Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
Has anyone successfully treated an instance of the flu?

I'll usually amputate a limb before it sucks up 8x medipacks through infections, but the flu just seems like a protracted unwinnable battle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
Well that explains why my new colony is doing exceptionally well then :(

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
I'm looking for a very specific mod-

I want to do necromancy through science. Basically Shelly's Frankenstein.

Android Tiers seems overpowered for what it is and doesn't really scratch that itch.

Help me goons, you're my only hope!

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
Sick to death of the cities, trees and animals of his homeworld, Nezzar set out alone to recreate an ancient feet- to build a hanging garden in the driest, most sun scorched of deserts Rimworld had to offer.

A marble garden was erected as an oasis to visitors.

Huge amounts of cocaine are launched to neighboring, hostile tribes to buy their allegiance, attracting even more paying guests!

Giant tortoises wondered into the colony early on, and instead of butchering them for the much-needed meat, we decided to make them our patron animal. The original two have hatched offspring, and their powerful bites and impervious armor has proven to be an invaluable defense.

Nicknamed "Papa Nezzer" after the accident, a giant brain scar has left the industrious gardener into a doting fool. He plays around in the pool all day and needs rescue every time he hits a joint.

It's unknown if Papa Nezzer is pleased with his marble garden, but I sure am.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
30-50 feral hogs is enough to justify the use of an automatic assault weapon.

What does 254 manhunting geese justify?

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
I ran with sidearms for a few play-throughs but ultimately disabled it.

It's too much micro for too little benefit. Being forced to decide whether a pawn is melee or ranged is a strategic call, and arming them with more than one item is tedious and unbalanced.

I don't remember the exact name but the "drafted pawns show weapons" mod is a huge QOL add regardless of how you feel about sidearms.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
On a technical level I admire the multiple Z-levels mod.

As a gamer, I will never, ever use it because it bends the balancing over backwards and limits me from seeing my entire base at a glance.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
If they based it off of any of my tribal starts you can expect 10 hour long episodes of starvation spirals culminating to an explosive rage quit in the season finale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit

Pharnakes posted:

Nah, just run your colony into the ground. You;ll learn far more that way, and besides, losing is fun.

This is true.

The one colony that survives your first winter makes the 10 flaming wrecks and the mountain of bitter swearing worth it.

I'm 600 hours in and I finally collapsed and made my first killbox. And it worked! Until I got gangbanged from North and South immediately after a costly raid resulting in another flaming wreck.

I've got the stop the tribal starts in tundra but Randy's playful sadism keeps bringing me back.