Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

:frogsiren: DON'T TURN OFF THE JUKEBOX OR WE'LL ALL MAKE FUN OF YOU IF WE FIND OUT. :frogsiren:
also Always Be Pyramiddin' or get murdered

Board Game Online! It's like a board game, but online! Also, there's not really a board. Roll dice, murder your fellow goons, and catch STDs -- but in a game this time.

Play it here!

Join this handy Steam Group to get notified and/or pointlessly spammed when new games start! :razz:

BGO's easy to play. Every turn you roll the dice and go through a random event, ranging from trivia questions to exploring a cursed pyramid -- and the outcome might affect you, your opponents, or everyone in the game! There are also classes, abilities and tons of items, all of which can be used in events or during other players' turns to gently caress people over in your pursuit of the finish line. It's like Sorry! crossed with Munchkin or something, and looks kind of chaotic until you get the hang of it. Just jump in and click things and kill yourself a lot, that's all I do and I actually sort of know what I'm doing.

A lot of this game's "humor" relies on ancient memes and dumb sex jokes, but if you can get over the fact someone apparently still thinks Rickrolling is funny in TYOOL 2014(!), there's a pretty fun game underneath with more depth than you'd expect from a silly HTML5 web game. (Accordingly, the pubbies in this game are really, really horrible. Thankfully you can make private games and never have to acknowledge them.)

... oh yeah, and there's a jukebox, featuring thousands of songs (real songs! ...and also awful brony anime songs.), pulled from YouTube, to choose from. Every new turn after the song ends, someone gets to choose a random song to play. Don't ever expect to hear good music on this. It's there, but we probably won't pick it because we hate each other and ourselves. You can also suggest your own awful poo poo to the Jukebox, assuming it gets through the rigorous user review.

Chrome and this game don't play nice. It will often crash in large or longer games (or whenever it feels like it). This game doesn't have any way to rejoin if you leave or your browser crashes, so if you want to risk that poo poo it's up to you.

So how do I play this stupid crap?

Well, first, you should probably register an account. You don't have to, but it takes like 30 seconds and some goons are assholes and kick guests (why? I don't know).

Every turn, you roll two dice (usually). Sometimes you'll get a roll streak, which is mostly random chance. Then an event of some sort happens, you do poo poo in the event, and then your turn ends. Repeat ad nauseam. Events can be all sorts of things -- visiting a shop to buy items, exploring dark caves or overgrown jungles are some options, or you might just fart and head back a couple spaces from embarassment. There are tons of events and you never know what you're gonna get. Sometimes you might use items to queue up a specific event for your next turn: a Wildcard: Shops, for example, will send you to a specific shop of your choice when you use it, or a Gun will let you choose to take a shot at somebody. But generally that's how gameplay flows.

There are approximately 90 million items obtainable, and most have multiple uses; read the tooltips carefully for a description of each one. There's also a rudimentary crafting system, where some items can combine -- either to create different, more powerful items, or with things like Magic Wands and Crystals, to charge them with a semi-random spell. This page has a list of every single item and skill but that's a hell of a lot to swallow so don't really worry about it. Some items can be used during events; this used to be mysterious, but now, if an item is usable it will generally pop up in-panel as an option. (Also you can use Hypno Glasses to immediately take control of a player's next action; you must use them during the exact screen you want to control, and then make the choice for them as if it were your own turn. Just doing a callout about them here since newbies tend to get confused.)

On occasion, you will die. That's okay! Everybody does sometimes, it's just how BGO works. Death lasts for 3 turns, generally, during which time you can't do anything and it's super boring and lame. But then you'll get back up and be alive again, ready to roll dice and do dumb poo poo some more (or get immediately re-killed, either/or). Ethereal Gloves will let you use items while dead, so keep an eye out for those; there are a few other items that you can use while dead, too. Occasionally while dead you may Reincarnate as an animal; this is moderately less boring as you can roll one die, but you are vulnerable to getting murdered again and cannot use items. Try and make choices appropriate for whatever you reincarnated as to earn Karma; at 4 Karma, you'll reincarnate again and be alive as normal. There's also the secret super rare Flying Spaghetti Monster afterlife, where you can roll like normal and party hard with the FSM.

The game ends when somebody crosses the finish line (in Classic Mode) or when the set number of rounds ends (in Sprint Mode). It's really variable how long any game will last: with only 4 players a 300-space game might take a half hour, or with a full 16 a 150-space game might take over an hour and a half. Of course, someone also might just get the Pharaoh's Treasure out of the Pyramid and win the game instantly on the second turn. It's really hard to say. So don't ragequit just because you've fallen behind early, or have spent the last ten rounds dead! It's not only lame as gently caress but there's an absurdly high potential for comebacks, due to the massively random nature of the game.

I used to play this! Why should I come back?

The devs are very active -- the lead dev, DyspropiumDy, actually quit their job to work on BGO (and other browser-based game development) full-time last summer -- and they add new content at a very frequent pace, fueled by donations (see the Donating section below). There's a donation thermometer where you can see what the month's goals are and what new features they're planning to add. Over this year alone there's been a ton of new content, UI overhauls and just general fixes that make the game more enjoyable to play.

They've summarized all the poo poo they added in 2013 in their Year In Review post but here's some stuff I'll call out:

- Massive UI overhauls for ease of play (tooltips errywhere! say goodbye to blindly picking classes!)
- Class overhauls/tweaks to make them more useful/"balanced" (debatable)
- Game of Thrones, Hunger Games, Adventure Time, Dr. Who, and many other pop-culture-themed reference events
- New shops! Wizard shop, rare Diss Card/Potion Traveling Salesmen, Jungle Shop, probably others I'm not remembering
- New events added, older events overhauled to be more fun/less stupid (The Jungle isn't 80% bad now!)
- A bunch of new items. Like, a bunch!
- Two new game modes, with more in the works! Boss Mode, where everyone teams up against a single, powerful player, and Sprint Mode, where the game lasts a certain amount of turns, rather than having a finishing space.

There are also seasonal events around the holidays, so that's always a good time to poke your head in and see what's going on. :)

Some words about CREATING GAMES

Game Mode: Choose between Classic (cross the finish line at X spaces to win) or Sprint (be furthest ahead after X rounds). Both Classic and Sprint have their merits, so just make whatever you feel like making.

Set the finish space/rounds and player cap at whatever you want. The more players you have the longer it'll take to get to that finish space, so a full-up 16 player game of 200 spaces might take an hour or more, or a 5-player 325 space game could just take a half hour. Keep that in mind and try to make your games a reasonable length -- somewhere between 200-350 spaces or 25-40 rounds for Sprint Mode is usually reasonable.

:siren: BE SURE TO MAKE THE GAME PRIVATE :siren: or a bunch of bronies with no sense of humor will come in and poo poo up your game.

Action Timer is how long people have to take moves on their turn; setting this lower is generally a good idea, since people will probably go AFK at some point and not having to wait forever to go through their turns is a good thing. You can kick people if they are idle for over 3 screens, but try to give them a good grace period, especially if they said they were going to go AFK. Starting Rupees is how much cash you get to start the game, higher is generally considered more fun so we usually put it at the max (25). Which "pick a class" you use is up to personal preference; you can choose between All Classes, Three Random classes, or Random Class. Completely random is a little bit gimmicky but the other two are all right. Instant Classes makes you get a class right off the bat, it's more fun that way so turn it on. Early Reinforcements gives everybody a random assortment of five items at the start, put that poo poo on 1st round. Wildcard: Shops is an item that lets you go to any shop, set it on every 10 or 15 rounds. Survival means you have to be alive at the end to win, it's usually a good idea to have on; Expert Mode enables a couple of the more interesting classes and items, and I have no idea why you'd leave it off.

Special Modes: Team Mode is fun as hell and Boss Mode is new and kind of weird. I'll effortpost about them both later, but Team Mode especially is really fun and worth trying. It makes you look at some abilities and classes in an entirely different light, and co-operating with goons is sometimes more rewarding than killing them. :3:

When posting a game, please come back and cross out the link in your post once you've started. It's common courtesy! (But do leave it in; people can spectate, and check how close you are to finishing if they're impatient and would like to play.)

SOME WORDS ABOUT DONATING

Board Game Online is 100% donor-supported -- new content gets added when tiers on the Donation Thermometer get reached. Donating doesn't just unlock new features for the game, though: you also get some nifty personal perks! Hooray for capitalism. There's a list of donor rewards here but I'll just sum up the most important ones:

Three classes require a donor's presence to be usable in-game: Illusionist, at €5,00; Lawyer, at €10,00; and Druid at €15,00. If multiple peoples' donation totals adds up to these amounts, the classes will be available; it doesn't have to be just one person.

€7,00 lets you set a suffix title for yourself in-game, which is kind of fun if you want to be "[yourname] the shitposter" or whatever. €10,00 lets you change your font style and text color. And at €20,00 you can choose what classes are available to play with when you create games, which is basically awesome. Hate necros? gently caress 'em, they're out. Want to make a gimmicky Priest-only game? Now you have that power. Hooray!

Donating also gets you BGO Coins along with the donor reward tiers, 1 euro = 100 bgo coins. BGO coins let you :iamafag: search the jukebox :iamafag: for any lovely obnoxious song you can think of, and assault everyone's ears with it if it's in there! You can also buy different dice graphics or tombstones with them if that's a thing you care about, or put a Message In A Bottle for the explore the beach event, which anybody can find and see the moronic thing you wrote. Even pubbies!

So yeah, donate if you want, it's worth it if you play a bunch and really enjoy the game. It's not strictly necessary though.

CLASS GUIDE

There are currently 14 different classes to choose from. You gain classes either through someone enabling "instant classes" when they create the game, and/or by sheer random chance during gameplay. You can gain more than one class, and this is awesome. No one class is entirely useless (though people will try to convince you otherwise), but some are definitely stronger than others or at leat more versatile. Here's my highly biased but more open-minded than everybody else's guide/opinion on all the classes.

ALCHEMIST
Passive: Brewmaster - immune to poison and most negative potion effects
Alchemist isn't the strongest choice for a primary class, but as a secondary it does a great job. Poison immunity is situational, but being immune to stupid poo poo like ninjas or bad potions is always nice. Concoct lets you brew most types of potion (but not, strangely, the ubiquitos Potion itself) -- good for pinch-cleansing of curses or combines with Holy Water, or stealing someone's No!-skill with Truth Serum. Transmute lets you turn items into 4-7 rupees, which is kind of lame but good for using up things like Pogo Sticks or used-up lightsabers, I guess.

ASSASSIN
Passive: Killer Instincts - When you kill someone, get a speed buff (+2 normally, +3 if melee kill) and your Assassin cooldowns are reduced by 1 turn.
Goons love to hate on Assassin because it's not the long-cooldowned game-ruiner it used to be, but it's a murder machine if things are densely-packed and you play your cards right. Sprint lets you run 3-10 spaces (you choose) forward, and Assassinate lets you jump to a player within 6 spaces of you; you'll kill them if they're Incapacitated, or Incapacitate them if they're not. Both of these work great in conjunction with things like lightsabers or hammers -- dual-classing as a Paladin-Assassin is a strong and viable choice for making sure nobody stays within 10 spaces of you, ever. Use a Wildcard: Shops to get to the Future Shop and snag a lightsaber and have fun slicing everybody in half all over the place.

BARBARIAN
Passive: Stamina - 7% chance per turn for an immediate extra turn
If RNG luck is on your side you can pretty much laugh your way to the finish line on Stamina procs, but they've toned down the proc a lot so it's not as likely as it used to be. Leap lets you jump forward/backward up to 10 spaces, good for escaping people or landing directly on them to murder/stick a teleporter on/whatever them, and Roar scares everyone around you away until they are 14 spaces away from you -- good for shooing people away for your safety, or boosting teammates forward. It's a fine class but not exactly the most interesting.

DRUID
Passive: Man Of The Wild - Move 2-3 spaces forward when shifting forms
Druid is a newer class and a little complicated. You have 6 forms to shift between (on a short (2 turn) cooldown), and each form has its own ability and I think a different passive? Human form has Entangling Roots, which makes everyone around the space that player was on skip a turn on that player's next turn. It's okay if everyone's bunched up, I guess. Bear form has Thick Hide which makes it immune to hammers and I think swords? and the active ability Maul which runs up to someone within 2 spaces of you and incapacitates them. Thick Hide makes this probably the safest form to hang out in. Snake form has Venomous Bite, which sneaks up to someone within 4 spaces of you and poisons them which makes their movement speed slower for a bit I think? Crow Form has Soar which moves you 4-6 spaces forward, use this when you're ahead and need to move even further ahead. Wolf Form has Growl which runs up to someone within 7 spaces and scares them back 3, I have no idea what the point of this is? Anyway Druid is okay, in small games the constant forward momentum from shapeshifting combined with the movement from most of your class abilities makes it really easy to get and stay in the lead, but I think in larger games it loses some of its shine. I'll rewrite this part to be more coherent later, I don't really play druid much.

ILLUSIONIST
Passive: Hallucination - 50% chance to dodge hammers/swords/lightsabers and move 1 space forward
Illusionist is a tricky class, but fun and -- though nerfed a bit -- situationally strong and very flexible. Grand Disappearance lets you teleport 10-30 spaces backwards, and then return back. Super useful if someone's about to shoot you or an event might cause you to lose a whole bunch of spaces -- just warp backwards before the damage is done, then return to your original space. Also you can set TNT and warp safely out of range, or warp backwards to do likewise when you're in the lead. It's cool. Magic Hat lets you store up to 2 items, which is basically a second inventory that's protected from fire and theft and poo poo. You can do things like shove a pair of Hypno Glasses in there to have two pairs of hypnos, or keep bits of the English Breakfast in there if you're trying to win that way. Deadly Illusion is the most hilarious part of the class: you can create a fake item and give it to somebody else, and if they try to use it it kills them. Keep in mind you can't use the fake item for ANY PURPOSE WHATSOEVER, including trying to sell it at shops, transmute it, etc. It's good for tricking newbies or causing confusion during a Reinforcement, or when someone goes AFK.

LAWYER
Passive: Natural Liar - No consequences for failing trivia events
Objection! is one of the most powerful skills in the game, tempered by its long as gently caress cooldown -- it immediately ends whoever's turn is going when you use it. You can save yourself from dying in the Pyramid or while falling from a Catapult, or make someone skip rolling altogether if you use it before they click. Sue makes someone pay you 10 rupees and skips a turn if they kill someone while they're Sued (and if they can't pay you, they die). Not the most useful thing in the world but a handy bonus, I guess, and if you know someone's poor, then hey. I don't like Lawyer as a primary class but you could do worse for a second class.

MERCHANT
Passive: Banking - +1 rupee/turn.
If you loving love items (and who doesn't?!), pick Merchant. It's one of the better classes, though it's not exactly exciting. Trade Routes lets you go to a shop and moves you forward a couple spaces. Great for getting to the Magic Shop for badass spells or Pawn Shop to get crap out of your inventory. Fair Trade lets you trade a random item of yours for a random item of someone else's, which is... well, random. Sometimes though this is really useful, especially during team games -- you can pawn your other items and trade a Teleport Activator to a teammate who's lagging behind, for example, so they can warp to where you're at. And sometimes you get lucky and trade your used-up Lightsaber for some other dude's Wizard Robes. You just never know.

NECROMANCER
Passive: Disease Aura - Enemies within 15 spaces get 1 stack of disease/turn, if they get 10 they die.
Perennial goon un-favorite class because its Disease Aura is annoying as gently caress, if you choose Necromancer be prepared for everyone to dogpile on you. It's a good class though, once you learn what you're doing. Necromancers' dirty work is done by their Undead Minions, which you can summon and upgrade using Soul Power. Get Soul Power by using Drain Soul on people and then killing them/having them die. The guide to what each Necromancer Pet does, and their upgrade paths, is here, saving me the trouble of having to type it out. The most useful minions are probably Risen Lords (disarms the people they whack for 1 turn) and Skeleton Thieves (steals 2-3 rupees or an item). You can have up to 3 Minions so choose wisely.

PALADIN
Passive: Auto-hammer - get a free hammer, automatically use hammer on anyone who lands on your space
A safe class, and very strong in large games. Divine Blessing cleanses up to 2 curses or diseases and gives you the Empowered Dice buff when successful, which gives you a guaranteed roll streak. Holy Hammer blesses your Hammer (and grants you a new one if you don't have your Hammer anymore), which makes your hammer whack people back like 20+ spaces, as opposed to the usual 5-8 or so. Combined with your auto-hammer ability this is fantastic, especially in dense crowds. Hammer of Justice throws your hammer at somebody and makes them skip-a-turn (or incapacitates, if you throw a Holy Hammer), and you lose your hammer when you use it. Sometimes you might want to get rid of your hammer to use a lightsaber or teleporter or whatever, so this ability lets you do so without it being a total loss. I think Paladin is a good class for newbies; safety from others standing on your space and the ability to cleanse status effects is never a bad thing to have. Pair with Assassin, Incubus, Druid or Barbarian and jump to other peoples' spaces to knock them the gently caress back and make them hate you a lot.

PRIEST
Passive: Faith - 20% chance/round to come back to life early when dead
Priest is basically my favorite class, though it's not the flashiest. Time spent dead is boring and wasteful, so 20% chance per turn to pop back up is way better than it might seem on first glance. Resurrect lets you -- obviously -- rez people (great for team games) or, if cast on someone who isn't dead, gives them a 1-turn long Ankh of Resurrection. There are tons of occasions when this is great, because you can put it on yourself! Throw it on in the pyramid and live through one death in there. Cast it on yourself and use Dark Sacrifice or a Hellfire spell. Blow up a grenade and murder someone standing on your space, but survive. I could go on! Dispel Magic does what it says on the tin, removing a harmful spell from allies or a helpful spell from enemies. Hover over tooltips to make sure the thing you're trying to remove from yourself is a Magic Effect and not a disease or a curse. Using it on enemies is great too, you can rob people of their precious Magic Stars or even the super-rare Overlord buff. Good times.

QUANTUM PHYSICIST
Passive: Quantum Uncertainty - move 1-3 spaces backward or 1-5 spaces forward every turn, randomly
The randomest class and also one of the most fun, pairs well with pretty much anything but especially classes that give more items like Alchemist and Merchant.Multiversal Flux randomly transforms one of your items into another item. You can get crazy poo poo like Super Coffee or Magic Stars through this! ... or something worthless like an EMP Generator. It's completely utterly random. You can also use Global Multiversal Flux instead, to transform everybody's copy of that item into a random thing. Don't want people hypnotizing you? Zap Hypno Glasses and get rid of them from everybody. Schrodinger's Box makes you immune to death for 2 turns, but after that you have a 50% chance to either live or die. Being able to put off an immediate death (or if you're lucky avoid it altogether) is never a bad thing.

SABOTEUR
Passive: Shift - if someone is less than 5 spaces ahead of you after you roll, shift spaces with them
Saboteur is mostly just okay, but in the new boss mode it's pretty ridiculous. Hinder progresses through a list of various annoying things, doing a different one every time and then repeating. The order is thus: Disarm for 2 turns -> Skip-a-turn -> Lose an item -> Blind for 8s -> 5 space knockback. It has a 2 turn cooldown so you can just keep doing this stuff. They're all situationally useful abilities to have, but the Disarm is probably the best one. Sabotage wrecks someone's activatable item (glue mine/teleporter/explosive sheep/TNT/spider mine) and knocks the owner back 3-6 spaces. It's good to save yourself from things like spider mines, mostly.

SORCERER
Passive: Mysticality - gain 2 mp/turn (start with 8)
Sorcerer is different from other classes because it uses Mana for its class abilities instead of cooldowns. Frostbolt costs 8 mana and slows the speed of a target and everyone within 5 spaces by 4 for 2 turns, it's just okay. Telekinesis costs 7 mana and steals a random item from whoever you use it on -- if you know someone has something good and you have the mana saved up, you can cast this multiple times in a row so that's pretty cool. Probably the best ability here imo. Pyroblast costs 40 mana (!), murders whoever you throw it at and dudes within 25 spaces all catch on fire. If you've saved up enough mana to use it, it's really good especially if everyone's close together, but it costs so much mana to cast that it takes a metric forever. I don't really like Sorcerer but it's not like it's a bad class or anything.

SUCCUBUS
Passive: Sexual Immunity - immune to STDs; they stay on you longer than usual
The goon-named Worst Class In The Game but dammit it's not that bad and I like it so shut up :colbert: Succubus gets to play bug catcher and go around pozzing neg holes, it's cool and fun. STDs are super annoying to have but they can also be pretty uncommon and are easily removed with a common item; even so, not having to worry about things like Crabs (you only roll with 1 die) and AIDS (kills you after 6 turns) and being able to spread them to your enemies is neat. Seduction moves someone within 8 spaces of you to your space, incapacitates them, and shares STDs between you. Not only can you use this to give people chlamydia or whatever, but it's also a good tool to murder the gently caress out of people with a sword or whatever. Fear is a really wimpy version of the Barbarian's roar, scaring people within 7 spaces 5-7 spaces away from you (forward/back). It's just okay. It's a good secondary class and pairs well with Assassin (incapacitate wth Seduce, then murder with Assassinate!) and Paladin (but be careful not to cleanse your own STDs). Be prepared to be made fun of if you choose Succubus intentionally, and to be hypno'd into it if people don't like you.

someone awful. fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Jan 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Saved in case I need a 2nd post for a HTML5 board game for some reason.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Many people will encourage you to "Kill Jake." Do not do this.

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006

zakharov posted:

Many people will encourage you to "Kill Jake." Do not do this.

Ignore this; Kill Jake.

Pro strats for BGO newbies: Kill everyone before they kill you. There is no safety in this game except when everyone else is dead.

Ahhh Real Zombies!
Jul 16, 2007
Get it?
Success! Your game has been created! Use the game link to join the game yourself, then send a copy of the link to whoever you'd like to join.

http://www.boardgame-online.com/join.php?g=foO7&k=Fbs

Game Settings:
Game Mode Classic
Name time for bgo again
Finish 225
Max Players 16
Action Timer 15
Starting Rupees 25
Visibility private
Extra Options:
Players can choose from ALL CLASSES when the Pick A Class event occurs.
Instant Classes ON
Early Reinforcements after round 1
Survival ON
Expert Mode ON
Disarmed for 0 rounds
Wildcard: Shops every 10 rounds.

Ahhh Real Zombies! fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Dec 29, 2013

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Because some newbies ask: ABP means Always Be Pyramidding. If you find yourself at the entrance of the pyramid, you must go in or suffer ridicule and possible death. You don't have to choose it at the crossroads.

Also, it's highly recommended you make an account before joining. It takes 30 seconds and avoid the Hashtag of Shame.

Other than that, don't be afraid to ask questions. MOST of us will be nice to you.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Allow me to be the first to say I hate this game and I hate all of you, just let me win :argh: :bang:

Also you might as well say in the first post to register an account because some people will just kick unregistered players on sight.

Ahhh Real Zombies!
Jul 16, 2007
Get it?
Success! Your game has been created! Use the game link to join the game yourself, then send a copy of the link to whoever you'd like to join.

http://www.boardgame-online.com/join.php?g=foRo&k=vec

Game Settings:
Game Mode Classic
Name a game is a game is a goon
Finish 150
Max Players 15
Action Timer 15
Starting Rupees 25
Visibility private
Extra Options:
Players can choose from 3 RANDOM CLASSES when the Pick A Class event occurs.
Instant Classes ON
Survival ON
Expert Mode ON
Disarmed for 0 rounds

Ahhh Real Zombies! fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Dec 29, 2013

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006
Couple of useful tips:

When you start your game, strike your post afterwards, so late goons aren't constantly trying to join 40 minutes into the game.

Also, There are two servers you can choose from. Pick server 1, unless you want each round to take forever.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Kristopher posted:

Couple of useful tips:

When you start your game, strike your post afterwards, so late goons aren't constantly trying to join 40 minutes into the game.

Also, There are two servers you can choose from. Pick server 1, unless you want each round to take forever.

I'll update the game creation image later, I forgot it was from 20 years ago before they added servers.

Grinnblade
Sep 24, 2007
Holy living poo poo, all this new blood.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I've picked 2 classes and spent the rest of my turns waiting to revive. I don't see the appeal.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Anatharon posted:

I've picked 2 classes and spent the rest of my turns waiting to revive. I don't see the appeal.

Most games do not have 16 players, and your dead time doesn't last as long.

My connection crapped itself, please kick MrJakeBX.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Anatharon posted:

I never even got my second class. :(

As others have said, though, that was kind of an anomaly of a game. Longer games with less players are very different!

Ahhh Real Zombies!
Jul 16, 2007
Get it?
^it's not like that when there's only like, 8 people in a game.

http://www.boardgame-online.com/join.php?g=foUb&k=k7k

Game Settings:
Game Mode Sprint
Name oh dear
Finish Round 26
Max Players 16
Action Timer 15
Starting Rupees 25
Visibility private
Extra Options:
Instant Classes ON
Survival ON
Expert Mode ON
Disarmed for 0 rounds

Ahhh Real Zombies! fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Dec 29, 2013

WreckSov
Aug 26, 2011

Grinnblade posted:

Holy living poo poo, all this new blood.

:getin:

Blackajack
Aug 5, 2012

Ottakringer Helles

Jesus gently caress, someone actually made a new thread. Don't want to play for a few days because bad internet, so here's this till then...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qo5JlXm18Xk

e: Also Someone, you should use that second post to put all the funny/interesting screencaps from the last thread (and this one too?) in one place.

Blackajack fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Dec 29, 2013

Ezzer
Aug 5, 2011

I hate you more than words can convey.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

http://www.boardgame-online.com/join.php?g=fpa8&k=Asa

Game Settings:
Game Mode Classic
Name MrJakeBX\'s Game
Finish 150
Max Players 10
Action Timer 20
Starting Rupees 25
Visibility private
Extra Options:
Instant Classes ON
Survival ON
Expert Mode ON
Disarmed for 0 rounds

Come play, newbies!

zakharov fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Dec 29, 2013

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

We could use 1-2 more players, come spend your Sunday in the loving arms of BGO

Ahhh Real Zombies!
Jul 16, 2007
Get it?

http://www.boardgame-online.com/join.php?g=fpcE&k=pEh

Game Settings:
Game Mode Classic
Name kill jake
Finish 225
Max Players 16
Action Timer 16
Starting Rupees 25
Visibility private
Extra Options:
Instant Classes ON
Survival ON
Expert Mode ON
Disarmed for 0 rounds
Wildcard: Shops every 10 rounds

Ahhh Real Zombies! fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Dec 29, 2013

Ahhh Real Zombies!
Jul 16, 2007
Get it?

http://www.boardgame-online.com/join.php?g=fpls&k=BkM

Game Settings:
Game Mode Classic
Name a game is a game is a kill jake
Finish 300
Max Players 16
Action Timer 15
Starting Rupees 25
Visibility private
Extra Options:
Instant Classes ON
Survival ON
Expert Mode ON
Disarmed for 0 rounds

Ahhh Real Zombies! fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Dec 30, 2013

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
edit: guess not

SpazmasterX fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Dec 30, 2013

Ezzer
Aug 5, 2011

dumb

Ezzer fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Dec 31, 2013

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

^^ Ezzer, cross out your old game.

http://www.boardgame-online.com/join.php?g=fp30&k=Hsn

Game Settings:
Game Mode Classic
Name BGOON.
Finish 150
Max Players 16
Action Timer 15
Starting Rupees 25
Visibility private
Extra Options:
Instant Classes ON
Survival ON
Expert Mode ON
Disarmed for 0 rounds

FoxTerrier fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Dec 31, 2013

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

http://www.boardgame-online.com/join.php?g=fp7X&k=hbZ

Game Settings:
Game Mode Classic
Name So. Many. ROCKETS.
Finish 150
Max Players 16
Action Timer 15
Starting Rupees 25
Visibility private
Extra Options:
Instant Classes ON
Survival ON
Expert Mode ON
Disarmed for 1 rounds

FoxTerrier fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Dec 31, 2013

Grinnblade
Sep 24, 2007
So I heard rumblings of a 10k game on the 2nd, is that still a thing that is happening?

Ahhh Real Zombies!
Jul 16, 2007
Get it?

http://www.boardgame-online.com/join.php?g=fqMU&k=fhI

Game Settings:
Game Mode Classic
Name I'm super bored lets play
Finish 150
Max Players 16
Action Timer 15
Starting Rupees 25
Visibility private
Extra Options:
Instant Classes ON
Survival ON
Expert Mode ON
Disarmed for 0 rounds

Ahhh Real Zombies! fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Jan 1, 2014

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006

Grinnblade posted:

So I heard rumblings of a 10k game on the 2nd, is that still a thing that is happening?

No one likes a game on the 1st, so it's happening on the 2nd, at 1PM EST (10AM fake, ridiculous PST time)

Kristopher fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Jan 1, 2014

Grinnblade
Sep 24, 2007

Kristopher posted:

No one likes a game on the 1st, so it's happening on the 2nd, at 1PM EST (10AM fake, ridiculous PST time)

Okay so with that official, for the new people reading the thread, this is going to be a 10,001 space game. Yes, you read that correctly. There is an achievement earned for winning a 10k+ space game called Ironman Supreme, and we did this last New Year's too.

With that said: don't join if you don't have 9 hours to dedicate to an HTML5 board game. Be very wary of using Chrome to play as last I checked it was still prone to crashing if the game went on too long. There's other quality-of-life things that will probably come up during the pre-game, but those two facts are things you should probably know in advance.

Oh, one other thing: This marathon will probably sap your will to play BGO for awhile. But drat, does it has the potential to be a glorious trainwreck of epic proportions.

BingeHooligan
Dec 24, 2010
I haven't played in a long while but I'm sure I'll pick up the 10k+1 space game, is there any known issue with Opera? I know nobody uses it but it's my main browser and it would seriously suck to drop about halfway through :ohdear:

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

How many players does it take for the achievement? with the amount of people that have been showing up lately, I think maybe we should split it up into a couple of separate games.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

For those of us with actual jobs and lives, I imagine there will be some smaller games too.

Grinnblade
Sep 24, 2007

rodbeard posted:

How many players does it take for the achievement? with the amount of people that have been showing up lately, I think maybe we should split it up into a couple of separate games.

It takes at least 3 players from unique IPs to earn achievements. However the sheer length of the game means there will be ragequits and crashes so I don't know if splitting up is a good idea.

Ahhh Real Zombies!
Jul 16, 2007
Get it?

http://www.boardgame-online.com/join.php?g=fryh&k=oPI

Game Settings:
Game Mode Classic
Name this is the best idea
Finish 300
Max Players 16
Action Timer 15
Starting Rupees 25
Visibility private
Extra Options:
Instant Classes ON
Survival ON
Expert Mode ON
Disarmed for 0 rounds

Ahhh Real Zombies! fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jan 2, 2014

Ahhh Real Zombies!
Jul 16, 2007
Get it?

http://www.boardgame-online.com/join.php?g=frCk&k=eyA

Game Settings:
Game Mode Sprint
Name ok then
Finish Round 25
Max Players 16
Action Timer 15
Starting Rupees 25
Visibility private
Extra Options:
Instant Classes ON
Survival ON
Expert Mode ON
Disarmed for 0 rounds
Special Mode
Team Game: Boss Mode

Ahhh Real Zombies! fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jan 2, 2014

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

http://s1.boardgame-online.com/g/game.php?g=frFb&k=sdw

Like a Boss

Game Host: MrJakeBX
Game Mode: Classic
Finish space: 250
Team Mode: Team Game: Boss Mode
Players: 1/16
Action Timer: 20 seconds
Game Options: Expert Mode activated.
Survival Mode activated.
Instant Classes activated.
Early Reinforcements after 1 round.
Everyone will receive a Wildcard: Shops every 10 rounds.

zakharov fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Jan 2, 2014

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Bump for another player or two

Some French Guy
Aug 30, 2003
That was a lot of fun last night (I was Oguh). For the people wanting to join, I basically joined a game without knowing at all how to play the game and I had a blast (and finished 3rd, after suiciding 8 times).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006
Not starting until 1:20 EST, but get in now and idle.

:siren:Do not click this link unless you are okay with wasting 9-10 hours of your life on an internet board game:siren:

http://www.boardgame-online.com/join.php?g=fsax&k=hx7

Game Settings:
Game Mode Classic
Name Game of the YEAR!
Finish :siren:10001:siren:
Max Players 16
Action Timer 15
Starting Rupees 25
Visibility private
Extra Options:
Instant Classes ON
Survival ON
Expert Mode ON
Disarmed for 1 rounds
Wildcard: Shops every 10 rounds

Kristopher fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Jan 2, 2014

• Locked thread