Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rapacity
Sep 12, 2007
Grand
I've only played an hour or so and I know I saw numbers underneath item stacks but now there are no numbers. Is there a key I've pressed to toggle them off or is it a bug?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rapacity
Sep 12, 2007
Grand
Haha, poo poo, thanks a lot. Game is great, I love the transparency and the ability to prioritise things right loving now but things like sandbags costing 3 metal is pretty alpha ha! Probably, in a year, you'll have to make fabric, make a bag and fill it with sand.

Rapacity
Sep 12, 2007
Grand
I have to say, this game is made with such an adept touch. The things like harvesting different bushes adding into the same ground pile, the mostly intelligent combining of consecutive jobs into a chain of at least two and being able to floor under existing structures are things that DF and Gnomoria, for example, haven't yet or are only just realising.

Rapacity
Sep 12, 2007
Grand
I keep getting odd behaviour where colonists that clearly ate at a table, sitting on a stool, are getting "ate off the floor" negatives. I can watch 2 of them eat (seperately) at the same spot and either may or may not get that thought. It isn't a big deal but does anyone know what's happening?

Rapacity
Sep 12, 2007
Grand
I need a mod to stop trees and walls from overlapping in weird ways like an ocd mod.

Rapacity
Sep 12, 2007
Grand
It's the small scale that weaves the story. If you reload then you're robbing yourself.

Rapacity
Sep 12, 2007
Grand
I love this game but there's something really odd about hit calculations. If you watch a couple of people having a shootout, when there's a critter like a squirrel in between them, it'll almost always get hit. It's really uncanny and I've seen it happen way too often to be accidental. No big deal but I like the idea that the shots are all calculated properly and I'm sure there's some hackery going on.

In actual news it seems that Tynan is starting on making the art skill actually work, with a sculpture bench and art installations.

Rapacity
Sep 12, 2007
Grand
I wonder how the cool 1.5 million he's pulled in so far has affected his day to day life.

Rapacity
Sep 12, 2007
Grand

Tias posted:

Anyone else encounter a bug/problem with tailoring tables? When winter came around, I ordered it to make 4 parkas, but I can't make my colonists begin the task. Right-clicking over the table just results in nothing, no menu or anything.

I haven't played for a while but I had this problem and I'm 90% sure it was because there was no stockpile for the created goods. Pretty sure once I'd made one I could craft again.

Rapacity
Sep 12, 2007
Grand

Filthy Monkey posted:

Plus maybe he can make wood sculptures.

I'm dying :lol:

Rapacity
Sep 12, 2007
Grand
I've got to say that, considering the trajectory of the game so far, this will be a pretty weak 1.0 release. It's a great game but almost all the content is front loaded and, once you've got a functioning colony up and running, there isn't a whole lot of meat there for the mid to late game. The UI is functional at best, there is almost no real interaction with the factions, the research and crafting is extremely bare-bones and the end state is nothing more than a placeholder.

Also, Tynan seemed like a strong willed type of guy who had a clear vision and wasn't swayed by the various mods pulling things in different directions but, reading through his reactions to comments posted about this release, he seems to flip flop back and forth like a teenager. I'm pretty disappointed. If he needs a break then he should hire someone else to carry on with this using some of the million plus he's made so far in my opinion. Just because he's 'indie' doesn't mean he has to burn out doing it all on his own.

I've got my money's worth out of the game so whatever but I think it could be so much better and fuller than it is and it seems a waste of a great engine not to put more flesh on the current skeleton without relying on modders. (I know he says he "probably" will add more in the future but he sounds pretty set on dumping it for now)

Rapacity
Sep 12, 2007
Grand
One of my dudes got the flu so I sent him to bed. A little later I get an alert that he was broken and he started wandering around. I kept getting red alerts that colonist needs treatment but I couldn't control him or treat him. The only thing I could do was arrest him so I did and now he's in my jail and his icon says "missing". Not sure if it's bugged or what.

Edit: after an age of trying to re-recruit him at 6% chance I thought gently caress him and set him to be released. He got taken out of the jail and resumed being one of my colonists as if nothing had ever happened. Weird.

Rapacity fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Jul 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rapacity
Sep 12, 2007
Grand
I just had a brutally quick rear end loving. My only builder (of 3) was picking up a cargo drop near the map edge and I got a raid which popped in 2 metres from her. One guy bludgeoned her with a club right away, then they decided to just kidnap her and left the map edge. Whole thing took less than 30 seconds. The builder's pet fennec fox then went berserk over her "death" and savaged the hands off my only doctor!! Ouch!!