out how to add ammo to a gun or upgrade or modify is strictly trial and error. The questions I get in chat just shouldn't happen, when you have new players who can't figure out how to play because you need to set the ammo first you know you've hosed up.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Just hit Sergeant in Ren Army, bought some cool Sokol gear and the SR-2M and the queues have literally ground to a halt now :negative:

The Gasmask
Nov 30, 2006

I'm hoping they change how the MM stuff works, right now I have to use lvl10+ equip to do the missions, which means I'm getting matched against complete noobs most of the time - except for my last 2 games. Don't know if it's because someone was downloading something at my place or what, but even though my ping said 30 I was getting tons of phantom kills and it felt like I was moving through molasses. Like it used to be! Reminded me how much I don't miss that, as really all I could do was rage as I unloaded a full clip of PP2000 into someone at like 30m, had a kill indicator so I went to reload, and had a "huh??" moment when they looked at me for a full two seconds then got a clear headshot :(.

I'm guessing medkits also play into these situations a lot more now that they're instant, but you'd think the game would withhold a kill indicator until the party is actually dead - I'm thinking it shows when you've done a certain amount of damage (100), but if they used a medkit when they were down to 30 life and were able to get up enough before more bullets connected, the game would tell you "Oh, they're totally dead!" when they're not. Seems like a side effect of server-side calculations for actual damage, but client-side for what it displays before the results get back from the server.

Megafunk
Oct 19, 2010

YEAH!
I am so happy I got a Remington 700 in a drop way before I can actually buy it normally. This thing oneshots just about everybody at medium range.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Bolow posted:

Just hit Sergeant in Ren Army, bought some cool Sokol gear and the SR-2M and the queues have literally ground to a halt now :negative:

If you have the silver (or even a few hundred gold) to spare - Buff up an SR2M With 10% fire rate, and enjoy 16 rounds per second glory.
The gun is a hose of death - oft scoring headshots at extreme ranges, and nothing else can outdo its pure damage for close-up fights.
It does suffer from a tiny magazine, but the simple fact that you can just vaporize someone by looking at them, and the decently quick reload, make up for this.

The Gasmask
Nov 30, 2006

Megafunk posted:

I am so happy I got a Remington 700 in a drop way before I can actually buy it normally. This thing oneshots just about everybody at medium range.

I'm at gear lvl 11 and still use the Remington 700/PP2000 exclusively. Though it's bolt-action, it's got one hell of a punch and with a distance mod can OHK people pretty much anywhere on a map. Best aiming technique is to strafe side to side on level with their upper body, and click when it's right over them. It creates a moving target so they can't hit you as easily, and since 90% of people will be crouched and standing still hitting them is very easy.

E: I wish I could enjoy the SR2M, but the sights just don't work for me. They feel too blocky, and I just do so much better with the PP2000. Hoping 0.28 brings some sight changes since at least 2 of the guns have their sights off to the left of actual bullet projection.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747
So many weapon sights just suck horrendously. They really need to get on the attachment system, cause you pretty much need a red dot or holo for those irons to be any good.

Also don't go on the game forums, you'll end up with your eyes bleeding. Holy poo poo the amount of whining and ~righteous outrage~ that goes on there, especially over premium weapons (which I have yet to come to fear in any way-come up a few times against dudes with gold VSS/Saigas/AKs and at worst I end up even with them :confused: Rather go up against that than lvl 13-15 dudes rocking VALs and VSK-94's. Now THAT poo poo is scary when you're rolling with an SR2 and level 5-6 armor.)

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I swear the SKS sights are loving worthless, because I have an Orange quality SOK-94 that I can wreck the poo poo out of people with but I can't hit a goddamn thing with the SKS

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Bolow posted:

I swear the SKS sights are loving worthless, because I have an Orange quality SOK-94 that I can wreck the poo poo out of people with but I can't hit a goddamn thing with the SKS

A lot of sights are horrible, which is not helped by the muzzle flash/smoke that most weapons have. That's why I rediscovered the UMP-45 and am currently wrecking poo poo with it: it's controllable as all hell, and there's almost no muzzle flash, so you can just point it at someone's upper chest and let the second round headshot them.

Then again, maybe it's just my usual preference for slower-firing but hard hitting weapons showing up. I swear, any game that has a full auto G3/FAL/SCAR-H, they become my best weapons.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

So my queues are either 10 minutes long where I get thrown into a Rank 0-2 match and curb check everyone with my SR-2M and lose anyway because my team is loving terrible, or I get an instant queue into Rank 15 match and get passed around like the prison bitch

Level 8 is a weird level...

Bolow fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Apr 13, 2015

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Bolow posted:

So my queues are either 10 minutes long where I get thrown into a Rank 0-2 match and curb check everyone with my SR-2M and lose anyone because my team is loving terrible, or I get an instant queue into Rank 15 match and get passed around like the prison bitch

Level 8 is a weird level...

That's been my experience. SR-2M is impossible to matchmake right now, evidently.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

That's been my experience. SR-2M is impossible to matchmake right now, evidently.

I usually que at level 8, using SR2m and the other level 8 kit, with a secondary loadout running the Remi.

It was decidedly less unpredictable before the NA server change-over, I do admit.

The high level games become quite reminiscent of the OLD early game, where you started with only a pistol, and had to rely on ambushing and execution styled killing to make any headway - the SR2M can still vaporize armored folks, but you must catch them with their pants down.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Things pubbies say (well I guess they were in a clan together?): "Go play COD if you want to run and gun. This is a camping game." after the 5th time I ran up to them with an AK.

MVP'd by a 100 points or so by never stopping for longer than it takes to change a mag.

The Gasmask
Nov 30, 2006

The flow of this game is different, even when you're camping you need to be searching for active threats and planning your next move, so unless it's a total one way stomp there's a fair amount of unbroken action. But new players haven't figured this out, so they're easy pickings.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

The Gasmask posted:

The flow of this game is different, even when you're camping you need to be searching for active threats and planning your next move, so unless it's a total one way stomp there's a fair amount of unbroken action. But new players haven't figured this out, so they're easy pickings.

Yeah I was just laughing at the comment, since I spent the entire match running circles around the map to constantly outflank everyone-this was a lv8 matchmake, too.

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
Played this for the first time, ended up with a 16 killstreak. What the gently caress. Ran out of ammo for the rifle so a few of those kills were with the pistol

kinda like it but I don't think I'll ever top that, might aswell quit now when I'm on the top :smugdog:

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Skilleddk posted:

Played this for the first time, ended up with a 16 killstreak. What the gently caress. Ran out of ammo for the rifle so a few of those kills were with the pistol

kinda like it but I don't think I'll ever top that, might aswell quit now when I'm on the top :smugdog:

Went on a 30-kill streak with about 10 melee kills. GOML, bitch.

It shoved me and my PP2000 against a team of lv0 guys, and 3 of them were AFK

This game does have those "holy poo poo did I just do this" moments. Had three guys jump around a corner while I was reloading, melee'd two and ended up dodging the third long enough to reload and kill him-that's never happening again.

Oh, also, bought the PP2000 and it really does have the best sights, along with ridiculously low recoil.

Naturally Selected fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Apr 14, 2015

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
Since it's a machine pistol, does it fit in the secondary slot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Gasmask
Nov 30, 2006

Yay, more pubbie stomping! Nice to hear goons are wrecking poo poo, I feel like this game has some of the most adrenaline-heart-pounding moments when you get into the zone (get it??!!)

It's the sweaters. They give us the power of dad-aim. Now if only there were cargo shorts...

• Locked thread