Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i've toyed w the idea of making a mod that lets you build a colony totem or something where you can set colony values, and colonists can study there to change their traits. it might be OP, but it would be a cool option.

there are a couple of different ways it could probably be done, but i don't think i'm good enough at modding to execute any of them. for example, you might be able to tie the trait change to the recruitment process- which wouldn't cover edge cases (wanderers joining, etc.) but whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
random rear end in a top hat, you could use the prepare carefully mod (https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6261.0) to have a baseline pop of cannibals or psychopaths.

i dont know if you need both traits to successfully run a cannibal colony, but i think you only need cannibal. iirc, butchering malus is no big deal, cannibal malus is and i believe it stacks, which i dont think butchering does.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
that's a cool base, tenzarin. if you put a roof over your turrets, they'll be harder to hit bc of the darkness.

here are a couple of bases with killboxes. yours is more optimal, but i have fun with them.

this one is from a8? or something? whenever he introduced the first new biomes.

this one is from a12

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

mitztronic posted:

How do you dismantle a roof ?

add a no-roof zone

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
islam is the blight

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

LotsBread posted:

tynan is an islamophobe

tynan gave me game access as a freebie after i asked him when he had no obligation to do it

i feel conflicted

enjoying someone's creation does not constitute an endorsement of their every facet as a human being.

i never would've known about that tweet if it wasn't posted in this thread, and i don't give a poo poo about any game designer's political stances.

i don't want to step on owlfancier's toes, but i would personally appreciate it if discussion remained focused on the game, which is loving great.

Nut to Butt fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Nov 18, 2015

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Geokinesis posted:

It isn't like the thread has raged out of control over the tweet tbh.

I mean I like Rimworld but I won't be recommending it in future to others.

yeah, i know. my initial post was more dickish, but then i second-guessed my tone as unnecessary, and went back and read responses- they weren't that bad, so i edited it.

i've always just thought it was a weird mentality to deny yourself something good bc you don't like the source. i enjoy a lot of media from people who hold views that are anathema to me, but whatever if their views have no influence on the product i enjoy. but i guess if people wanna boycott hollyweird or chick-fil-a or rimworld or anything, that's fine, it's just a sort of an odd mindset to me. why punish yourself for someone else's opinions, ya know? the vast majority of things aren't so serious that you need to boycott anyone. it just seems petty and thin-skinned to me.

anyhow, i've been dreaming of a colony ethos mod for a long time, and someone made something close! it's a mind-altering device that changes pawn traits

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=16743.0

unfortunately, it changes the traits to random new ones, which isn't the object of my heart's desire, but i can see how it would be handy if you had a useful abrasive character or some such. just a neat mod that i thought i would share, since it serves as a proof-of-concept for my dream mod.

now i just have to learn c#...

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Lorini posted:

I think part of that comes from the fact there's a ton of these types of games out there right now. Do you want to support a designer who thinks like this? I know that many people love Rimworld and it's not the same as those other games, but for others, they might choose something else that's not as repugnant to them. I support both ways really.

what other games are like rimworld? i've seen a fair number of sorta dwarf-fortress-likes, but, from what i've seen, they're mostly graphical abominations, the gameplay sucks, or they're abandoned by the devs. anything good?

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

LotsBread posted:

ant farms

like, the real deal
lol
thanks. i've played/viewed most of those, but i was curious bc i'm always on the lookout for new games in the genre. if you don't mind, how is clockwork empires coming along? it's always looked fun, but every time i've checked up on it, it was either unfinished or seemed too buggy so i've yet to pull the trigger.

Tommofork posted:

What is your dream mod out of curiosity?
"dream mod" is probably a little hyperbolic of me, but i've posted about it a few times. basically, a colony ethos system: worker's commune, caste system, cannibal holocaust, etc. i think it could add a lot of flavor to any given colony, and open the door to lots of interesting events and stuff.

of course, i also would love z levels, on-map enemy bases, a more robust diplomacy system, bring back the dichotomy between happiness/fear, expansion to new grids/invasions from other factions, just a ton of stuff that is probably way too ambitious for a game of this scope.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Tommofork posted:

I can't remember which mod it was but a while back there was one claiming to have a Stargate style system where you could send people/goods to a new map, play there, and send people/goods back the other way as well. I didn't actually play it. Your list is probably too ambitious for the main game but ~~mods~~ could take on a lot of that.

Also I will fight you IRL over z-levels, please no z-levels.

yeah, a lot of the things i want could be handled by mods, which is one of the reasons i love this game so much.

re: stargate- i actually use that mod for some games, but i believe the stargate only works between colonies on the same map- so you don't have to walk for 10 years, basically. it's a good mod, but i've never used the stargates so i'm unclear on how exactly they work. the text in the game seems to indicate they maybe work like you said. i've got a game going on right now with the mod, so i'll see if i can test it out tonight. it's called enhanced development, and is modular- which i always appreciate. (https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=15606.0)

there's also a stargate mod that adds 3 factions and some gear from the movie. (https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=13702.0)

what do you have against z-levels? i'm not even sure if i've ever played a game with them, but i'm sick of my mountain-burrowing plans getting all hosed up by random caves and poo poo. i believe there is a mod where you can "scan" mountains, but i dunno... i think i'm using like 37 mods on my most recent game... i just wanna be able to tunnel down ONE level, i don't care about going up, but maybe z-levels are a huge pain in the rear end? like i said, my experience with them is basically none. i guess cities: skylines? maybe a handful of other games i don't recall.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

I've just started playing this couple of weeks or so, it's amazing and I can't stop. I'd hate to think how many hours I've put in over Xmas.

I've not really played vanilla either, other than the first few learning game where I was slaughtered in no time.

Should I go back to vanilla for a bit?...

Does anyone know when the games getting updated again?

we should get a major content patch in the near future. i believe tynan was taking a break from september till the new year, but a couple of guys were still working on it in the interim.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
cant say im thrilled about the list of additional content. lovers' spats and asthma.. i'd rather have gladiator pits and space plague.

i dunno, i still love the game (haven't played in a few months) but a lot of the interpersonal stuff, decorations, etc. dont do much for me. it's like- could u make it so that my miners haul a load back to base when they're heading home for the night? that would be a small change that i would greatly appreciate. i dont give a poo poo about multi-person beds, but a multi-headed alien? gimme some hydras! i dunno, i'm probably just seeing the glass as half-empty, but i feel like there's such potential for interesting mayhem, bloodshed, and catastrophic failure in this game but they keep adding things that remind me of the Sims. many of the newer features seem like annoying nuisances at best. social bonds with animals? marriage ceremonies? gently caress me.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Splode posted:

You need to play dwarf fortress. Social drama and multi person beds is going to mean so much more horror and death than a few different sprites for monsters.

i cant do dwarf fortress. i cant get past the archaic graphics and ui. even if i did, i think it might be too spergy for me still. i hope youre right though. i just caught myself getting annoyed that they havent actually released a patch. i want the goddamn bugs! a lot of the things sound cool, in that they'll bring more variety, but i personally wish they had a slightly different focus. then again, im still pining after the lost dichotomy between the fear and happiness systems, so take my disappointment with a grain of salt. gonna go play some rimworld now ;)

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

dead link, but i assume it's this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAOZrfu7n3Q

https://ludeon.com/blog/

alpha 13 is out! :D

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Azhais posted:

No, for some reason copying the tweet left out the tailing 9 the first 3 times :argh:

But yes, that's what the link was

all good! I can't wait to check out the new version. so hype about it!

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Back To 99 posted:

Will couples have children or no?

not yet

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Slime posted:

The default storyteller's habit of constant raids is annoying and kind of silly. Maybe the odds of the next raid from that faction should be based on how many losses they took. If you slaughter their raiding party they should probably back off for a while.

agreed. Tynan talks about wanting a story generator, but they kept adding new threats and nerfs to common defenses to the point where it seems most of the stories being told are: 1) everyone dies 2) gently caress you.

the standard response to a game that is unrelenting in its quest to murder you is to bunker up, but if that's not what you want players to do, maybe reconsider your approach beyond "bunkers suck now lol, also your colonists all caught fail aids simultaneously & here's a 50 man raid for the coup de grace"

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Azhais posted:

It's pretty much offset by the spacious room bonus tho. I just make 6x4 rooms which are good enough to not get the cramped penalty with a bed, statue, plant, light, and heater.

Speaking of lights, gently caress the 150W the default lamps draw. Need my mods back damnit, the default lights are absurd, 50% more power draw than a space heater.

In the grim future of unknown Rimworlds LEDs do not exist.

yeah, that's always annoyed me too. so i just made a tiny mod for us

http://www.filedropper.com/efficientlight

drops the draw from 150 to 25

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i've been playing with a few updated mods, specifically one with upgraded turrets, so maybe this isnt as feasible in vanilla, but...

insect farming is so cash: unlimited spider meats, unlimited insect jellies (that never spoil), and a fun balancing act to boot. sure, you can keep your hive farm small and under control, but have you heard of the vast riches that can be had by filling a grand hall with hives? be wary of solar flares that put your turrets offline, and try not to let the hives grow out of hand while you're dealing with that raid. lost 4 colonists (out of 16? i need my colonist hud... :gibs:) when another infestation popped followed by a solar flare. thank god the bugs are dumb, because if they used raider AI, my colony would've been toast

thanks to the guy who pointed out the load order issue with the light efficiency mod.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Tagichatn posted:

drat, how did you get up to 16 colonists? I can never capture very many. Well I do have two raiders captured right now. One is perfectly healthy with great stats, the other one is only good at shooting and melee and has a peg leg, shattered jaw and destroyed eye. Guess which one has 99 recruitment difficulty?

the number of colonists you can get depends on your storyteller. randy random allows up to 50? you can also adjust the storyteller population limits with a text editor like notepad ++. there are 3: one is a "growth" limit where you'll get wanderers joining and stuff, one is an "natural" limit where you won't get any more of those growth events, and the last is an "overpopulated" limit where you're more likely to get hit with raids and recruitment is more difficult. at least, that's my understanding.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Slime posted:

Also...there's an implant that stops pain entirely, but are there painkillers? Stimulants? I want to see a whole bunch of crazy future space drugs, some just for leisure and some that are useful for productivity or combat. I want a colony full of cybernetically enhanced meth junkies.

youre in luck, friend (both updated for a13):

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=13400#msg131091

mod posted:

Description:
This mod adds new purchasable drugs to help with pain, focus, speed, and infections. Also adds the ability to make knockoff versions of the drugs, as well as a pharmaceuticals trader that sells medications and occasionally body parts.

Objects Added:
Medical Rack: Provides a simple storage solution for medicine.
Granulation Mill: A large machine for drying, crushing, grinding, sieving, and mixing pharmaceutical ingredients.
Pill Press: A stone table shaped for manually pressing pill tablets from granulated ingredients.

Items Added:
Medicine Blend: Made from herbal medicine and papaver seeds, is more potent than herbal meds.
Papaver: A hardy ornamental plant that grows year-round and is also known for its pharmaceutical uses involving pain.
Strychcyx: The berries grown on this bush are exceptionally bitter. The seeds within are used as muscle stimulants among indigenous tribes.
Vinawinkle: A viny bush with periwinkle flower petals. The petals contain alkaloids known to improve cognitive processing power.
Reishitake: Mushrooms popular among disease-stricken colonies, the Reishitake are best known for their amazing immunity boosting properties.

Methophine: Medical strength painkillers with minimal side effects. Knockoff recipe available.
Psystimall: Medical strength psychostimulants. Known to cause hallucinations. Knockoff recipe available.
Amp: Medical strength muscle stimulants. Knockoff recipe available.
Anmibene: Medical strength antibiotics. Knockoff recipe available.
ZDC: Stolen military grade stimulants used by quick-response scout snipers.

Other:
Drug Crash: Colonists who take Methophine, Psystimall, or Amp have a very rare chance(~1/50) to crash when the effects wear off. The effects of a crash last for about half a day, and result in a poor mood, as well as lowered consciousness/manipulation. Knockoff medications increase the chance this effect will happen.

Intoxicated Wandering: Colonists who severely overdose(player driven) have a chance to wander around intoxicated, not doing what they should. The effects last for about an hour, and never result in violence. Knockoff medications do not affect the chances of this happening.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=10571.0

mod posted:

Overview:
This mod gives you the ability to craft your own prostheses and artificial organs. Starting with basic prostheses like a peg leg or a hook hand, you can research everything you can think about : Simple prostheses like the vanilla ones and some new, bionic body parts and even advanced bionics made out of a new, valuable material: Vancidium.
But to get advanced bionics you have to do very much research work and they're also pretty expensive to get. And if you tend to losing your organs, this mod helps, too! You can research and craft surrogate and synthetic organs, so you never have to miss your kidney again! The mod is pretty big, there's enough work to do that there's even in endgame something new to research and to craft available.

Current main features:
6 new workbenches
Craft prostheses! There's a wide array from hook hands to advanced bionic parts!
Many new parts like hook hands, a silent jaw, a brain stimulator, bionic spines, bionic hands and feet, advanced bionic eyes, medical ribs, exoskeleton suits and many more!
Craft organs! Go from rudimentary surrogate organs to high tech synthetic organs!
Cure brain damage using late game brain implants!
Treat bad backs!
An all new material: Vancidium: Upgrade bionics with this extremely valuable material!
New traders: The textile trader and the prostheses trader!
Tons of new research projects!
All prostheses have their own category and trade tag: Basic prostheses, simple prostheses...
Be Frankenstein! Remove limbs or other body parts from one colonist and install them on another!
A missing eye or nose now makes your colonist less beautiful -> debuff to talking

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Tenzarin posted:

The wire explosion event is because your batteries were too full. Never overcharge a battery.

I like building the switch connecting to solar panels, wind mills, and batteries so I can turn on and off if I want them connected to the base power grid.

dunno about overcharging, but if you disconnect it from your network after charging, it will never discharge & you can hook it back up when you need it. the switch might be the same thing but slicker, i never use it. of course, i dont even use batteries anymore w/the introduction of wood-burning electricity since eclipses dont hurt my generation, and since batteries do nothing to mitigate solar flares. i use the fuse mod that lets me deal with flares, but can a nigga get farraday hardening or something? tynan pls

also, agreed on the criticisms of the disease mechanics. stuff like that is why i was trepid about some of the new features. the game needs a balance/common sense pass. the player needs more agency and the game should respond accordingly to our actions. incurable space aids is not fun. i mean, it might be, but not as currently implemented.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
you guys make a lot of good points, and hell, i agree.

just fyi- most of this game is "in the open" so to speak. if you have a text editor, you can see and edit a lot of the internal workings. i'll probably post a few more of my homebrews (all very simple edits) later after i test them out to make sure nothing's obviously horribly broken.

in the meantime, i'd love to see your bases! here are two ive had since a13 hit:

azhais- i think the "problem" is that tynan perhaps overly favors story generation vs. gameplay. also remember that he just took a 6 month break and the project has kinda been running on autopilot wrt new features, while the gestalt was underappreciated or beyond the purview of the working devs. im hopeful that tynan will do a fun/balance/vision patch now that he's back, and recall that building the ship was literally a throwaway "now you have a win condition" addition to the game. z levels are practically necessary at this point imo due to the sprawl/pawn-transit-time issue that continues to exist, tho the time dilation was a critical step on that path, too.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i can't speak to the technical challenges, but I would be happy w 1 z lvl up n down. i know tynan has spoken against it before, but, as an utter novice, i still think it would be a good idea. No killboxes necessary- ive been playing phoebe, rough, v modded. both bases have accurate artillery emplacements and embrasured outer defenses, while the first also has an op turret emplacement. the similar L-shaped approaches are where enemies typically funnel due to strong stone double walls built elsewhere on the map. it's me, im the ez-mode carebear.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

I Said No posted:

So I started a new colony out in the desert for the hell of it...

this was a cool story, thanks. i was trying to artificially induce a similar scenario the other day but no dice. (i try to never use dev mode bc once i do, i lose all inhibition.) now, im eagerly awaiting an a13 starship troopers mod.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Frog Assassin posted:

Where are build orders for embrasures at? I don't think I've ever seen them. Is there a research requirement?

they aren't in the base game, but a couple of mods add them.

i use this one:

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=18995.msg207266#msg207266

e: this game is much better modded. some mods are extremely OP, others are mildly so, some make the game way harder- find a nice mix that complements the playstyle you enjoy.

Nut to Butt fucked around with this message at 22:53 on May 4, 2016

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Gibbo posted:

Last time I played I got the useless No hauling bitch with sky high art skill. I chopped off her hands and had her beat unconscious to show what happens to people that don't work.

lol- good form

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Blacktoll posted:

What's up with everyone who plays this game? So much weird angst.

standard-issue brokebrain games posters who cant differentiate between reality and the virtual. it was a funny anecdote, imo, perfect rimworlding.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
looks like a14 and the steam early access launch will be in july

https://ludeon.com/blog/

http://store.steampowered.com/app/294100/

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Flesh Forge posted:

He is gonna make so much fuckin money when he does that release.

i agree that he's gonna make a mint, but he seems oddly hesitant? maybe he's just tired of working on the game, but the steam page is insanely hedged in terms of how long the dev process will continue. pushing back the release from june because i guess a lot of games are being launched then makes sense, but it seems like he doesnt appreciate the value of what he's created. im excited to see what a14 holds (at least one brand new major system- reproduction would be the logical one imo) but taking the 6 month hiatus, dropping 1 update, and then going to steam early access is kinda chapping my rear end. we were getting pretty steady updates on alllmost a monthly basis for most of the development, and while a13 added a lot of stuff, it sure didn't seem like 6 months worth of work from multiple devs (excluding tynan). whatever tho, such a fun game! :) i cant wait to see the insane mods that come with workshop integration- people are gonna go ham.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

beerinator posted:

How many games have you played that have gone long enough for a child to grow up? I'm going to snip all my colonist's tubes if this gets in the game.

haha, fair, but i figured it would be accelerated growth of some variety (cloning vats? artificial wombs? meat golems? who knows). i might be hopelessly wrong, too!

Gibbo posted:

He's already made a ton of money and people bitch at every update.

He's running the numbers to figure out the earliest point he can check out and still save a bit of face.

er.. what? i think the community has generally been pretty supportive, and save face? rimworld has been great for many alphas now. he could've done a steam launch before his hiatus, but i think he was rightfully persuaded it would be a bad idea. whether he's burned out or disenchanted with the game is a more open question, but i dont think he needs to "save face" at all. he could've called it quits like a year ago and rimworld would've still been a better effort than a lot of "finished" games, especially in this particular genre.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Broken Cog posted:

Any way to force feed a colonist having a mental breakdown (daze)? The guy with gutworms decided to wander off, and now he's starving to death just walking around, and there doesn't seem to be a whole lot I can do about it.

starvation takes a while, so youre probably best off just letting him tough it out until he recovers from the daze. if you fear for his life, you can draft a colonist to arrest him- but that means you have to re-recruit him.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Danaru posted:

You can actually just release them and they'll still be part of the colony, they'll take a mood hit though

:eyepop: has it always been like that? i guess im just dumb and "catch and release" never occurred to me

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
turn on dev mode, go into mods, click on your mod, and there should be an "update on steam" button

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Flesh Forge posted:

Is there any way to get Steam to stop updating mods for a while? Having my saved games get broken every few hours because a guy updated a mod is getting a little annoying.

seconding what lunethex wrote. i dont think there's a steam option, but you can find the mods in c:\steamlibrary\steamapps\workshop\content\294100

theyre just numbered folders, but if you look in the about\about.xml files you can see what is what. move them to c:\steamlibrary\steamapps\common\rimworld\mods and they should run as local mods. you may want to also unsub from the mods, but you can choose whether to run the local or steam versions in the mod interface, so that may be an overabundance of caution.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Roadie posted:

What is with infestations, anyway? I don't really understand why the dev ever thought they were a good idea in the first place.

He has a hate-boner for mountain bases specifically, and successful colonies generally. Tynan has a lot of good instincts, but sometimes his sense of balance/fun is kinda wack. I think a lot of it stems from his conception of Rimworld as a "story generator" rather than a game.

I don't have the skills, but I think it would be cool if someone modded them to spawn outdoors, where they would build nests, hunt animals/colonists, and generally overrun the map if not exterminated. Obviously, this would require a revamp of their spawning code, AI, and the addition of code/art assets for insect hive structures. I really wish someone would hurry up and make a Starship Troopers mod.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

bees everywhere posted:

At the same time I would like a Starship Troopers mod where I am the brain bug and I have to defend my peaceful bug colony against the hordes of fascist mobile infantrymen.

That would be rad. I like the mod Apparello in part because of the various clothing items with bonuses to skills. At the same time, I think it goes a little overboard in terms of quantity of items added, and there are a lot of items with minimal or duplicative bonuses. If someone did a mod where you could play as the bugs, I think a cool thing to do would be to revamp clothing into "carapaces" so that you could have specialized bug castes with varying bonus/malus trade-offs.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Harminoff posted:

I have a guy who is a nudist however every time I take his clothes off he just puts another on?

go to the assign tab
give him the "nudist" outfit

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i really hate the new mod menu, it's even worse than the old bad one.

please, just give me click and drag... but saving mod configurations would be wonderful, too. i cant tell you how many hours (literally) i've spent at various times trying to get back to the mod load order that was working before i borked it. i've finally started taking screenshots of my load order, though, so at least i eventually learn from my mistakes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Azhais posted:

Components are the devil in general. I've got the routine maintenance mod so things wear out rather than need components replaced, and even on my moderate sized base its one guy's full time job keeping everything maintained (which is better than the previous scenario where one guy would spend about 1/3 of his day replacing components I didn't have), but they're seriously annoying.

you may want to check out the mod "cheaper components" as it cuts both the cost and craft time of components. i prefer it over the maintenance mod