Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«352 »
Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

i was working on a mod that allowed for a Growing labor to be performed to keep fertility up in unpowered hydroponic basins but the project ended up spiraling out of control because quite frankly hydroponics are something of second class citizens right now. i ran out of time trying to get the fertility mechanics to work nicely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

For hydroponics just grow rice. They benefit hugely from the fertility anyway and the crop turn around is so fast that losing one is usually meaningless. Once I get hydroponic rice up and going food is basically not a factor.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
too short to worry
She said life's
too long to wait
It's too short not
to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I grow rice in the basins and healroot in the dirt around them. Provides food and medical care for a colony of 20+ with two sunlamp-lit rooms (and some outside farms).

Cup Runneth Over fucked around with this message at Jun 23, 2017 around 01:29

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

Simple Sidearms is so good you guys

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...s/?id=927155256

Grenades and molotovs are a big pain in the balls in vanilla. You either have a dedicated grenadier that you micromanage the gently caress out of so he doesn't your own dudes, or you don't use them. How about instead you have everybody in the squad have a long gun or a spear or what have you, and they also carry an EMP grenade or a molotov or heck, how about an incendiary launcher? And when the situation arises when you don't want to plink or stab but instead you need every goddamn tile lit up, you just click a button to switch weapons? Wouldn't that be just swell?

It sounds like such an iffy mod but wow, give it a try if you haven't, it adds so much tactical depth without going completely nuts (there are limits on how much bullshit you can cram in your loadout).

e: AAAA

e: The more obvious use is "oh a guy stabbed me in the face with a guisarme, rather than drop my gun on the ground and go fisticuffs how about I pull out my badass Crocodile Dundee knife and cut off his appendages with it" but wow it makes grenades so much more useful

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at Jun 23, 2017 around 03:37

Tofuslob
Jul 9, 2013

Flesh Forge posted:

Simple Sidearms is so good you guys

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...s/?id=927155256

Grenades and molotovs are a big pain in the balls in vanilla. You either have a dedicated grenadier that you micromanage the gently caress out of so he doesn't your own dudes, or you don't use them. How about instead you have everybody in the squad have a long gun or a spear or what have you, and they also carry an EMP grenade or a molotov or heck, how about an incendiary launcher? And when the situation arises when you don't want to plink or stab but instead you need every goddamn tile lit up, you just click a button to switch weapons? Wouldn't that be just swell?

It sounds like such an iffy mod but wow, give it a try if you haven't, it adds so much tactical depth without going completely nuts (there are limits on how much bullshit you can cram in your loadout).

e: AAAA

e: The more obvious use is "oh a guy stabbed me in the face with a guisarme, rather than drop my gun on the ground and go fisticuffs how about I pull out my badass Crocodile Dundee knife and cut off his appendages with it" but wow it makes grenades so much more useful

That mod actually brought me back to the game because I was getting frustrated losing colonists to random animal attacks (though admittedly this was before i learned you can switch their behaviour to attack rather than flee)

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I had never messed with any of the game's recreational drugs before - I come from the Just Say No generation - so I finally got around to growing some smokeleaf and within the first year multiple people addicted and a case of cancer. Ok no more drugs for you guys

enraged_camel
Jul 4, 2007

Smokeleaf is good to have at hand, but I only manually order pawns to smoke it when they are in an exceptionally bad mood, such as after a divorce. Otherwise everyone's drug policy is set to no drugs, and I don't recruit anyone who has the chemical interest trait.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

And then Tynan dropped a patch, maybe it's for the best

Tynan posted:

Alpha17b performance hotfix released.
RimWorld - Tynan
Ive just released Alpha17b, a performance hotfix for Alpha17. Steam users will get it automatically. This is build 0.17.1557.

When we made the targeting AI smarter in Alpha 17, we also made it harder on the CPU. Players in late game were seeing drastically reduced performance. Alpha17b optimizes this and several other things. There are no changes to gameplay - just optimization of what's there already.

This update will work with your existing saved games, XML-only mods and (hopefully) most or all code mods.

If for any reason you want to continue on the older version, you can set your Steam beta branch to 'alpha17a'.

Sorry for any disruption! Were also hard at work on Alpha 18.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

Alpha17b has been out for almost 3 weeks at this point, hasn't it?

«352 »