Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

agrielaios
Dec 25, 2009
What's your best RNG events that turned out funny? Some time ago I had random visitor, 'Poopy', past - Grunt. Nothing can go wrong there, right? Poopy went to chill near a prison cell, while prisoner was going berserk and one of colonists on full time duty fixing the door. Poopy decided to be the hero - opened the door, of course, prisoner attacked the colonist fixing the door, thankfully 'Poopy' managed to melee the prisoner down with his revolver

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

agrielaios
Dec 25, 2009

QuarkJets posted:

vanilla game has loving capes and wizard hats now? I am so excited

That I can get behind :hmmyes:

agrielaios
Dec 25, 2009

ughhhh posted:

Kermit the leader of the colony woke up from a catatonic state set by a psychic drone, to go throw a tantrum in the artillery ammo pile and set off an Antigrain warhead. Now half my colony is in ruins, but atleast the only dead person is Kermit....

Kermit, perfect name for the occasion

agrielaios
Dec 25, 2009

Leal posted:

One of my more successful colonies had one of its early... recruits, from an enemy faction and jesus christ every raid from that faction had a family member of hers. Her relationship tab was covered in deceased family members before it finally showed people from the colony she lived in.

Shame she was not a cannibal, the clothing from the family members would have been a good boost to morale. "here is my moccasins, its from granny" "oh, she made em?" "No, its made from granny's skin"

agrielaios
Dec 25, 2009

silentsnack posted:

It helps if you avoid making way more shells than you're gonna need, and store them in a granite or uranium shelf (if it fills more than one shelf, separate them with walls to prevent chain-detonation) and buried deep enough under mountain coverage that an unlucky incoming mortar doesn't set off the stockpile.

Also antigrain warheads are for comedy purposes only. Like pod-dropping a single nuke into an incoming raid or a siege camp, along with a boomalope to trigger it. Generally pointless/inefficient but really funny when you can make it work.

Any changes to pod mechanics? I remember easy way to trade using them, throw a colonist to the settlement you want to trade with, form caravan, then onto that caravan send pods with massive amounts of trade stuff, caravan cant move till you sell it all tho, but can trade

agrielaios
Dec 25, 2009

QuarkJets posted:

I just had a person throw a tantrum and literally destroy a horse. As in the horse was already dead, and the pawn punched the dead horse until it was obliterated from existence

Post sayings that came into existence in your rim experiences. Beating the dead horse - check. Pigs fly next?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

agrielaios
Dec 25, 2009

Leal posted:

GOD loving DAMMIT :byodood:

Mountains are great, but there are mountain crabs.. its possible to make a hellhole of a killzone with swamp or river, you are on the good thought track there