Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SetPhazers2Funk
Jan 27, 2008

Good, bad, I'm the one with the gun.
Is there a way to make a single switch turn on all of your sentry turrets? I'm guessing there is, but it's not clear to me how to actually make that work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SetPhazers2Funk
Jan 27, 2008

What's the best material to make melee weapons out of? Steel? Granite?

SetPhazers2Funk
Jan 27, 2008

Coolguye posted:

It's specifically EPOE Hardcore that allows you to use Glitterworld mess to fix scars, which is such a good idea that I honestly feel it should be in the base game.

What's the full name or author of this mod? It sounds great but searching for 'EPOE Hardcore' doesn't seem to result in any likely candidates.

SetPhazers2Funk
Jan 27, 2008

What's the current version and name of the cult mod(s)? I tried using the most obvious candidate but got a lot of errors as if it wasn't updated for 17.

SetPhazers2Funk
Jan 27, 2008

dogstile posted:

So I stopped following this game a while back. Is the end goal still "get off the planet because it'll eventually kill you via ramp up" or is it more "just survive".

I think most people play with the AI setting (Randy) that doesn't have the 1-way ramp up, which makes it more of the latter.

SetPhazers2Funk
Jan 27, 2008

Keep your eyes closed Marion!

SetPhazers2Funk
Jan 27, 2008

Are there different grades of sanitation protection from the different types of flooring, or is it just a binary 'constructed floor/no-floor' when it comes to building a hospital room?

SetPhazers2Funk
Jan 27, 2008

One of my ~20 mods is causing the storyteller to not trigger events, i.e. raids, caravans, wanderers, etc. This has happened across multiple games now. Any easy way of debugging to figure out which one is the culprit?

SetPhazers2Funk
Jan 27, 2008

Does losing a nose actually reduce their effectiveness in any real way?

SetPhazers2Funk
Jan 27, 2008

Using the Cult mod, is there a way to get non-violent pawns to do sacrifices?

Also, when you do the ritual that removes inabilities and changes backstories, does that impact negative traits and/or change the learned skills?

SetPhazers2Funk
Jan 27, 2008

Playing with giant spiders and Cthulhu monsters has taught me that the correct strategy is to regularly cleanse the map of all predators.

SetPhazers2Funk
Jan 27, 2008

Flesh Forge posted:

Look at this

Just look at it :allears:

Day 1, AM trip report: We immediately dug too deep.

SetPhazers2Funk
Jan 27, 2008

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Is there a mod or way to setup the game so a planet is barren of people besides you and drop pods? I want to do some kind of challenge on a cold planet, starting with one pawn. Failing that, how best to Prepare Carefully for a solo start on a cold planet? Is it viable on a map that has no growing season? Does that mean no growing ever, or can I build a greenhouse?

Hunting and greenhouses are your two bulk food options for those maps.

SetPhazers2Funk
Jan 27, 2008

In the Tiberium mod, is there a way to wall in Tiberium without doing some fancy research? I had a green one land early in the game and I don't want it to ruin the map. Is there a way to eventually purge the Tiberium or is that ground lost forever? This is my first time with the mod and I'm not sure if I should just roll a new game.

SetPhazers2Funk
Jan 27, 2008

If I'm running a full-tribal game in a biome with basically no trees, what's the best way to consistently generate meals (i.e. anything that avoids the raw food mood penalty)? I'm using a large number of the big food, medieval and tribal-related mods, so any options in those are also viable for me. The lack of a way to power fires/stoves has been a bit of a problem.

SetPhazers2Funk
Jan 27, 2008

multijoe posted:

Also, is there any way to manually place items? One of my dudes has had a mental break and he's currently starving to death in his room, how can I deliver some food to him?

You can't, at least not in a way that will make him eat it. He'll eventually snap out of it and have to feed himself. The way malnutrition works, if he didn't snap out of it in time he'd collapse from starvation (and then be able to be rescued and fed by a doctor) before he could actually die, so under normal conditions pawns can't fully starve to death by having mental breaks.

SetPhazers2Funk
Jan 27, 2008

Hot drat, why isn't the functionality of the 'haul urgently' mod built into the base game? I never knew how much I needed the ability to get people to prioritize a few high value hauls before they go do just about anything else. So incredibly useful.

SetPhazers2Funk
Jan 27, 2008

Which mod is it that allows you to plant mushrooms underground?

SetPhazers2Funk
Jan 27, 2008

There's a 'Bones' mod that provides what you're looking for.

SetPhazers2Funk
Jan 27, 2008

Is there a breakdown somewhere for how good the medieval meal options are relative to the regular meals? In general terms of nutrient efficiency and also hunger satiation. It's not obvious to me looking at the bill description what's worth making. I mostly use the jerked meats for preservation purposes, but have never touched the stews.

SetPhazers2Funk
Jan 27, 2008

StrixNebulosa posted:

Of the mods I've been testing, I'm most disappointed with No Water, No Life so far. It's broken? It's weird? It's overly complicated and, well, yeesh. Out it goes. (It should not be impossible to figure out how to make cups, see!)

e: To detail, I combed through basically all of the menus looking for the thing that would let me build cups, so my peeps would quit complaining about it, and... nothing. Nada. Then I do some googling and it's marked as behaving weirdly, and yeah. I love the concept, but it's just not working so out it goes. ... And out goes the save, because it breaks a save if it's gone.

Ah well! New colony tomorrow, we'll have a good time.

It's the water drawing spot. You need to create a bill to draw water, and the water vessels will be created automatically.

SetPhazers2Funk
Jan 27, 2008

How does one build on ice? I'm in a boreal forest and patches of the area I want to build on are simply Ice and don't appear to support boardwalks. I have a mod that allows terraforming just about anything (including an option for terraforming ice that doesn't appear to work) but nothing seems to be buildable/modifiable on those squares. Maybe I need to enclose and then melt the ice?

SetPhazers2Funk
Jan 27, 2008

Coolguye posted:

drafting someone and having them fire at a sleeping spot that is forbidden until they get tired, hungry, and grouchy.

Does this still work? I tried it again recently with a pet sleeping spot and it wasn't giving the pawn XP.

SetPhazers2Funk
Jan 27, 2008

wit posted:

I have it but I might uninstall it because its too easy to grind on it, and if that avenue is open I'll end up taking it. "keep making this dumb chair until you have made an excellent chair." So your pawn spends the next season making and dissembling the same chair until he is a master. That will not be balanced until pawns have a mental break involving wandering around only saying the word "chair" and trying to make other colonists into the perfect chair.

Just don't abuse it then? I only use it to prevent low skill people from touching important construction jobs. They can lay floor tile and repair sandbags all they want.

SetPhazers2Funk
Jan 27, 2008

Pork Wagyu

SetPhazers2Funk
Jan 27, 2008

Animals stopped following drafted pawns for me after the last version, is there an option somewhere to toggle back on? I'm not using the Colony Manager mod (although I am using many other mods, none of which should have changed that behaviour).

SetPhazers2Funk
Jan 27, 2008

Cup Runneth Over posted:

There is some circumstantial evidence that the Alpha Animals mod causes the bug where Lords never end properly (resulting in caravans not leaving, colonists hanging out/attending meetings forever, parties not ending, etc.)

This may be true, but as an anecdotal reference I've had the 'parties not ending' bug without ever having installed that mod.

SetPhazers2Funk
Jan 27, 2008

Was there a multiplayer mod that went up recently? I thought someone had posted about it here but can't find the reference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SetPhazers2Funk
Jan 27, 2008

Anyone know how to create an archipelago map with very little land and maybe a few small islands and/or peninsulas? I've tried the most obvious mods (Rainbeau's Archipelagos, map control, map reroll) and every attempt seems to end up with 80% land/20% ocean, which is not what I'm going for. I can get it so that the map reroll previews show up as looking like what I want, but what is ultimately generated does not match the preview (I'm guessing this is a mod conflict). I've got water levels cranked up to the maximum under the mod settings.

I also have Misc. Map Generator and Ruins, which I don't think should be impacting this but perhaps they are?